Page 9 of 186 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    short term solution
    to be fair you need one

10+ Year Old Account
    Blades top of the league after 5 games and absolutely battered Blackburn today. Maybe just Maybe we can make it back to the prem.

I know, it’s like it doesn’t matter how good a player anyone is, it’s just hard to be hype when it’s United signing them in a manner of United doing United panic buying things.

I mean, imagine someone tells you 18 months ago United are going to pick up Varane, Casemiro and Ronaldo over the next couple of seasons…
    Casemiro shores up a real hole for you though. I think he's going to greatly improve the team, and it scares me a bit as a Liverpool fan. It's not a long-term fix of course, but it's the sort of buy Fergie used to do as well. He'd gamble on older players for a year or two which not only satisfied shareholders by grabbing headlines, but also improved the side, not only by improving the team but by allowing their experience to rub off on younger players. It's a very solid stopgap while Ten Haag builds his team, if he's going to be allowed to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

and slabhead for pulisic?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Othraerir View Post
    and slabhead for pulisic?
    No one takes that deal. We'd want better than Pulisic, even for Maguire.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Casemiro shores up a real hole for you though. I think he's going to greatly improve the team, and it scares me a bit as a Liverpool fan. It's not a long-term fix of course, but it's the sort of buy Fergie used to do as well. He'd gamble on older players for a year or two which not only satisfied shareholders by grabbing headlines, but also improved the side, not only by improving the team but by allowing their experience to rub off on younger players. It's a very solid stopgap while Ten Haag builds his team, if he's going to be allowed to do so.
    I don’t know why Liverpool fans should be scared of United. They should be scared of their recruitment policy, which seems to hate signing Centre Midfielders. 2 seasons in a row the excuse has been ‘next season’. Meanwhile, the rest of the League strengthens. Even Palace look a far better side this year than last, which makes me very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I don’t know why Liverpool fans should be scared of United. They should be scared of their recruitment policy, which seems to hate signing Centre Midfielders. 2 seasons in a row the excuse has been ‘next season’. Meanwhile, the rest of the League strengthens. Even Palace look a far better side this year than last, which makes me very happy.
    I think it's just Casemiro PTSD from the CL finals. Don't get me wrong, he's not going to make them challenge for the title overnight, but it's a step in the right direction for them and that worries me. I'd much rather see them wasting money on a past his peak Ronaldo and Eriksen who is great but in a position that they're already stacked in.

As for our CM problem, that definitely worries me, but Klopp's recruitment has been consistently solid so I'm inclined to trust him. We've been linked with Bellingham fairly strongly and we do have some great players there still. Harvey Elliot has a good chance of becoming a great player if he doesn't break his leg again, Keita is phenomenal when he can get a consistent run of games, and we've still got Thiago, Henderson and Fabinho who all put in great shifts. We'll get the right player when the time is right. I hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Casemiro won't be ready to feature tomorrow and by the time we play Liverpool again they're probably miles ahead of us anyways

10+ Year Old Account
    100 million euros for Antony, that's like 70 million too much. Man U getting punked by Ajax and Ten Hag

Newcastle really taken this game to City and making the City defence feel real uncomfortable. Cracking stuff to watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Newcastle really taken this game to City and making the City defence feel real uncomfortable. Cracking stuff to watch.
    Yep end to end stuff.

5+ Year Old Account
    Saint-Maximin is running circles around cities right flank like this is a training exercise

- - - Updated - - -

Sorta feel that Trippier red card should have stood. Both feet of the ground, no intention to play the ball, going for KDB's knee... how is a red a glaring error from the ref here?

10+ Year Old Account
    This time last year Arsenal were rock bottom.

There's hope for us yet

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    Sorta feel that Trippier red card should have stood. Both feet of the ground, no intention to play the ball, going for KDB's knee... how is a red a glaring error from the ref here?
    Looking at the tackle now and I think it's a yellow, he had no intent to go for the ball, but red would have been harsh. He trips him but it doesn't look intentionally malice, or however you'd say it. I think direct red would have been harsh, considering many defenders often grab shirts or whatever to stop an attack and mostly always get yellow too.

I don't know, I'm no expert but considering the situation I think it's a definite (obvious) yellow and straight red would have been a tad harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I think it's just Casemiro PTSD from the CL finals. Don't get me wrong, he's not going to make them challenge for the title overnight, but it's a step in the right direction for them and that worries me. I'd much rather see them wasting money on a past his peak Ronaldo and Eriksen who is great but in a position that they're already stacked in.

As for our CM problem, that definitely worries me, but Klopp's recruitment has been consistently solid so I'm inclined to trust him. We've been linked with Bellingham fairly strongly and we do have some great players there still. Harvey Elliot has a good chance of becoming a great player if he doesn't break his leg again, Keita is phenomenal when he can get a consistent run of games, and we've still got Thiago, Henderson and Fabinho who all put in great shifts. We'll get the right player when the time is right. I hope.
    It isn't a recruitment issue at your club. It's the owners being very tightfisted and expecting miracles from Klopp.

He seemed to confirm this today, by saying 'hey, I don't decide how much money gets spent'. This is a finance issue.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Looking at the tackle now and I think it's a yellow, he had no intent to go for the ball, but red would have been harsh. He trips him but it doesn't look intentionally malice, or however you'd say it. I think direct red would have been harsh, considering many defenders often grab shirts or whatever to stop an attack and mostly always get yellow too.

I don't know, I'm no expert but considering the situation I think it's a definite (obvious) yellow and straight red would have been a tad harsh.
    Calling it harsh because Trippier didn't actually hurt KDB is something I cannot agree with. He came flying in, didn't go for the ball at all and could just as well have injured Kevin. Regardless, even if you call it a light red, it still seems nuts to me that VAR calls that an obvious error from the referee.

15+ Year Old Account
    Calling it harsh because Trippier didn't actually hurt KDB is something I cannot agree with. He came flying in, didn't go for the ball at all and could just as well have injured Kevin. Regardless, even if you call it a light red, it still seems nuts to me that VAR calls that an obvious error from the referee.
    I didn't mean it would have been harsh because he didn't injure him. I agree he had no intention to play the ball, but neither do players who pull others down by the shirt, for example.

Is there even something as a "light red"? I think if you're going to give red, it needs to be clear as day that it's a red. This is just my opinion though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seen plenty of higher challenges injure players and get nothing, especially in the box. He just went to trip him to break up an attack, which is pretty much a staple of City’s own play, it’s a nailed on yellow (and a lot more yellows need to be given for it) but nothing more.

5+ Year Old Account
    Seen plenty of higher challenges injure players and get nothing, especially in the box. He just went to trip him to break up an attack, which is pretty much a staple of City’s own play, it’s a nailed on yellow (and a lot more yellows need to be given for it) but nothing more.
    Past wrongs don't make this one right. I agree that Trippier didn't do what he did to try and injure his opponent and what he tried to do is def a yellow. Imo, the way he did it makes the red a perfectly defendable decision so, again in my opinion, that should mean the VAR doesn't intervene.

In other news, that assist for the 3th city goal was filthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ronaldo, Fred and Maguire dropped. Some bold decisions there.