Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    unless you mean In the white suit which would be a super weird way to measure it Moonkight has more then double the screen time of the next highest characters in the show.

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudi...ime_breakdown/
    Steven Grant doesn't count cuz he's a beta cuck soyboy that needs wymyn to rescue him /s
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-08-27 at 01:09 AM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's ridiculous and untrue. Literally nothing I said there was against site rules. I keep making an effort to bring the discussion back on-topic to She-Hulk, even, to try and make sure those side discussions remain at least tangentially on-topic.

Have you reported those posts? Use the report function. It may take several days for a mod to get to it, but they do process them all, and a mod may not think it's worth hitting, but that's up to the mod team, not users.
    It is true and I've seen people infracted for it. I've been infracted for it. Some people here have a target on their backs, and some do not. I've done exactly what you did - accuse people of making things up or trolling (and truthfully - not just stirring the pot) - and been infracted (one time it was on a Chicken Drummer thread, and there ain't no way you can defend those). So what he's saying is in fact true. Just because it hasn't happened to you does not mean it hasn't happened.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Oh those "layers" that happened off screen and given no explanation? So much deeper yeah.

I mean Loki and Hulk had a far more interesting relationship than whatever the hell you call the current banner/hulk.

You actually can do a lot with "Rage monster" that can destroy the planet, especially when hes actually a good guy, But intentions are not always what wins over in life.
    smart zen hulk first shows up in Endgame, last I check. why is it that we are only complaining about his current state now? he got those layers before she-hulk. he's using those layers to help her through being she-hulk.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2022-08-27 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Here's what happens instead most of the time:

"man this show has some bad writing. everything they do is just bitch and moan about how bad women have it as if men didn't have any problems typical 2022 SJW stuff I guess"
    "wait that's your complaint? that sounds a bit biased and misogynist, ngl"

And people then take THE FIRST PART of that complaint and make it out as if that's what the objection was to, rather than the second part. And that's how we get to "you can't even complain about the writing anymore, you're instantly a misogynist".
    I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but it doesn't have to happen for people to say you hate women if you didn't like their woman-lead movie. Lots of folks said they didn't like Captain Marvel for any number or writing/acting/story reasons without meaning any "SJW" problems, and they were all painted with a broad brush of hating women. It's a pretty common reaction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Yeah I'm not talking about those people? I am talking about the people who have outright called it, and I quote, "man-hatey". To which I respond, that I do not think its man-hatey at all, and thats that. I'm also talking about my own personal interactions where people have said this to me in discussion, not in a forum, not someones youtube review and certainly not someone simply saying they didn't like the show lol.
    Well, She-Hulk was at least a little "man-hatey". All the men other than Bruce in the show painted with a bad light, and her rant was specifically aimed at explaining to Bruce how bad women have it because of how they are treated by men. The only debate on that point would be is she correct, and are men as bad as she's claiming they are.

I mean, did you see that first episode and not see how she ranted that men are bad and women have it pretty bad in life because of men?

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Well, She-Hulk was at least a little "man-hatey". All the men other than Bruce in the show painted with a bad light, and her rant was specifically aimed at explaining to Bruce how bad women have it because of how they are treated by men. The only debate on that point would be is she correct, and are men as bad as she's claiming they are.

I mean, did you see that first episode and not see how she ranted that men are bad and women have it pretty bad in life because of men?
    no I didn't see that... is this sarcasm? are we doing sarcasm?

10+ Year Old Account

I guess some kind of youtuber made this up because that didn't happen in the first episode.
    Last edited by MCMLXXXII; 2022-08-27 at 02:49 PM.

I've learned through life that people will hear what they want and/ore expect to hear. you can present all the evidence you want and they will STILL interpret it within their own personal bias to say what they want or expect it to say. and you cannot convince them otherwise. so /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    I guess some kind of youtuber made this up because that didn't happen in the first episode.
    I mean, she literally had a rant at Bruce about women have to keep their anger in check all the time because of what men do to them. What am I missing here that you guys saw?

----------
    The underlying insult is also fun, you basically saying I'm too dumb to have watched the show and make my own opinion about it. Surely I only think that because I watched a youtube video where someone told me what to think. So yeah, another conversation ender. But I don't think you guys are interested in conversation, so I guess it's not unexpected that you would just attack those who you disagree with. Saves time.
    Last edited by Ragedaug; 2022-08-27 at 03:30 PM.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but it doesn't have to happen for people to say you hate women if you didn't like their woman-lead movie. Lots of folks said they didn't like Captain Marvel for any number or writing/acting/story reasons without meaning any "SJW" problems, and they were all painted with a broad brush of hating women. It's a pretty common reaction.
    So object to when that happens. I haven't really seen this happen on here. Someone presenting a proper case against bad writing and people just brushing it off as misogyny? Practically doesn't happen here. It's always veiled bigotry.

Does that mean it doesn't happen ANYWHERE? Of course not. Idiots exist on each side of the debate, and biased arguing is by no means the sole province of the bigoted. But idle generalizations don't help anyone. If you have an ACTUAL CASE, bring it up - don't just go "this is what usually happens!" and throw that out there like it has merit on its own.

I mean, she literally had a rant at Bruce about women have to keep their anger in check all the time because of what men do to them. What am I missing here that you guys saw?
    You are completely right, but saying things like that here will only lead to you being insulted.

The open feminist sexism in the series (that has only been underlined in the second episode) is clearly present. The author obviously just took this project up because she wanted to push this agenda. She has no interest in a coherent story, the comic book character or anything to do with Marvel.

