Why big business can screw over whoever they can and when they want too!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/co...467129d83b44a2

That's right.. companies (cartels) can demand a government agency do something and screw over whoever they want to. That's why you have inflation...Time for anti-trust!

So we need the government to break up companies because a government agency is doing something it probably shouldn't be. Makes sense. Maybe the government should just try not being corrupt. Thanks Brandon.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who is lactose intolerant, the labeling of "oat milk" and "almond milk" annoys me endlessly. Only Coconut Milk should be allowed to be referred to as a "milk" (alongside other dairy-based milks), because ya know, it's actually called coconut milk.

Also, the dairy industries are fucking nuts powerful. After living in California my general thoughts on them are "Fuck 'em".
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    Lots of issues in the whole argument. For one, this is an opinion article that the OP quotes, not news. And more issues in the article. The state of Florida where her lawsuit started this had put Florida state FDA nutritional requirements in-place that required Vitamin A & D in all milk, which she objected to but lost in court. Moreover, the article tries to make a strange argument about 1st amendment rights saying that should enable her to put whatever she wants to on a label, which for obvious reasons also got shot down in court. The government has the power to enact regulations around labels that businesses put on certain products, and that is not overridden by the 1st amendment. It finishes boldly claiming that they know the FDA will lose in court, which I wouldn't bet on since the courts have agreed with the FDA so far.

So I'm not sure where any argument is successfully made about big business. This was the FDA, not politicians hungry for lobbyist donations. And when you look into the actual facts of this case the whole argument of the article looks pretty flimsy. Not saying big business isn't very powerful, just that I have to really squint to see a good example of it at work here.

Quote Originally Posted by anveena View Post
    So we need the government to break up companies because a government agency is doing something it probably shouldn't be. Makes sense. Maybe the government should just try not being corrupt. Thanks Brandon.
    Very impressive seeing a blind person using an internet forum.

Having actualy dealt with big business running roughshod all over out township recently, this right there? is minor nonsense that in a way does make some sense. I don't care, personaly if they call my oat milk - imitation milk, made from oats. as long as it doesn't have dairy in it and contains everything on the label? DGAF. large companies being able to skirt around on technicalities to get whatever the hell they want just because they can throw more money at it? THAT. THAT pisses me off. /braces self for upcoming legal fees that are going to be rough even while pulling resources of multiple people, but unfortunately necessary. /end rant