A Question on soloing BFA Raids

At the beginning of the current expansion there were several threads to the effect that BFA raids were not soloable at level 60. My less than perfect memory says that inadequate gear was the problem most often given as the reason. At present ilevel 252+ gear is easily available so has that made these raids (other than mythic and bosses with certain mechanics) soloable ?

The problem is legacy mode not being active. Some mechanics haven't been adjusted for a solo player so they are impossible for most classes. G'huun comes to mind. I know a few VDH have solo'd it using ripple in space, however its not possible for most other classes. Even if you do manage to solo some bosses, their health pools are still going to be massive so expect the fights to be long and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    The problem is legacy mode not being active. Some mechanics haven't been adjusted for a solo player so they are impossible for most classes. G'huun comes to mind. I know a few VDH have solo'd it using ripple in space, however its not possible for most other classes. Even if you do manage to solo some bosses, their health pools are still going to be massive so expect the fights to be long and boring.
    You won't even get to G'huun. The boss After Zul will mind control you and kill you unless you kill him in like 10 seconds or something. Uldir is impossible to solo past Zul. Doable till Zul.
    I have not tried Dazar'alor.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, hold off doing raids from Legion and BFA until 70. Got it.

On a related note. What other pre-SL raids are not soloable strictly due to mechanics that requires at least two people? Trial of Valor (first boss), SoO (first boss in Org) and Heart of Fear (finalboss) are the big three I know of so far.

Over the weekend I soloed all three WoD raids with a level 50 Pally. Some fights took a painfully long time due to mechanics and Blackhand needs to be kited if not using a class with a pet to keep from getting punted off the platform and the raid resetting. There's that one boss Blackwing Descent that requires talking to the NPC before starting the fight to avoid gettinging instantly one-shot too.

That aside, I wish there was a way to move faster in the large instances. LOL.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

I have no idea why their heads are lodged so deeply in their assholes about soloing old raids.
    It's still somewhat difficult to do a damn Legion mythic, what is the purpose of this? It just seems like spite to me, a disdain for the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Dang. OK Assume we wait till 70. What changes assuming legacy mode is still not established
    will that make ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JDL49 View Post
    Dang. OK Assume we wait till 70. What changes assuming legacy mode is still not established
    will that make ?
    I actually noticed when I did the three BFA Raids (HFC, BRF and Highmaul) all mobs and bosses had the Demoralized Debuff which cut their Health Pool by 30% and their Damage by 45% or so. In most cases, Deadly mechanics I know some of the bosses had were disabled too. I facerolled Archimonde at 50 for reference (I don't have SL yet but I plan to do the SL + DF bundle upgrade later this month).

I heard from a lot of folks they can't solo any raids in BFA OR Legion at 60 which is pretty weird. Tomb of Sargeras, Nighthold and Antorius should all be soloable for some classes at 50 and all classes at 60. At least you'd think. I'll see how things look at 70 eventually but I want to be able to at least be able to solo BFA Dungeons on Mythic at 60 with all classes.

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

On a related note. What other pre-SL raids are not soloable strictly due to mechanics that requires at least two people? Trial of Valor (first boss), SoO (first boss in Org) and Heart of Fear (finalboss) are the big three I know of so far.
    SoO is entirely soloable? It just takes a really long time. I've run that place plenty on my warrior trying for the shoulders it's definitely doable.

will that make ?
    Legacy mode gets enabled once content is 3 expansions old. For some reason that was the time Blizzard decided when it should be at most 2. WoD went Legacy with SL, Legion will get it once Dragonflight launches, maybe in the pre-patch.

For BfA content you'll still be stuck behind some mechanics, although our inflated ilvls/stats will make it possible to brute force through them.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    At the beginning of the current expansion there were several threads to the effect that BFA raids were not soloable at level 60. My less than perfect memory says that inadequate gear was the problem most often given as the reason. At present ilevel 252+ gear is easily available so has that made these raids (other than mythic and bosses with certain mechanics) soloable ?
    maybe some of them on normal but yeah there are a lot of mechanics which require multiple people. some would be an easy fix - removing the damage reduction debuff on Conclave for example, but others like G'huun, Rastakhan, Mekkatorque, Skitra and N'Zoth would require significant changes

Quote Originally Posted by unfunnymeme View Post
    I have no idea why their heads are lodged so deeply in their assholes about soloing old raids.
    It's still somewhat difficult to do a damn Legion mythic, what is the purpose of this? It just seems like spite to me, a disdain for the playerbase.
    oh, that’s simple. when you are Mister WoW Team and get a budget low as fk, cause your management’s mantra is „put in the least possible, while milk out even the last drop“… well, then nobody gives a fk about stuff like this, because it „NOT SELLS TOKENS!“
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-08-12 at 05:32 AM.

