Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Right, the same way someone says something about a woman and is suddenly a misogynist/has internalized misogyny.

And they didn't even say dudes. They specifically wrote men and males. There's a reason for that. Stop defending this kind of behaviour.
    Individual people were called out...not an entire gender.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

And they didn't even say dudes. They specifically wrote men and males.
    They also added adjectives as qualifiers. By definition that can't mean ALL men.

What you're complaining about isn't really going on there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Solid Episode, rly liked Abomination and the acknowledgment of the old movie, i know they already did, but it feels good still. Also less awful hulk, more points.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    I will say that "the anti man speech" so many were ruffled over does not come off so man-hatey to me? It was a little on the nose I guess?
    This is why folks can't have a conversation. Someone says they don't like a thing, and your response is, "well, that's because you are the problem".

I mean, you could could call me dirty and tell folks that I never shower. I get upset that you would frame me like that, especially if I think folks will just go along with you and believe it. Then your response is, "wow you are a little ruffled, I guess it was a little on the nose". You set your opposition up in an unwinable situation. If I don't protest, your claim stands, which you call proof. If I do protest, you say it's because I know it's true, which you also call proof. It's a lose/lose situation. So every conversation ends right there where it began.

"You sir, are a dirty, no-shower person"
    - "No I'm not, I shower every day"
    "My thinks thou doth protest too much!"
    - "I'm protesting because what you said isn't true"
    "That's exactly what a dirty, no-shower person would say"

The next problem is you can get called from pretty terrible stuff if you dislike a movie that you aren't allowed to dislike.
    Some movie comes out staring a dude and I say, "that show was pretty bad. Had really bad writing", and no one cares. They either agree or disagree and go about their day.
    Another movie comes out staring a women and I say, "that show was pretty bad. Had really bad writing", and now the folks who disagree rebut that I only think that because I hate women.

I'm just saying, if someone complains about something, or just say they didn't like it, don't default to, "well I did like it, and I'm a good person, so that means you are a bad person". Both you and the person you disagree with can be good people and have opposing views on any number of topics. So regarding the thing they complain about, maybe there are legit reasons they didn't like it. Or maybe they just have an opinion that's different than yours, but can still be a good person.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    This is why folks can't have a conversation. Someone says they don't like a thing, and your response is, "well, that's because you are the problem".

I mean, you could could call me dirty and tell folks that I never shower. I get upset that you would frame me like that, especially if I think folks will just go along with you and believe it. Then your response is, "wow you are a little ruffled, I guess it was a little on the nose". You set your opposition up in an unwinable situation. If I don't protest, your claim stands, which you call proof. If I do protest, you say it's because I know it's true, which you also call proof. It's a lose/lose situation. So every conversation ends right there where it began.

"You sir, are a dirty, no-shower person"
    - "No I'm not, I shower every day"
    "My thinks thou doth protest too much!"
    - "I'm protesting because what you said isn't true"
    "That's exactly what a dirty, no-shower person would say"

The next problem is you can get called from pretty terrible stuff if you dislike a movie that you aren't allowed to dislike.
    Some movie comes out staring a dude and I say, "that show was pretty bad. Had really bad writing", and no one cares. They either agree or disagree and go about their day.
    Another movie comes out staring a women and I say, "that show was pretty bad. Had really bad writing", and now the folks who disagree rebut that I only think that because I hate women.

I'm just saying, if someone complains about something, or just say they didn't like it, don't default to, "well I did like it, and I'm a good person, so that means you are a bad person". Both you and the person you disagree with can be good people and have opposing views on any number of topics. So regarding the thing they complain about, maybe there are legit reasons they didn't like it. Or maybe they just have an opinion that's different than yours, but can still be a good person.
    Watch out, certain posters here will tell you that this never happened, to stop lying, and that you're actually trying to hide that you're a misogynist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    You say that, and it's right to be mad about something like that...

BUUUUUUT

That's basically never what actually happens. No one ACTUALLY goes "man this show has some bad writing" and people immediately counter with "oh-ho so you HATE WOMEN is that it?!".

Here's what happens instead most of the time:

"man this show has some bad writing. everything they do is just bitch and moan about how bad women have it as if men didn't have any problems typical 2022 SJW stuff I guess"
    "wait that's your complaint? that sounds a bit biased and misogynist, ngl"

And people then take THE FIRST PART of that complaint and make it out as if that's what the objection was to, rather than the second part. And that's how we get to "you can't even complain about the writing anymore, you're instantly a misogynist".

One quibble. You can not fire civil service people like that once their probation period is over and hers clearly was.

5+ Year Old Account
    Seems that Mortal Kombat 5 feet tall girl from 1st episode were indeed - the Titania.

Why the fuck Jen suddenly acts as Deadpool 2.0; i mean she talks with herself alot but damn these meeting eyes with camera-man so cringe af.
    Its srsly strange to see 50y old woman that plays 30y old woman, same way like in teenagers tv-shows 30y old still going to high school.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Seems that Mortal Kombat 5 feet tall girl from 1st episode were indeed - the Titania.
    5 feet tall? Jameela Jamil (Titania) is just shy of 6 feet tall. 1.79 meters

Why the fuck Jen suddenly acts as Deadpool 2.0; i mean she talks with herself alot but damn these meeting eyes with camera-man so cringe af.
    She-Hulk was breaking the 4th wall before Deadpool even existed.

