15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    And a much as you people think you "won", no, im not wrong, everything i said is true. and the credit and all bullshit assumptions, like "the security prison not having security", are just that, bullshit in the end.
    It isn't BS. It is just unexplained details. In the real world there are examples all the time of prisons having lax security and allowing stuff to happen. Why can't a prison in a fictional world have those potential issues as well? Why does it need to be explained? Why do you need your hand held in order for it to be "good" writing or for you to understand the story better?

Everything you said hasn't been true. You haven't even responded to things your directly asked for.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It isn't BS. It is just unexplained details. In the real world there are examples all the time of prisons having lax security and allowing stuff to happen. Why can't a prison in a fictional world have those potential issues as well? Why does it need to be explained? Why do you need your hand held in order for it to be "good" writing or for you to understand the story better?

Everything you said hasn't been true. You haven't even responded to things your directly asked for.

In the real world there is no super-humans who can destroy a city and kill countless people, its bogus that you think this bs explanation make any sense.

every time you try to explain this it becomes more dumb, just stop and go complain in the lord of the rings thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you arent.

You and others, keep saying they do have bad writing and dumb plot points, but are mentally incapable of telling why, just keep repeating what i said isn't.
    No, we're pointing out that genre tropes are not "bad writing", in the first place.

They may not make rational sense in a direct analysis, but that doesn't make them "bad" by definition. It means that the genre has some conceits and presumptions that the audience is expected to accept. Like the advanced hypothetical technologies in science fiction, or the concept of magic and monsters existing in fantasy. Complaining about a superhero genre trope being "bad" is exactly as ridiculous an argument as complaining that Gandalf sucks because "magic isn't real". It's the same non-argument.

15+ Year Old Account
    In the real world there is no super-humans who can destroy a city and kill countless people, its bogus that you think this bs explanation make any sense.
    We have mass-murderers in prison. Bombs can cause widespread damage. The presence of a super hero wouldn't magically change how prisons work. Why do you think it would? We've seen much of the world function the same as it does in the real world. Why do you think guards wouldn't look the other way in exchange for a favor? Money? Remember Emil was a celebrity in the prison. Started programs to help the prison. Made friends with guards. Etc. All things that happen in real life to allow things that normally not allowed in prison to happen.

Yet it is different just because you say so? Why can't I complain about silly takes by a poster here? The dumb thing is that you complain about me responding to you in the Lord of the Rings thread as well. You can't even tell a person to stop responding properly. Lol.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    No, we're pointing out that genre tropes are not "bad writing", in the first place.
    Yes... and when you deploy genre tropes with bad writers, you have bad writing.

The genre trope itself is not bad, is how you use it, and if you are a hack, you will do shit even with the basic clichê that usually work.

Complaining about a superhero genre trope being "bad" is exactly as ridiculous an argument as complaining that Gandalf sucks because "magic isn't real". It's the same non-argument.
    You are blatantly try to make my stance be around "super-hero genre is bad" when i never said that, is borderline gaslighting

No, superhero genre tropes aren't bad, just the movies an d tv shows they are releasing recently are bad, because they are doing shit on it

- - - Updated - - -

We have mass-murderers in prison. Bombs can cause widespread damage. The presence of a super hero wouldn't magically change how prisons work. Why do you think it would? .
    Except the show literally show how prisons changed to deal with super-humans, or do you think there is many prisons out there that set alarms when prisioners touch the bars?

Why do you think guards wouldn't look the other way in exchange for a favor? Money? Remember Emil was a celebrity in the prison. Started programs to help the prison. Made friends with guards. Etc. All things that happen in real life to allow things that normally not allowed in prison to happen.
    Good thing to put in the fucking show, but no, it was bad written. All of this is your headcanon that the people doing the show didn't think about it, or didn't care to include.. you keep proving my point lmao.

15+ Year Old Account
    You are blatantly try to make my stance be around "super-hero genre is bad" when i never said that, is borderline gaslighting
    This genre is : Bad
    If you are going to lie you may want to make sure that proof of the lie isn't easily available.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you are going to lie you may want to make sure that proof of the lie isn't easily available.
    Nice try, but im obviously(i though it was obvious) making fun of the person who quote me saying i "don't understand the she-hulk show genre" as a way to say the show is bad, sarcasm you know?

Not that i think you have enough to understand nuances, but yeah.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    "the show is bad writing and is a mess"

>Ok, i also think that, because of X, y and Y

"no, you are wrong, the show is bad not because of what you said"

>Then why, what makes the plot bad and the show being a mess?

"NOT WHAT YOU SAID, HAHA"

Great explanation, great arguments.

And a much as you people think you "won", no, im not wrong, everything i said is true. and the credit and all bullshit assumptions, like "the security prison not having security", are just that, bullshit in the end.

"we are not obligated to give you reasons, but we are obligated to respond to you every time you comment,"
    , geez... then just stop quoting me.