I actually noticed when I did the three BFA Raids (HFC, BRF and Highmaul) all mobs and bosses had the Demoralized Debuff which cut their Health Pool by 30% and their Damage by 45% or so. In most cases, Deadly mechanics I know some of the bosses had were disabled too. I facerolled Archimonde at 50 for reference (I don't have SL yet but I plan to do the SL + DF bundle upgrade later this month).

I heard from a lot of folks they can't solo any raids in BFA OR Legion at 60 which is pretty weird. Tomb of Sargeras, Nighthold and Antorius should all be soloable for some classes at 50 and all classes at 60. At least you'd think. I'll see how things look at 70 eventually but I want to be able to at least be able to solo BFA Dungeons on Mythic at 60 with all classes.
    That's WoD not BfA. Legion raids are easily solo'd by most classes at this point as they removed a lot of the things that made them difficult like 2 in antorus(coven and eonar). BfA is soloable to a certain extent, but there are some mechanics like mind controls and oppulance for example that you can't do solo regardless of dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    The problem is legacy mode not being active.
    I mean legacy mode hasn't been active for Legion either but that has been solo'ed. The main problem is health bars are bigger so it takes longer which means more mechanics. I can't remember but I think even parts of Antorus are still a pain to solo because of mechanics / health pools.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    SoO is entirely soloable? It just takes a really long time. I've run that place plenty on my warrior trying for the shoulders it's definitely doable.

Legacy mode gets enabled once content is 3 expansions old. For some reason that was the time Blizzard decided when it should be at most 2. WoD went Legacy with SL, Legion will get it once Dragonflight launches, maybe in the pre-patch.

For BfA content you'll still be stuck behind some mechanics, although our inflated ilvls/stats will make it possible to brute force through them.
    Hopefully during the end of a patch they'll pop the fixes in like with Antorus(and somewhat Guldan but I think his came earlier).

- - - Updated - - -

Over the weekend I soloed all three WoD raids with a level 50 Pally. Some fights took a painfully long time due to mechanics and Blackhand needs to be kited if not using a class with a pet to keep from getting punted off the platform and the raid resetting. There's that one boss Blackwing Descent that requires talking to the NPC before starting the fight to avoid gettinging instantly one-shot too.

That aside, I wish there was a way to move faster in the large instances. LOL.
    Trial of Valor was supposed to have been fixed during SL and even if it didn't you can just kite whichever one you're dps'ing in a straight line and when the other starts to cast you'll be out of range for a bit. SoO and HoF have been soloable for ages.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    so I just tested this, did the first boss on BoD normal. Legacy loot is enabled, which means that the buffs to dps and damage reduction are there as well - I did 25k dps throughout the fight. so yeah, up to and including BoD should be soloable but the issue comes with the bosses which have mechanics which make it difficult (damage reduction when close) or reset (Bwonsamdi, N'Zoth etc)

10+ Year Old Account
    Battle For Azeroth raids are set up for legacy loot (according to the forum, thought it wasn't yet myself) but not tuned for solo play yet.

Legion raids can easily be soloed, some bosses cause a few problems at Mythic though (for me at least).

Anything from Legion and older, are Legacy raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Trials of Valor Mythic can be solo'd if you have some mobility and damage to boot (Can at least be done as Hunter (because pet), Mage (Because of Blink), Warrior (Because of heroic leap), Druid (Because of Dash), Rogue (Because of sprint) - Bonus if you are a Worgen (Because of Darkflight).

Everything can be solo'd in Siege of Orgrimmar Mythic, some just mean a little more time (Like the first boss) and others mean not too much damage (Like the Klaxxi, they bug if you nuke them).

Everything in Heart of Fear can be solo'd. Nothing prevents you to just rush to through, even the last boss.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2022-08-12 at 07:09 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post

Trial of Valor was supposed to have been fixed during SL and even if it didn't you can just kite whichever one you're dps'ing in a straight line and when the other starts to cast you'll be out of range for a bit. SoO and HoF have been soloable for ages.
    I read SoO's first boss in Org (not the first boss period) was not soloable due to mechanics but that was back when WoD and Legion were current. I wasn't aware that was since fixed.