Its srsly strange to see 50y old woman that plays 30y old woman, same way like in teenagers tv-shows 30y old still going to high school.
    Batting Zero for Three... Tatiana Maslany is 36.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-08-26 at 07:42 AM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    5 feet tall? Jameela Jamil (Titania) is just shy of 6 feet tall. 1.79 meters

She-Hulk was breaking the 4th wall before Deadpool even existed.

Batting Zero for Three... Tatiana Maslany is 36.
    Yeah but she looks like fifty man /s

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Men and women have shared and also separate health issues. Testicular cancer is a male issue. Ovarian cancer is a female issue.

Women having to raise kids alone is a male issue? Seriously?

Maybe we could have an honest discussion about male rights in regards to abortion but we can’t because too many men want to make abortion illegal. In any event, men assume no physical risk in the event of pregnancy so you can take your MRA whining and shove it.
    There is no real point in discussing this since you are being dishonest and derailing the thread at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I agree, no reason to be dishonest here.

So why are you being dishonest? You basically now confirm she did not literally say "because of men."
    So what you are saying is that the cat calling, the being afraid and angry is not because of men then?? Is that hte hill you are dying on atm?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    it's absolutely a joke and I mean its followed by a saw wall like its James bond.
    Its a joke about men - but its not a joke in the sense that she doesnt mean it. Which is the important part.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't the right way to go about it. Especially since there's women who dislike this as well. Hating on a specific gender doesn't make you cool.
    Is this the same sort of dialog you hear from women about this show?

"I have to agree with the show. Catcalling and trying to help someone at their job are by far the worst problems in the MCU world. The rest of it is all roses and sunshine so yeah... F the Hulk and his pansy little fufu problems. Hulk is now officially a beta male.

I'll give episode 2 a shot, but if the self-righteous finger-wagging doesn't take a backseat to the story then I'll toss the show into the garbage bin... right next to The Sandman"

Do you hear women calling the Hulk a beta male? Do you hear women saying catcalling isn't a reason to get angry? Do you hear women diminishing mansplaining to someone simply trying to help with their job? Are women saying that the issues Jennifer speaks to are simply "self-righteous finger-wagging".

If so, i'd honestly be surprised if it was no more than a small handful. Meanwhile since I watched a few videos on youtube about the show, now there are a bunch of videos in my recommendations from MRA talking heads bashing the show because it is a story told from the perspective of a woman.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly the way some men talk about this show, its as if the story is about She-Hulk doling out vigilantly justice on men who dare look in her direction.
    Last edited by Kathandira; 2022-08-26 at 12:31 PM.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Some of you are making me question if you'd have ever interacted with a woman. I mean, they make up half the worlds population, not exactly exotic creatures. Tatiana Maslany looks 50 years old? How does someone not know what humans look like?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Its a joke about men - but its not a joke in the sense that she doesnt mean it. Which is the important part.
    Yes saying woman are always in a state of anger and fear is a joke about men you cracked the code.

Pull the other one it has bells on.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Yes saying woman are always in a state of anger and fear is a joke about men you cracked the code.

Pull the other one it has bells on.
    If you have absolutely nothing to add then why do you even post?
    You dont HAVE to respond you know?

I also like how people in this chat literally think that if you arent super progressive when it comes to stuff like this you are a virgin. Like :P
    Last edited by ClassicPeon; 2022-08-26 at 01:39 PM.

I also like how people in this chat literally think that if you arent super progressive when it comes to stuff like this you are a virgin. Like :P
    There's been dozens of cringy posts by snivelling whiners already. We really didn't need your input. You don't need to post or respond.

I don't know what your sex life is like. I don't think your a virgin because of your regressive views. I do think you're a malignant sociopath who bursts into tears at the drop of a hat.

7+ Year Old Account

You went from saying “ Its most certainly not a joke” to “it’s a joke about men” even though men aren’t even mentioned, what more is there to add other then pointing out that your making a fool of your self because your upset and defensive that a woman would even make a joke at this point.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

You went from saying “ Its most certainly not a joke” to “it’s a joke about men” even though men aren’t even mentioned, what more is there to add other then pointing out that your making a fool of your self because your upset and defensive that a woman would even make a joke at this point.
    The point if it being or joke or not was if it was something she meant or not. Humour is subjective and all - its hard to define a joke. I wouldnt call it one. But the point was if she meant it.

You can twist my words and insult me all you want. It only makes it more obvious to me that you dont have any argumentative ammunition.
    Last edited by ClassicPeon; 2022-08-26 at 02:23 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    The point if it being or joke or not was if it was something she meant or not. Humour is subjective and all - its hard to define a joke. I wouldnt call it one. But the point was if she meant it.

You can twist my words and insult me all you want. It only makes it more obvious to me that you dont have any argumentative ammunition.
    Lol I’m not twisting any of your words all of this is in your own post as well as you flat out lying about the scene and adding “because of men” because you feel attacked by a woman making a joke that has nothing to do with men.

I'm just going to quote this again for you. Literally right here she says that women deal with anger and fear issues because of men - that men do not.
    Its most certainly not a joke and you know it - and yes those where my points. Except for some people they apparently arent even mens issues oO