Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Or Intelligentcia made a call to Damage Control beforehand. Its almost like she's being swatted.
    Yea, that's true, that might be it too. I don't know what would be worse. Knowing that what Bruce said was true and she will always be seen as the monster by the public or being swatted. I mean in the long run. I don't think there's many things worse than being swatted in the moment it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Goodbye Daredevil of real staged fights, NICE to see you CGI superhuman DareDevil - made horny by Disney.
    Disney didn't make Daredevil horny... Matt Murdoch fucks. He fucks in the comics. He fucks in the Netflix series.

Now he looks little more above "cap" level.
    Daredevil has always been more agile than Cap. Cap is stronger though.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I actually thought the action with shulkie was great this episode. We got to see quite a range of moves from her, even if I question the wisdom of destroying the garage and throwing the car. She's a lawyer, she should be aware of the cost of collateral damage!

I thought the ending worked as well, even though it's a lot sadder. I sadly find it plausible that she will be blamed for this, and not the hulk_king creep. Although I'd love to see Mallory represent her by claiming that she was well within in her rights to destroy the screens when they didn't turn them off as they were violating her privacy, and also that damage control clearly interrupted her citizen's arrest of the masked creep and let him get away!

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Daredevil has always been more agile than Cap. Cap is stronger though.
    Cap is peak human. That includes agility.

10+ Year Old Account
    These are Earth-616, because the MCU doesn't quantify these things, so grain of salt and all that;

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Matth...th-616)#Powers

Daredevil has "superhuman reflexes" and "superhuman agility". Not peak human. He has peak human strength and speed, by comparison.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Steve...th-616)#Powers

Only peak human reflexes and agility.

Matt Murdock's legitimately superhuman in multiple categories. Steve caps out (heh) at peak human basically everywhere.

Steve's a little tougher and heals a bit faster, and he's a better combat tactics (unsurprising given his military background versus Matt's being a lawyer lone wolf vigilante. But not agility; Daredevil's significantly more agile than Captain America.
    Last edited by Endus; 2022-10-06 at 05:23 PM.

Cap is peak human. That includes agility.
    "Peak human" is a vague definition at best. No two Peak Humans are identical.

Daredevil is also peak human. Cap also has about 50 pounds of muscle on Daredevil. Makes him stronger, sure...but that's also a lot more mass to move about. Also, one of the perks of Matt's Powers is that they give him perfect equilibrium...which effectively gives him even greater agility.

This is not to say Matt is better than Steve or Steve is better than Matt. There are areas in which Steve has advantages over Matt and areas where Matt has advantages over Steve. Both of them are extremely agile... and would put regular human acrobatics and gymnasts to absolute shame. Matt just edges Steve out there. They are also both stronger than any weightlifter with their build has the right to be...but Steve's just a bit stronger.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-10-06 at 05:52 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    "Peak human" is a vague definition at best. No two Peak Humans are identical.

Daredevil is also peak human. Cap also has about 50 pounds of muscle on Daredevil. Makes him stronger, sure...but that's also a lot more mass to move about. Also, one of the perks of Matt's Powers is that they give him perfect equilibrium...which effectively gives him even greater agility.

This is not to say Matt is better than Steve or Steve is better than Matt. There are areas in which Steve has advantages over Matt and areas where Matt has advantages over Steve. Both of them are extremely agile... and would put regular human acrobatics and gymnasts to absolute shame. Matt just edges Steve out there. They are also both stronger than any weightlifter with their build has the right to be...but Steve's just a bit stronger.
    There’s nothing vague about it. Your either Steve Rogers or your not. Daredevil looks like he’s more agile than he is because he doesn’t require eyesight to pull off some of his moves. Spider-man’s like that as well except that he’s actually superhuman on top of that. DD is still limited by how far he can push his normal human body. Cap is stronger, faster, has more endurance. He just doesn’t have eyes in the back of his head.

10+ Year Old Account
    There’s nothing vague about it. Your either Steve Rogers or your not. Daredevil looks like he’s more agile than he is because he doesn’t require eyesight to pull off some of his moves. Spider-man’s like that as well except that he’s actually superhuman on top of that. DD is still limited by how far he can push his normal human body. Cap is stronger, faster, has more endurance. He just doesn’t have eyes in the back of his head.
    In what world? Like I linked above, in Earth-616, Steve is peak human, and Matt Murdock is explicitly superhuman in multiple aspects, particularly agility and reflexes. Steve can dodge a bullet fired from across the room. Matt can dodge the bullet from a gun held to his temple. If you want to make a claim regarding MCU differences, I'm gonna need specific examples, and I don't believe any such exist.
    Last edited by Endus; 2022-10-06 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    In what world? Like I linked above, in Earth-616, Steve is peak human, and Matt Murdock is explicitly superhuman in multiple aspects, particularly agility and reflexes. Steve can dodge a bullet fired from across the room. Matt can dodge the bullet from a gun held to his temple. If you want to make a claim regarding MCU differences, I'm gonna need specific examples, and I don't believe any such exist.
    It's difficult to compare Matt and Steve in the MCU...since the canonicity of the Netflix series is still up in the air. I will say She-Hulk put a much greater emphasis on Daredevil's agility than the Netflix series did. Netflix's Daredevil emphasized Matt's ability to take a beating and keep fighting.

I loved Daredevil in this episode, Charlie Cox is just the perfect Matt Murdock!

WTF was up with those lawyer awards? Just all female lawyers get one? I'm surprised Mallory even went up there.

Also fuck that guy Josh.

Steve Rogers is not the only "Peak Human" in the Marvel universe. And yeah, Steve Rogers is the only Steve Rogers. T'challa is also the only T'Challa. Shang Chi is the only Shang Chi. Matt Murdoch is the only Matt Murdoch. All are "Peak Human"...but they are not all the same.

