Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    You need to chill dude. You can disagree with people without resorting to personal attacks.
    I don't "disagree".

Firstly, this question is not a matter of opinion. It's intellectual property rights which are black and white.

Secondly, I just made an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    I don't "disagree".

Firstly, this question is not a matter of opinion. It's intellectual property rights which are black and white.

Secondly, I just made an observation.
    You can make your "observations" without using personal attacks.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    You need to chill dude. You can disagree with people without resorting to personal attacks.
    Oh, the irony....

- - - Updated - - -

You can make your "observations" without using personal attacks.
    yet again....
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Oh, the irony....

- - - Updated - - -

yet again....
    Please, point out where I personally attacked you.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Netflix shows are not canon, as in they are not part of the MCU.
    At best, those can be considered a multiversal branch but not part of the canon MCU in any shape or form.
    https://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04...matic-universe

"I think it's possible," Cox enthused. "I think there's a way that the world's can merge. I think our show feels tonally and thematically a bit different from The Avengers movies, but it's all one universe and I feel like there's a way for Daredevil - and other characters, Luke Cage and street level crime characters - to fit into that universe. I think there has to be a way, and I think it's about finding an autonomous tone for that film - for Civil War."

"I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    There are NO inhumans in the MCU canonically.
    Uh, we just forgetting Black Bolt just showed up in Dr Strange?
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Uh, we just forgetting Black Bolt just showed up in Dr Strange?
    I never watched it, but wasn't the actual Inhumans show (where Anson Mount first played that role) part of the MCU?

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I never watched it, but wasn't the actual Inhumans show (where Anson Mount first played that role) part of the MCU?
    The exact level of cannonicity of any of the TV series Pre-Disney+ is kind of in limbo right now. Most of them were said, at the time, to exist in the MCU...but Kevin Feige had no involvement with or authority over those shows. There's evidence that they are and evidence that they aren't... but nothing really conclusive either way. Feige seems to be cherry-picking the things he liked and disregarding the things he didn't.

The strongest evidence that Inhumans are not canon to the MCU is that, outside of Multiverse of Madness, Inhumans have never shown up or even been mentioned in any of the movies... they've strictly been confined to AoS and the Inhumans miniseries. And even in that movie...it was an alternate earth... which only confirms Inhumans on the Multiversal level of Canon...Like Tobey and Andrew's Spider-Men.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-10-19 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I think everyone, fans and studio both, is just trying their best at this point to pretend that show never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I think everyone, fans and studio both, is just trying their best at this point to pretend that show never happened.
    except for Anson Mount...who was the best part of that otherwise abysmal series.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    That's the reaction it gets for being shallow. Completely expected in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

I ask this in total seriousness, and with humility.

What was She-Hulk about?

Each Marvel TV series so far has had a point to the story, and if She-Hulk isn't a show to talk about women and equality, then I must have missed something.
    It feels like it's about whatever the writers or the people defending the show needs it to be depending on the point they are arguing for.

Thank fuck this charade has ended.
    Having watched the whole circus with my fiancee, we were mostly silent at the end over the stupidity that unfolded before our eyes.
    The last episode is somehow worse than all the previous ones.
    I'd go as far as to say that the final absence of fight is reminiscent of the final absence of fight in the end of The Moon Douche, which is as lazy as it gets, no matter the amount of winking and the supposedly interactive 4th wall breaking.
    I don't believe I've suffered such an aneurysm even when we've watched the Shitcher s2.
    Last edited by Fortress of Arrogance; 2022-10-19 at 08:02 AM.

As honest trailers pointed out. Being meta and speaking to a "god" about said tv's subject matter in this case "dating in LA as a lawyer/cute lady that just cant find a man because shes such a loser!" is the new marvel skybeam trope and pretty much 90% of all their shows have ended with an inane discussion about life n stuff.

Its like the boring parts of the matrix all over again

There's evidence that they are and evidence that they aren't... but nothing really conclusive either way.
    I see.

Either way, seems incredibly stupid to get worked up over crap like that. Especially now that there's not really much in the way of these movies/shows including whatever characters they want (with a few notable exceptions, obviously).

10+ Year Old Account
    Know what I would love to be canon. legion.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Know what I would love to be canon. legion.
    I still haven't gotten around to watching the last season for whatever reason. But that show was very good.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    As honest trailers pointed out. Being meta and speaking to a "god" about said tv's subject matter in this case "dating in LA as a lawyer/cute lady that just cant find a man because shes such a loser!" is the new marvel skybeam trope and pretty much 90% of all their shows have ended with an inane discussion about life n stuff.

Its like the boring parts of the matrix all over again
    Just to be clear, though - HT is satire, and they take every shot they can. Have you LOOKED at what sitcoms deal with, and how? NONE of it makes sense in ANY of them. They're all impossibly hot people because they're Hollywood actors. They feature unemployed goofballs that somehow afford gigantic New York city apartments by waiting tables. Pick your disbelief, because there's boatloads to go around.

And, this has to be said, too: there are PLENTY of attractive professional women who are struggling to find partners, and that's a real thing no matter how much the average male viewer struggles to distinguish "love life" from "sex life".

I can't speak to how tropey the "life n stuff" has become, as I've not really watched most of the other MCU shows save Loki (not to the end anyway, I usually quit them by ep 2 or 3). But I'd wager that none of them got META about it like She-Hulk did, and that's important. Because her show isn't just about "life n stuff" or a deep discussion about reality - it's actually about very mundane, very quotidian, very REAL problems. They may be framed in the narrative of a superhero legal comedy, but She-Hulk is not in any way about the true meaning of Christmas or why are we all here or what even does it mean to be real or whatever bong-hit equivalent of existential angst the others may (or may not, I haven't seen them) be trying to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Just to be clear, though - HT is satire, and they take every shot they can. Have you LOOKED at what sitcoms deal with, and how? NONE of it makes sense in ANY of them. They're all impossibly hot people because they're Hollywood actors. They feature unemployed goofballs that somehow afford gigantic New York city apartments by waiting tables. Pick your disbelief, because there's boatloads to go around.

And, this has to be said, too: there are PLENTY of attractive professional women who are struggling to find partners, and that's a real thing no matter how much the average male viewer struggles to distinguish "love life" from "sex life".

I can't speak to how tropey the "life n stuff" has become, as I've not really watched most of the other MCU shows save Loki (not to the end anyway, I usually quit them by ep 2 or 3). But I'd wager that none of them got META about it like She-Hulk did, and that's important. Because her show isn't just about "life n stuff" or a deep discussion about reality - it's actually about very mundane, very quotidian, very REAL problems. They may be framed in the narrative of a superhero legal comedy, but She-Hulk is not in any way about the true meaning of Christmas or why are we all here or what even does it mean to be real or whatever bong-hit equivalent of existential angst the others may (or may not, I haven't seen them) be trying to sell.
    Sitcoms being somewhat dumb and light does not mean sitcoms aren't supposed to be coherent or make sense.
    I mean, just compare HIMYM to HIMYF.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortress of Arrogance View Post
    Sitcoms being somewhat dumb and light does not mean sitcoms aren't supposed to be coherent or make sense.
    That's a very negotiable standard when it comes to meta humor. There's different rules when things get meta, by definition - what seems like a mistake or inconsistency in regular shows can be a very intentional and very important element in a meta show. You can't apply the same standard the same way.