15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Nah, you lot have been very generous with that title. Ever wondered why people from other countries have been so reluctant to join the discussion here? PL fans have worked hard for years to deserve every little bit of shit flinging and glee. That's a big part of football culture and now you're tasting your own medicine for once.

https://twitter.com/PurelyFootball/s...09351571538094
    Eh, like half of the regulars here are from countries other than England, we just so happen to all support PL clubs hence that's where most of the discussion goes to. I'd be more than happy and welcoming to talk about other leagues, but I've only ever really followed the PL and other English leagues growing up so my knowledge of others would be limited.

As for your twitter link, pretty sure every club on this planet has bellends like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post

A mixed night for Spurs old boys for sure but Eric Dier just cemented himself in Spurs legends! That shit eating grin that wouldn't stay off his face and he definitely thought it was nice....
    Spurs legends - knocking Arsenal out of a cup competition whilst playing for another team

Arsenal legends -
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    Don't forget about Aston Villa the winners of the conference league. Seriously though they have a very good chance of doing so and it would be ironic that the only English team in the final of any European competition is indeed, Aston Villa.
    It wouldn't shock me at all to see Emery win the kind of competition he's won a bunch of times already. If you're good you'll win something once, it takes something special to keep on winning.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Spurs legends - knocking Arsenal out of a cup competition whilst playing for another team
    Not sure we have the same definition of Spurs legends, Dole Campbell def not close, this guy actually got upset he wasn't invited to the WHL closing legends ceremony, so I guess he thinks he is, so dont burst his bubble

I think it's fair to use the "farmers league" comment on a league that's been heavily dominated by one team and Ligue 1 definitely fits that. Bundesliga also had Bayern winning what, 10 years in a row or something before now? Juventus were on a high streak as well before they missed one and now its more even again. Sadly PL could be on the way to that since City will probably get their 4th in a row and it feels like nobody will ever stop them unless they get a penalty for their shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I think it's fair to use the "farmers league" comment on a league that's been heavily dominated by one team and Ligue 1 definitely fits that. Bundesliga also had Bayern winning what, 10 years in a row or something before now? Juventus were on a high streak as well before they missed one and now its more even again. Sadly PL could be on the way to that since City will probably get their 4th in a row and it feels like nobody will ever stop them unless they get a penalty for their shenanigans.
    Ironically the farmers leagues have 3 teams in the final 4 of the champions league and 2 teams in the final 4 of the europa league. Not bad for farmers eh? never understood the "farmers league" bollocks because 1 team wins it all the time it's not like the premiership is a lot better, how many teams have won it in the last 20 years, 5? there's been 7 different winners of the Bundesliga in the same 20 years. 10 different winners in the same 20 year period for France.

Outside of Leicester with the shock title we've been seeing the same 4 teams swap the titles around yet everyone acts like the prem is the dogs bollocks of football.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Eh, like half of the regulars here are from countries other than England, we just so happen to all support PL clubs hence that's where most of the discussion goes to. I'd be more than happy and welcoming to talk about other leagues, but I've only ever really followed the PL and other English leagues growing up so my knowledge of others would be limited.

As for your twitter link, pretty sure every club on this planet has bellends like that.
    Thanks, somebody had to point this out

Umm, 50% is still a vast overrepresentation, even considering most users here are from europe and north america.

10+ Year Old Account
    Umm, 50% is still a vast overrepresentation, even considering most users here are from europe and north america.
    La Liga used to be discussed a lot here too, I miss that tbh. It’s just the way that people have fallen away from the forums, presumably from doing so from WoW.

I’m not sure half the people talking here are resident in England either. There’s probably only a couple of us with season tickets for our clubs too.

Going back to the ‘farmers league’ discussion, English teams often do well in the Champions League but are usually dog shit in the Europa and Conference Leagues unless it’s one of the ‘top four’ who find themselves in it.

Premier League does have a big spread in popularity across the globe and I'm not saying other leagues don't have that, but they started showing English football on TV here in Sweden in the late 60s or something. I got introduced to it from my dad (Arsenal-fan) and I started cheering for Man Utd when I was maybe 6-7 years old in 1997-1998 and back then it basically boiled down to "hey this team has a devil in their logo that's really cool!" and I never paid more thought to it than that. And over the next maybe 4-5 years I would watch the occasional games but I was maybe around 12 when I started to really follow PL more closely and watch games every weekend. Now its pretty much a guarantee I will see 2-3 games a weekend, sometimes even 4.

