7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Your feelings are wrong. Its very comic accurate. Yes that includes a chat with editorial (personified by KEVIN). Editor Renee Witterstaeter had more pages than almost every other character during the Sensational run.
    I don't think she talking with Kevin was bad at all, i liked the bit, what i didn't liked was the set up and previous episodes.
    Megan Thee Stallion is a very popular pop musician. Apparently. I don't really follow that kind of music but Tatiana Maslany does and wanted her in the show. In any event you have the entire internet to look up this shit. I would've preferred to see her rock out with Nightwish but I'm just some nerd on the internet. I know very well that a substantial amount of people care about Megan even if I think their tastes are misplaced.
    thing, is, when you do comedy, you attempt to get most people, especially when everyone around the world is watching, you do jokes for the world, Titania copyright is something everyone gets and it was funny.

It was one of the reasons deadpool work well to me. Like using hugh jackman photo as mask or using Wham! for the music, even you don't like it, you heard this shit before somewhere.

Why you no like Hawkeye? Why you gotta be weird?!?!?
    Meh, i still was able to turn off my brain an enjoy it, But the second watch was meh, thats why i rank lower

Still prefer Wandavision of all marvel shows. But what i got from is, just watch once, and don't go back.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2023-01-02 at 01:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'd still be the exact same person. You were claiming Jen wasn't, so you were clearly talking about multiple personalities.
    Seem Syegfryed is arguing she would have started acting differently. While one that is possible, and two did actually happen in the series, it doesn't mean she would become an entirely different person. There are tons of heroes with alter egos where they don't really change that much, many of whom go through changes. I mean Garfield's Spider-man and Peter Parker are pretty consistent between wearing the mask and not.

Doctor Strange, while he uses his real name, doesn't change personality at all once he gets magic, but has to gone through his character journey. Even then the changes are minor.

So, I don't get what Syeg's argument is here.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Seem Syegfryed is arguing she would have started acting differently. .
    She should be more reserved in her Jen form, and more free and confident/spontaneous in her Hulk form. Not hard to get the point.

Just like Garfield acted one way as Peter Parker more shy, but when he was being spiderman he was more goofy, doing jokes etc. You don't need multiple personalities to portray the same character different when something different happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    thing, is, when you do comedy, you attempt to get most people, especially when everyone around the world is watching, you do jokes for the world, Titania copyright is something everyone gets
    Comedy is subjective and Megan isn't the first famous pop musician to appear in a sitcom. I'm baffled that you're having a hard time with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    She should be more reserved in her Jen form, and more free and confident/spontaneous in her Hulk form. Not hard to get the point.

Just like Garfield acted one way as Peter Parker more shy, but when he was being spiderman he was more goofy, doing jokes etc. You don't need multiple personalities to portray the same character different when something different happen.
    lmao ... you think Garfield's Peter was "shy" ... what?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    lmao ... you think Garfield's Peter was "shy" ... what?
    Garfield peter parker was borderline autistic, you cn lso change to Tobey Peter too.

- - - Updated - - -

Comedy is subjective and Megan isn't the first famous pop musician to appear in a sitcom. I'm baffled that you're having a hard time with this.
    It is subjective, you still attempt to grab more people possible. I just said you should get someone more famous around the world, i, and everyone i knew genuinely though she was not real, made for the show lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Which she did. The two identities just progressed toward basically being the same by the end, which is exactly the point (and what happens in that run of comics).
    She is the same things in both form. In fact some parts she look more reserved in her hulk form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garfield peter parker was borderline autistic, you cn lso change to Tobey Peter too.
    One, don't throw that term around like that.
    Two, you are ignoring that one of the biggest complaints about the Amazing Spider-man series is that Garfield's Peter and Spider-man personalities were too similar.

- - - Updated - - -

She is the same things in both form. In fact some parts she look more reserved in her hulk form.
    This disproves your original argument. You are arguing there was no difference, but now there was a difference? Which is it?
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    One, don't throw that term around like that.
    Two, you are ignoring that one of the biggest complaints about the Amazing Spider-man series is that Garfield's Peter and Spider-man personalities were too similar.
    what? did people actually watched the first one?

This disproves your original argument. You are arguing there was no difference, but now there was a difference? Which is it?
    It does not, because its few bits hen she is awkward about it

Something i rly wanted, that people who said the show is spot on/accurate with the comics, to name a few that are just like the show, so i can read myself.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2023-01-02 at 02:18 AM.