Anyway, this debate about who is more agile between Steve and Matt is kind of off-topic here in the She-Hulk thread.

Quote Originally Posted by paxen View Post
    I actually thought the action with shulkie was great this episode. We got to see quite a range of moves from her, even if I question the wisdom of destroying the garage and throwing the car. She's a lawyer, she should be aware of the cost of collateral damage!
    Yeah, it would have worked better if the damage had tied into the guys showing up so quick at the end, but no mention. She also would have straight up killed him if the car had landed on him, but I liked the action scene's so I'll forgive it.

I thought the ending worked as well, even though it's a lot sadder. I sadly find it plausible that she will be blamed for this, and not the hulk_king creep. Although I'd love to see Mallory represent her by claiming that she was well within in her rights to destroy the screens when they didn't turn them off as they were violating her privacy, and also that damage control clearly interrupted her citizen's arrest of the masked creep and let him get away!
    Overall good show, except the ending had some stuff I didn't care for. She unmasked DD right off, but stands there with other guy for a minute while lasers track. One sonic clap for TV's would have been fun too, but okay. I also expected wakandan bar creep to like mention her blood was being auctioned or something to tie it in, but I guess he's just that guy. Maybe it ties into the hulk_king stuff, dunno. The blood/ hulk_king stuff never really interested me.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Overall good show, except the ending had some stuff I didn't care for. She unmasked DD right off, but stands there with other guy for a minute while lasers track. One sonic clap for TV's would have been fun too, but okay. I also expected wakandan bar creep to like mention her blood was being auctioned or something to tie it in, but I guess he's just that guy. Maybe it ties into the hulk_king stuff, dunno. The blood/ hulk_king stuff never really interested me.
    The situations are different. When she was fighting DD...she was clear-headed and tactical. At the end, she was raging.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-10-06 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    WTF was up with those lawyer awards? Just all female lawyers get one? I'm surprised Mallory even went up there.
    It was a dog and pony show.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Seemed to me like a clear riff on award shows designed purely for virtue signaling. Hence the whole joke with doing everything real lawyers do but in heels (paraphrasing).

It sounds and looks cringe, but it is, sadly, not too far from reality in a lot of areas.

liked some things in this episode, other things not so much... the hallway fight scene was... meh IMO. tooo many cuts, Charlie can do so much better, but I guess they didn't have the budget to go for the netflix style single shot deal.

why did Jen not verify if dude followed use instructions....

edited to add, something that made me happy - Matt saying "we" work in hells kitchen. I'm hoping that means they are at least bringing Foggy back with original casting.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2022-10-07 at 05:56 AM.

So, episode 8.
    Oh boy it was awfully bad.

First of all, Leapfrog and his... tadpoles.. I sincerely hope they thought it was funny.
    The court case over the supposedly malfunctioning superhero suit was dumb as it can.
    I won't even touch the subject of leapfrog being a spoiled white male kid with rich parents, or that tinder guy being a sleazy white male scumbag, that's a given. Let's just leave it as my perception issues.

Jen being totally ok with throwing quite expensive cars at a single man who didn't even do(or could do) her any harm. Jen being ok with destroying the entire parking lot floor for the same purpose. The ease with which she caught him like a bad puppy and took his mask off.
    That is not to say that the supposed chemistry between Matt and Jen at the bar, I'm not buying it.

And then, the once famous seggs between the two. I've no problem with them rocking each other off, after all, it's not *the* Matt from the original(and great) series, so he must have no relationships or ties with Karen or Electra.
    The issue here is, it happens way too fast, like, a little peptalk at the bar, a little chit-chat on the roof, and voila, he gets the pass to the puss.
    The bigger issue is the supposedly comedic "walk of shame" by Matt, in broad daylight, barefooted, in plain sight in his costume. What the actual fuck?

Oh, did I mention that that Stylist guy is repulsive? He *is* repulsive.

The female lawyer award? Like, what? Aren't we trying to FIGHT the sexism in 2k22, now? I demand there be no male OR female award, just *the lawyer* award.
    Oh, and speaking of Jen raging out.
    First of all, her *rage* looks bad and over a trifling matter to begin with, and second of all, they way they are trying to frame her as a slut doesn't fly. She has sex, so what? She did Tinder dates, so what? Bullshit.

The heinousest crime of all, though, is the missed opportunity when Mustard Ketchdock explains his "airquotes" "exolocation", and doesn't say "It's morbin' time".
    Last edited by Fortress of Arrogance; 2022-10-07 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortress of Arrogance View Post
    The bigger issue is the supposedly comedic "walk of shame" by Matt, in broad daylight, barefooted, in plain sight in his costume. What the actual fuck?
    The rest of your drivel aside, I did get a chuckle out of this one. Since you couldn't have picked a worse episode to suddenly forget that this is a setting where costumed superheroes have become a common sight...to the point where you can legitimately argue in court about how your business of providing them clothing and gadgets would be negatively impacted by bad word-of-mouth.

And I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if her casual destruction of property was part of whatever case they make against her in the fallout from the end of the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    The rest of your drivel aside, I did get a chuckle out of this one. Since you couldn't have picked a worse episode to suddenly forget that this is a setting where costumed superheroes have become a common sight...to the point where you can legitimately argue in court about how your business of providing them clothing and gadgets would be negatively impacted by bad word-of-mouth.
    Oh, I did forget that part, indeed.
    Still, the so-called "walk of shame" was so very funny I had a really-really long and continuous fit of guffawing at the mere sight of Matt doing the walk.
    I cannot overstress how funny it was. Like, I had a really good laugh. A sincere, cheerful one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortress of Arrogance View Post
    Oh, I did forget that part, indeed.
    Good. At least we cleared that up.