Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    I don't get why anyone would accept cheap quality, there used to be higher standards but now it's mostly lard.
    You also get more volume. Do you want LESS shows? That's not a jab - it's a legitimate trade-off situation. We could get better CGI etc. or we can get more shows. That's a pretty simple economic reality for most products.

The CGI in She-Hulk is far from perfect, no question. But is it egregiously bad? I wouldn't say so. And I'd rather get extra shows each year than get fewer ones but with blockbuster-quality CGI. You may disagree, and that's totally valid. It's a choice we as consumers have to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Guys guys guys unless we have peer reviewed documentation in a broad spectrum of high regard journals of Jen Walters' healing powers, we just can't accept that she healed through hulkiness and we have to think the show is terribad.
    I'll expect an outline for the dissertation by the end of the week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    The CGI in She-Hulk is far from perfect, no question. But is it egregiously bad? I wouldn't say so.
    That should be the standard people are applying; is the CGI bad enough to be distracting, if you're already engaged with the show? And the latter bit's important; if you're hate-watching the show for some godddamned reason, you're in full on "look at that bitch over there eating saltines" levels of saltiness and literally anything the show does will piss you off because your goal is to find/invent reasons to be pissed off.

I don't think She-Hulk's CGI is distractingly bad. Maybe in less than a handful of scenes, but that's it. It's better when she's not physically interacting with real people, which is always the hardest bits to sell.

As long as it's serving the narrative, I don't need the highest fidelity possible. I don't value a project by the expense invested into special effects.

I don't think the CGI is distracting/ horrible, though it's certainly noticeable. I'm not sure why they use it so much if it's going to be mediocre, or if it's that mediocre because they used so much of it and ran out of time/ budget? Meh. One of the focuses of the show is how she has to be in SheHulk form for work and stuff, so I'd think they'd go back and forth more. They also don't really show her transforming much, I assume that's more resource intensive than just big green. The wedding transformation looked cool though at least.

Some people are more sensitive to those kind of things, of course.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    CGI wise its not great, as many have pointed out already. But i agree with above me, it's rarely distracting. There are some times, rather few, but they exist, when I think her face in particular looks on par with Shreks facial animation, and its usually when she's got a bewildered/puzzled look on her face where you can see her teeth and the camera is lingering on the expression for a second or two.

That said though, this doesn't really take me out of the show, and I think its because the show is a comedy. I think if the shows tone was much more serious then the CGI would be much more jarring in those scenes; but since the shows already silly, silly looking CGI just sort of adds to it. (if that makes any sense)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

She-Hulk looks good enough to me. Its not the best but its about the same as the end fight in Black Panther.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    If anyone honestly think that She hulk is a serious show or that it isn't 100% for comedy when things are weird.

Here is the latest advert for it. (Yes, I know LeapFrog is a real hero in Marvel. But, they are clearly having fun with this.)

Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-10-05 at 07:25 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    If anyone honestly think that She hulk is a serious show or that it isn't 100% for comedy when things are weird.

Here is the latest advert for it. (Yes, I know LeapFrog is a real hero in Marvel. But, they are clearly having fun with this.)

Alright Kermit got me rofl, that was great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

an interesting video that is tangentially related to She-Hulk (it gets brought up as one of the examples) as it pertains to some of the conversations in this thread.. on both sides.

warning its SaraZ video so its long. not as long as her typical vids but not short either. still worth watching IMO. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUziUNg8LTw

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post

Froggyboi better show up in the show now!!!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I'll expect an outline for the dissertation by the end of the week.
    we should also set a date for the peer review while we're at it. February 29th work for you?

Bit of a weird ending on this one, but the rest was great. The long-awaited DD crossover, and it worked out well, I found. I was a bit afraid that it might get either too serious or too cheesy, but for the most part they found a good rhythm.

Little pet peeve, the "you can't do the math" thing seemed a little off-putting, but maybe that's just me.

As for the ending... Guess we'll have to see where the next episode goes, but this whole setup did not really do it for me.

As for the ending... Guess we'll have to see where the next episode goes, but this whole setup did not really do it for me.
    /shrug

It was strange that they played it the way they did tonally. Like...how do you expect someone to respond when you play their sex tape that they didn't even know existed in front of an audience of dozens of people.

I assume they're going to explain everyone being afraid of her, because they don't know if she'd somehow snapped on gone full rage-monster-mode like Banner's Hulk was before he learned how to at least point it in the right direction. It still just doesn't really fit with how they've established everyone's interaction with the character up till now.

/shrug

It was strange that they played it the way they did tonally. Like...how do you expect someone to respond when you play their sex tape that they didn't even know existed in front of an audience of dozens of people.

I assume they're going to explain everyone being afraid of her, because they don't know if she'd somehow snapped on gone full rage-monster-mode like Banner's Hulk was before he learned how to at least point it in the right direction. It still just doesn't really fit with how they've established everyone's interaction with the character up till now.
    Yeah, it was definitely weird and out of place. Maybe we'll see something that makes it make sense but it felt totally jarring to me.

Yeah, it was definitely weird and out of place. Maybe we'll see something that makes it make sense but it felt totally jarring to me.
    What would have seemingly made more sense was to actually show her out of control at the end. To be an actual threat to those around her, rather than simply justifiably pissed at what had just happened.

What would have seemingly made more sense was to actually show her out of control at the end. To be an actual threat to those around her, rather than simply justifiably pissed at what had just happened.
    Yeah, something JUSTIFIED. This... this is just SO contrived.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok, they won me over again with Matt, "Sorry im late", i excuse you buddy, can't help to smile with him. And i rly liked his new suit

Yet again another episode whwere the important bit is the end, Disney quality. But it shows what Bruce said in the first episode, you can control your own rage, this is hulk rage, this is different.

I do Wonder what the last episode will be, since we didn't had any Leader stuff yet, at least i don't remember.

We also got reference to Red hulk and Wolverine second in this show

Loved the latest episode, that was just great. Holy Crap Matt Murdock was so good all around and the two of them really had a great chemistry together.

Don't see a problem with the last few minutes. I mean, a Hulk just hulked out, of course everybody goes panic-mode. No matter how understadable her rage may be, you don't want to get caught in the crossfire. The DoD didn't start firing, so they were already giving her the benefit of the doubt, she might not be completely out of control.

The fact they were there fast enough tells me, that security was ready 'just in case' and Jen's going to find out that while her colleagues may trust her with She-Hulk, the authorities might not.

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    The fact they were there fast enough tells me, that security was ready 'just in case' and Jen's going to find out that while her colleagues may trust her with She-Hulk, the authorities might not.
    Or Intelligentcia made a call to Damage Control beforehand. Its almost like she's being swatted.

5+ Year Old Account
    Goodbye Daredevil of real staged fights, NICE to see you CGI superhuman DareDevil - made horny by Disney.

Now he looks little more above "cap" level. (best thing in this show is still Wong+Abomination duo... this should be their show.. he-he)
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.