It is subjective, you still attempt to grab more people possible. I just said you should get someone more famous around the world, i, and everyone i knew genuinely though she was not real, made for the show lol
    Your lack of knowledge is your problem not the shows. Hell, the world's most popular newsperson had a fucking meltdown over her appearance in a recent pop song. Also she got shot in the foot a couple years ago. Proof that you can still twerk after grievous personal injury.

7+ Year Old Account
    Your lack of knowledge is your problem not the shows. Hell, the world's most popular newsperson had a fucking meltdown over her appearance in a recent pop song.
    My lack of knowledge about US garbage music is a problem i don' plan to solve.

Also she got shot in the foot a couple years ago. Proof that you can still twerk after grievous personal injury.
    ah.. you know what, never mind.

My lack of knowledge about US garbage music is a problem i don' plan to solve.

ah.. you know what, never mind.
    I never claimed her music was good. I still stand by my Nightwish appearance. Floor Jansen is pretty much She-Hulk IRL.

Point remains you made a garbage argument because you thought your lack of knowledge is the same as everyone else.
    Last edited by Ivanstone; 2023-01-02 at 02:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never claimed her music was good. I still stand by my Nightwish appearance. Floor Jansen is pretty much She-Hulk IRL.

Point remains you made a garbage argument because your lack of knowledge is the same as everyone else.
    We'd be well-served if people just accepted subjective dislike as their own personal issue to deal with, rather than making their personal dislike everyone else's problem, generally. Maybe a thing's just not for you, and you shouldn't keep trying to ruin it for those who enjoy it.

7+ Year Old Account

Point remains you made a garbage argument because you thought your lack of knowledge is the same as everyone else.

Saying they should have picked someone more know around the world is not a "garbage argument". You talk like she is Michael jackson or some shit lol.

and i still say lack of knowledge in pop music is something i should not need to get a gag in a marvel show.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2023-01-02 at 02:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saying they should have picked someone more know around the world is not a "garbage argument". You talk like she is Michael jackson or some shit lol.

and i still say lack of knowledge in pop music is something i should not need to get a gag in a marvel show.
    Literally all you needed to "get" to understand the gag is that she's a pop star. She doesn't even have to be a real pop star. It's funny enough if she's only a pop star in the MCU universe and it's just an actress. The extra little bump that you don't get because you didn't recognize her, well, that's on you. You didn't get the reference. That isn't a fault in the writing.

15+ Year Old Account
    She is known around the world. She has made top 100 charts in several countries. Just because you don't know her, don't like that genre of music or whatever doesn't mean she isn't popular. You don't also need to understand who she is to "get the gag". It was just people dancing. What is there to get? Is having fun that foreign of a concept to you? Could they have gone with other musicians? Sure. Any number of famous females could have been impersonated by the shape shifter. Or even males for that matter.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Megan Thee Stallion released her first album in 2020 and already has 3 Grammys. She's not just a pop star, she's one of the best female rappers in the game. Her first album in 2020 went platinum (which is already one more than Nightwish), and her second, which was released a few months ago, will probably be certified platinum within months.

Just because you don't like rap doesn't mean she isn't a good musician. I don't like country music, but I'm sure there's some artistry somewhere in that genre. Much more importantly, having a musical cameo, in 2022, would make far more sense to have Megan Thee Stallion than a Finnish metal band. Megan literally made "Hot Girl Summer" a thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh god, he is here too, its always the same pattern of people.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Just because you don't like rap doesn't mean she isn't a good musician. I don't like country music, but I'm sure there's some artistry somewhere in that genre. Much more importantly, having a musical cameo, in 2022, would make far more sense to have Megan Thee Stallion than a Finnish metal band. Megan literally made "Hot Girl Summer" a thing.
    I think you are confusing people about nightwish, i never said they should put a finnish metal band in the show, just someone more well know around the world. US is not the world, shockingly. In fact i would i find funnier when i though she was someone made up for the show.

Are we seriously discussing "you know, I just want someone MORE famous than 3 Grammys and two platinum albums" as if that was a legitimate complaint? This is nitpicking of the HIGHEST order.

This was someone who's known in contemporaneous popular culture and has a personal connection to the show lead. That's it. If you're not getting it, that's a you problem. Plain and simple.

And if you don't know them... Google and Wikipedia are a thing. Expecting shows to cater to your personal frame of reference is the height of entitlement.

I think you are confusing people about nightwish, i never said they should put a finnish metal band in the show, just someone more well know around the world. US is not the world, shockingly.
    No, the US is not the world...but most American made Television shows are made for, you guessed it, an American audience. Everyone else in the world understands that.

And Megan Thee Stallion is not some under-the-radar figure. She's a world famous performer. You might not have heard of her...but not everyone lives in whatever cave you crawl out of to make these posts.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.