I hit a wall with HoF's final boss and couldn't get past its immunity mechanics. Tried with 3 different classes Pally, Hunter and Warlock).

ToV, they attack together. Easy to do with a Pet obviously (have the pet take one while you kill the other) but for the majority of classes without a pet, you have a very narrow window let alone adds you also need to deal with that could distract you long enough for the other get back in range for their twin buff.

That's WoD not BfA. Legion raids are easily solo'd by most classes at this point as they removed a lot of the things that made them difficult like 2 in antorus(coven and eonar). BfA is soloable to a certain extent, but there are some mechanics like mind controls and oppulance for example that you can't do solo regardless of dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post

Trials of Valor Mythic can be solo'd if you have some mobility and damage to boot (Can at least be done as Hunter (because pet), Mage (Because of Blink), Warrior (Because of heroic leap), Druid (Because of Dash), Rogue (Because of sprint) - Bonus if you are a Worgen (Because of Darkflight).

Everything can be solo'd in Siege of Orgrimmar Mythic, some just mean a little more time (Like the first boss) and others mean not too much damage (Like the Klaxxi, they bug if you nuke them).

Everything in Heart of Fear can be solo'd. Nothing prevents you to just rush to through, even the last boss.
    Like I said above, classes with pets can easily do that fight by simply kiting one while you kill the other. That aside, they attack you together. They're not giving you a lot of time to split them long enough to stop their twin buff when you're alone. Pallys have a 3-second mobility skill and it's more than enough time to make space if you're really lucky. I'm looking for certainty, not chance though.

I read SoO's first boss in Org (not the first boss period) was not soloable due to mechanics but that was back when WoD and Legion were current. I wasn't aware that was since fixed.

I hit a wall with HoF's final boss and couldn't get past its immunity mechanics. Tried with 3 different classes Pally, Hunter and Warlock).

ToV, they attack together. Easy to do with a Pet obviously (have the pet take one while you kill the other) but for the majority of classes without a pet, you have a very narrow window let alone adds you also need to deal with that could distract you long enough for the other get back in range for their twin buff.

Like I said above, classes with pets can easily do that fight by simply kiting one while you kill the other. That aside, they attack you together. They're not giving you a lot of time to split them long enough to stop their twin buff when you're alone. Pallys have a 3-second mobility skill and it's more than enough time to make space if you're really lucky. I'm looking for certainty, not chance though.
    Pet thing doesn't work, you need to damage both of them and pets cannot taunt or keep threat in raids. It has nothing to do with mobility. You keep moving until ONE of them starts to cast and when you get out of range you dps the one moving. As one gets low you swap to the other and then once that one is burned the other will move with you freely while the first is locked in place giving you time to finish. It's tedious, but not even remotely hard or needing mobility etc. It's not luck, it's not being incompetent(I'd say it's skill but it's really not even being skilled).

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a moment where you have to react, where one of them starts casting, hence you need to sprint/dash/heroic leap/whatever to move him/her away from the other, and damage or even kill them before the other one comes to you. The classes I mentioned, are the ones that I know 100% have no problem handling those if you know how to do the fight - and aye, Paladin should be able to as well, easily.

- - - Updated - - -

Pet thing doesn't work, you need to damage both of them and pets cannot taunt or keep threat in raids.
    Thought they could in Legacy raids, no?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Pet thing doesn't work, you need to damage both of them and pets cannot taunt or keep threat in raids.
    That's some bullshit right there. I do solo runs mostly with a Hunter or Warlock (Felguard or Voidwalker) and they have zero problem taking and holding aggro. Makes doing H LK and H Sinestra fights much quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    There is a moment where you have to react, where one of them starts casting, hence you need to sprint/dash/heroic leap/whatever to move him/her away from the other, and damage or even kill them before the other one comes to you. The classes I mentioned, are the ones that I know 100% have no problem handling those if you know how to do the fight - and aye, Paladin should be able to as well, easily.
    Well I'll give it another shot at some point. After I get SL + DF I'll be able to level to 60 (and then 70) so that should make soloing recent raids faster.

That's some bullshit right there. I do solo runs mostly with a Hunter or Warlock (Felguard or Voidwalker) and they have zero problem taking and holding aggro. Makes doing H LK and H Sinestra fights much quicker.
    Pet taunts work in legacy raids but otherwise raid bosses are immune to taunt. Probably what they are referring too.