There are teams in other leagues I have some fondness for, usually for very weird reasons like playing as them in a FIFA or Football Manager save, but it's hard to stay really updated on multiple leagues. It's easy to blame the convenience of just following one league but even if I watched less PL games there's also other things I want to do in life and only so much time. I don't judge others who have the same stance but with Serie A or Bundesliga or La Liga (or whatever else) because if you want to invest time in the league you follow, thats easily 4-8 hours per weekend and any game in another league on top of that is another 2 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    I support Newcastle because it's where I'm from

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    Ironically the farmers leagues have 3 teams in the final 4 of the champions league and 2 teams in the final 4 of the europa league. Not bad for farmers eh? never understood the "farmers league" bollocks because 1 team wins it all the time it's not like the premiership is a lot better, how many teams have won it in the last 20 years, 5? there's been 7 different winners of the Bundesliga in the same 20 years. 10 different winners in the same 20 year period for France.

Outside of Leicester with the shock title we've been seeing the same 4 teams swap the titles around yet everyone acts like the prem is the dogs bollocks of football.
    When people say "farmers league" they're not calling the top 1 or 2 teams farmers. It's farmers LEAGUE, not FC Bayern Farmers or Paris Saint Farmers.

If anything, it should be easier for the likes of Bayern, BVB, PSG to do well in Europe because their league is way easier, and they claim all the top talent from the league. Whereas in England, minimum 6 clubs compete for the best players.
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Seen Nicolas Jackson play maybe 6 times, I cant remember seeing a worse number 9, and he even scored a hat-trick against Spurs. Not sure how he gets in that Chelsea team. Mind you DeBruyne looks like he did when he played for Chelsea right now, what a terrible game for people watching.

Edit:- Chelsea are gonna be mad about losing that, worse performance from City in years, they wont win the league playing like this, so tired and uninspired. HUGE missed opportunity for Chelsea. Horrible horrible watch for the neutral.
    Last edited by Marleycat; 2024-04-20 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    When people say "farmers league" they're not calling the top 1 or 2 teams farmers. It's farmers LEAGUE, not FC Bayern Farmers or Paris Saint Farmers.

If anything, it should be easier for the likes of Bayern, BVB, PSG to do well in Europe because their league is way easier, and they claim all the top talent from the league. Whereas in England, minimum 6 clubs compete for the best players.
    This is exactly the ignorance i'm talking about. Fucking HEIDENHEIM have beaten Bayern. BVB is FIFTH in the league.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seen Nicolas Jackson play maybe 6 times, I cant remember seeing a worse number 9, and he even scored a hat-trick against Spurs. Not sure how he gets in that Chelsea team. Mind you DeBruyne looks like he did when he played for Chelsea right now, what a terrible game for people watching.
    Yeah it was an ass game, but I'm laughing at how bad Jackson is. And as we well know the only reason he scored a hat-trick against Spurs was you lot were down to like 9 men.

Yeah it was an ass game, but I'm laughing at how bad Jackson is. And as we well know the only reason he scored a hat-trick against Spurs was you lot were down to like 9 men.
    Yep and defending with everyone but the goalkeeper in Chelsea's half, I would have backed me or you to score those goals.

Also that 100 million free kick by Mudryk with 30 seconds left to play

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep and defending with everyone but the goalkeeper in Chelsea's half, I would have backed me or you to score those goals.

Also that 100 million free kick by Mudryk with 30 seconds left to play
    Haha yeah that free kick.

Watch United fuck up tomorrow now though

This is exactly the ignorance i'm talking about. Fucking HEIDENHEIM have beaten Bayern. BVB is FIFTH in the league.
    Bayern are having an infamously bad season in the league, people literally mocking them so hard you'd think they'd be mid table like Chelsea but they're in........... 2nd.

Wasn't it Mudryk who cost Chelsea the goal? guy was barely on the pitch for 10 mins and decides to stand outside the box leaving Silva all on his own, the guys all pace and is 100% fresh yet still couldn't be arsed running, Jackson showing once again why he's not a striker and why in all honesty he will most likely get sold in the summer, he's fucking atrocious.

50% on an English speaking forum is over-representation? Do you go to the French forums and slate on the amount of France fans on it?

At either rate no not the best year for English teams in Europe, for some reason Real are just City's bogey team, I do actually agree Bayern would traditionally be favourites in that match up and its only cos theyre "outta form" in Bundesliga that the expectations were kinda reversed. But sure, we'll go with Liverpool, Chelsea and Utd are all not big factors in European football right now, which leaves kinda City as flying the flag for the EPL there, what a terrible state the EPL is in.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit:- Chelsea are gonna be mad about losing that, worse performance from City in years, they wont win the league playing like this, so tired and uninspired. HUGE missed opportunity for Chelsea. Horrible horrible watch for the neutral.
    Thats just Chelsea atm though, half the players dont deserve to be there and were paid ridiculous money for. It makes you wonder what teams are doing sometimes with recruitment.