She wanted to write a series that strokes the egos of middle class working women (like herself and her friends) by telling them how perfect and amazing they are and pitying them for all the brutal hardships they go through (like catcalling and mansplaining, a fate sooooo much worse then being beaten halve to death by an alien demigod).
    Unfortunately, no one, that is not a middle class working woman with a need for ego stroking, would ever watch something like that, so she adapted her idea to make it a She-Hulk series. Marvel, no doubt seeing how amazing this would play out on Twitter, ate it up.

You can bet that none of the people that are calling you names now have any interest in the series on a writing level or even pay attention to the plot. They just enjoy seeing men put in their rightful place. Either as weak, submissive slaves to the empowered woman, or as evil bastards that want to take away the things the empowered woman has been working for soooo hard.

It is quite literally a turn around of the old times, when the same was done to women. Putting them into those roles, making them nothing but tokens or decorations for the male cast. Something we ended because we learned that - surprise - people do not like being treated like shit.

Unfortunately people like the author of this series have not learned this lesson. For them it is completely okay to treat people like shit, as long as those people are straight males.

I personally wonder what the end goal of this whole agenda is, because at the moment the only thing she has been managing exceptionally well is generating hatred for herself and her work. She is literally creating misogynism with this, drumming up hatred between the sexes just because she wants her petty revenge.

As Tony said: "Not a great plan."

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Marvel, no doubt seeing how amazing this would play out on Twitter, ate it up.
    Man some of you are wild if you think this is really has studio's are picking what shows they make or who they hire to make them.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    "social commentary on difficulties women face in society"

Ragedaug - this show hates men!
    /s

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Really enjoyed episode 2 aswell, having much more fun with it than I thought

Man some of you are wild if you think this is really has studio's are picking what shows they make or who they hire to make them.
    I think you are not being realistic if you underestimate the insane power of a Twitter shitstorm.

Careers are ended on that plattform, many times by completely unproven claims that are just repeated as fact. Just think of Johnny Depp. Heck a certain guy tried and almost succeeded in stealing an election by spreading lies on that site until even Twitter got worried of the real consequences.

Hollywood and most people in public positions live in fear of a bad tweet and that influences their decision making a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    smart zen hulk first shows up in Endgame, last I check. why is it that we are only complaining about his current state now? he got those layers before she-hulk. he's using those layers to help her through being she-hulk.
    End game had like 100 characters, there was barely any time to flesh things out and the russo brothers have admitted they had no idea what to do with Hulk because he's too strong so they just made him comic relief. He could of at least had some cool moments in the final battle but no. Now he does have some time with a TV show and he's a latte drinking yoga instructor like wtf.

He's one of the strongest avengers, use him in a way where its not just punching down on legacy characters to build up new characters that rip off thier power set and just change the name and personality. It's as lazy as thier formula of making 50 jokes about who's best at making plans and laughing at other heroes/villians names

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    thought I would kick this off since as I couldn't find a dedicated topic for it

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law IMDB

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law trailer

solid intro episode IMO. make sure you watch past credits

once again it's sad that another tv series featuring a female superhero was review bombed on IMDB before it even came out. Like I get if people don't like it or it's not their thing but goddam you're going above and beyond to leave a negative review about something you haven't watched yet and probably won't watch because you don't like it.
    I get the last part but also keep in mind that there were a ton of 10s there on IMDB before the show even aired. The whole "woke" vs "non-woke" drama is incredibly childish, boring and it's honestly annoying that only the negative part is the one that is looked at and not the "positive" ones. Both sides of the coin are making the whole thing childish because, and this may be an odd thing prior to 2020, but there were strong women and female superheroes long before She Hulk and no one went all super negative or super positive over it back then. It's just become this point of contention between "Them and Us" and it is being showcased so much in entertainment news that it is, imo, overpowering the actual shows the fights are taking place over.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothyjean View Post
    I get the last part but also keep in mind that there were a ton of 10s there on IMDB before the show even aired.
    The 10’s are publicists and the crew’s friends and family.
    The 1’s are trolls.

The 3rd highest bar is an 8. So the show is an 8. If IMDB was serious about their user ratings they would greatly attenuate all of the extreme ratings.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    I think you are not being realistic if you underestimate the insane power of a Twitter shitstorm.

Careers are ended on that plattform, many times by completely unproven claims that are just repeated as fact. Just think of Johnny Depp. Heck a certain guy tried and almost succeeded in stealing an election by spreading lies on that site until even Twitter got worried of the real consequences.

Hollywood and most people in public positions live in fear of a bad tweet and that influences their decision making a lot.
    Some one getting canceled on twitter and executives giving multi million dollar projects to people based on twitter fights are not at all the same thing, and the latter just doesn't happen.

The people heading/handing out these projects don't give a toss about people fighting about there show on twitter they want viewer numbers to make back there investments.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Some one getting canceled on twitter and executives giving multi million dollar projects to people based on twitter fights are not at all the same thing, and the latter just doesn't happen.

The people heading/handing out these projects don't give a toss about people fighting about there show on twitter they want viewer numbers to make back there investments.
    I agree with you but they certainly like being in the middle of a culture war where you'll have to see the movie/show to pick a side!

7+ Year Old Account
    Im more interest about the show implications than the outside things, guys, they straight up confirmed wolverine in the MCU with the last episode, that is huge

Abomination also alking about his 7 paterns, could be the women dressed thee, but i believe is something related to dark avengers or thunderbolts

Which leads me to be sad that the actor who played him died, he could be a cool red hulk