And the only problem you mentioned, not explained is "muh metacomentary", yet, the show is a mess, because this reason alone
    If you are going to dishonestly paint yourself as the one who is being reasonable here and mock your opponent, you are just proving that you aren't here for honest discussion.

You don't ask for explanation except when mocking the reason you were given that you asked for. Why would any rational person give you an explanation after that?
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2023-01-18 at 10:25 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

15+ Year Old Account
    Except the show literally show how prisons changed to deal with super-humans, or do you think there is many prisons out there that set alarms when prisioners touch the bars?
    It is amazing you talk of head canon while saying that prisons in the MCU can't have corruption because they made some changes because of superheroes. So why is your head canon superior here?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    If you are going to dishonest paint yourself as the one who is being reasonable here and mock anyone, you are just proving that you aren't here for honest discussion.
    Neither you or the other two are here for a honest discussion, yet you and then come back again and again quoting me or mentioning me in other comments.

You and then are keeping this thread still going because you can't abide by your own standards and stop discussing a dead argument, with someone, who you claim to be "dishonest"

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice try, but im obviously(i though it was obvious) making fun of the person who quote me saying i "don't understand the she-hulk show genre" as a way to say the show is bad, sarcasm you know?
    Except that wasn't sarcasm or a hidden commentary on the writing of the show. I'm pretty sure I understand nuances when you've admitted you don't understand celebrities being imitated or dancing, credit systems, and more through out this thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    It is amazing you talk of head canon while saying that prisons in the MCU can't have corruption because they made some changes because of superheroes. So why is your head canon superior here?
    They could have, IF THEY HAVE OR NOT, is completely your headcanon

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, technology in prisons have changed. Just like technology in prisons changed from the Old West days. Prisons still have escapees, corrupt guards, etc ...

You know some modern prisons have seismic sensors to detect motion coming from outside right? There are even some with some sensors on inmates. An alarm on bars is just really a fictionalize version of sensor technology which is used in prisons.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    Except that wasn't sarcasm or a hidden commentary on the writing of the show.
    Now you want to know what i meant in my commentary more than me. you are just too full of yourself buddy.

7+ Year Old Account
    No one has ever said "This is what happened" it is always could have.

You are making an objective statement that prisons cannot work like the real world because super-heroes.
    –The Sith Code

15+ Year Old Account
    So why is it bad writing if corruption could have existed? There is no issue because there is a logical answer for why it happened.

7+ Year Old Account
    And here is he again, sigh.

Yes, technology in prisons have changed. Just like technology in prisons changed from the Old West days. Prisons still have escapees, bride guards, etc ...
    funny that there seems to be no guards guarding the super human criminal
    You know some modern prisons have seismic sensors to detect motion coming from outside right? There are even some with some sensors on inmates. An alarm on bars is just really a fictionalize version of sensor technology which is used in prisons
    oh? then why they don't have seismic sensors to detect motion from the outside in the super-human prison? you know, if they had, they would detect what happened.

Are you telling me they have this for normal humans, but they can't have that for super-humans, dangerous criminals with high value for the government?

Its amazing, that there more you dig, more dumb the situation becomes.

- - - Updated - - -

No one has ever said "This is what happened" it is always could have.

You are making an objective statement that prisons cannot work like the real world because super-heroes.
    If prisons work the same in real world they would have fucking security, and people would have noticed he escaping MANY times already.

Thats the crux of this shit, they don't work the same, they work WORSE, when they should be BETTER because of what they are dealing with it

15+ Year Old Account
    oh? then why they don't have seismic sensors to detect motion from the outside in the super-human prison? you know, if they had, they would detect what happened.
    You said you watched the show two times and you didn't notice how Wong magically teleported inside the cell? That wouldn't trigger seismic sensors outside the cell. It isn't the show that is becoming dumber the more we dig.

7+ Year Old Account
    So why is it bad writing if corruption could have existed?.
    Bad writing is not making that a real thing, or not making that a motive, not having answers when many should be a possibility is a sign of bad writing from the person doing it.

It does not fucking matter if its logical or not. Its only true when its in the show/movie/book

- - - Updated - - -

You said you watched the show two times and you didn't notice how Wong magically teleported inside the cell? That wouldn't trigger seismic sensors outside the cell. It isn't the show that is becoming dumber the more we dig.
    Did you watch shang-chi? he teleport outside the cell too

But no, i bet you didn't, you are just here to complain when you know shit about it
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2023-01-18 at 10:41 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Now you want to know what i meant in my commentary more than me. you are just too full of yourself buddy.
    What you mean and what you actually posted can be two different things. "This genre: bad" isn't sarcasm when a person is accusing you of not understanding the genre. It says nothing about the state of she-hulk writing when you were talking about standard super-hero things being bad. Something that is independent of the writing of one show.