The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I dont understand why marvel wants to even go the route of dividing their fanbase like this. Its obivous that when you have the main character say things like she is angry because she is a women and she has dealt with catcalling - as if thats the worst thing in the world. Its a well known fact that its more dangerous for a man to go out alone at night then it is for a women. Stuff like this just alienates certain parts of fanbases for no apparent reason.

I dont think there is anything wrong with the cgi - but i dont get the she is instantly stronger then the hulk in every single way - it sort of shits on everything he has been through doesnt it?
    The certain parts of fanbases that are aliened from stuff like this will have a issue with marvel doing any thing that reflects what real woman in the real world go through so marvel should just ignore them as there is no way to make them happy and make actual story's about woman without them just being written as men.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    Chuckles. Ok.... you obviously don't mean on these forums. You are as guaranteed to show up to call people names as Teriz is if someone says "tinkers?"
    I think that says more about the nature of the arguments on these type of threads.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paxen View Post
    Hulk is still vastly stronger than She-hulk. Yeah, she throws a rock further than him, but after that he throws one into orbit. She never shows anything close to that level.
    Ya the whole pont of those scenes is that the hulk is holding back while trying to teach control while Jen see it as a joke and is going all out. alot of people apparently completely missed the while rock into orbit thing or the hulk's clap knocking Jen over whole hers only hurts the hulks ear.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    Chuckles. Ok.... you obviously don't mean on these forums. You are as guaranteed to show up to call people names as Teriz is if someone says "tinkers?"
    Like I said earlier, you folks love to tone-police this shit, rather than trying to make a case that I am in any way characterizing people's arguments inaccurately. Your issue isn't that I'm labelling people, your issue is that I'm right and you can't actually contest it. So you resort to tone-policing.

I'm also not calling anyone names. I point to the character of their arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Into what? Can you point to any objective mistake in what I've pointed out?

If you've got a problem with my reasoning, feel free to bring it up. If you've got a problem with my tone or my conclusions, then I really don't care and you don't have a point in the first place.

Maybe I'm not actually the problem. Tone-policing isn't helpful.
    Again you are the one who attempts to tone police people you absolutely are one of the significant issues on this forum. It's impossible to have rational discussion with you because you just instantly scream racism, or sexism as soon as you are disagreed with.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Do I have any evidence of something that isn't happening? You don't understand how evidence works, do you?

The opinions I'm brushing off are "meaningless" because they're rooted in nothing but dishonesty and prejudice. They have to lie about the show to push an anti-feminist agenda.
    As i just said - we have statistical evidence pointing towards the fanbase being very divided so i'm not sure what you are on about. Now you might dismiss this and disagree with it but saying it doesnt exist is just dishonest.
    Brushing off someones opinions is fine as long as you dont engage with them. But engaging in debate with someone and refusing to actually discuss with them because you have the percieved moral high ground is not only rude its nonsensical.

Case in point.

She never says she's "angry literally all the time". You have to make it up to create something to fake being upset about. She's talking about how when women get angry, they're societally expected to control it. This isn't that complicated, and it's frickin' ridiculous to lie about this shit.
    "I'm great at controlling my anger - i do it all the time. I do it every day because if i dont i will get called emotional or difficult or i might just literally get murdered - i'm an expert at controlling my anger because i do it INFINITELY more then you"

She quite literally does.

The non-statement you invented, that isn't actually in the show?

I'm not interested in the abuse of statistical data you're trying to use. It's intentionally dishonest and you're trying to deflect away from the show, and this is a thread about the show, and it didn't make any such comparative statement for you to even be trying to debunk in the first place.
    You are not interested in statistical data because it doesnt go along with your narrative - and even though its literally the only data point we have you brush it off because reasons...

I'm deflecting and i am dishonest but you have nothing to really base it on besides me having a different view on the matter then you. And yet you talk about empathy?

The training montage, where Bruce handily outperforms her when he decides to make an actual effort, so you clearly didn't watch the episode, of you're making shit up again. He flicked a rock a short distance, she hurls one further, he fires a third into orbit, proving exactly this.

She can turn back and forth because she's mentally healthy. There's no inner dissociative personality conflict. 99.9% of people, if they could survive being made into a Hulk, would be in the same boat as Jen. It has absolutely fuck-all to do with "being a woman" and I have no idea where you're pulling that garbage from, because it sure isn't the show.

Yeah, she's not mentally unwell, like her cousin is. And? That's not a statement on gender. That's a statement on how unhealthy Bruce was and the effort he's needed to invest just to reach a relative state of "normal". Again, this is all explicitly stated in the show, not just implied, and you've got to lie about it to push your agenda.
    Its literally her explanation for being able to turn back and forth at will? Thats what the whole segment about men catcalling her was for??
    And yes - imperfect people make for better stories. Tell me one interesting thing about her as a person?

What is my agenda exactly?

I don't sit down and hope I can find someone being prejudiced. But when I sit down, look at your arguments, and you're lying about basic elements of the show and what it actually showed or characters said, and start pushing a culture war argument on top of that, it's not a hard leap to point out the underlying prejudices behind the arguments.

I had plenty of arguments with people on subjects where prejudices never entered the discussion, because I wasn't confronted with any. It does stick in my craw when it's present, though, so yeah, I'm not just gonna leave it unremarked. Sue me for not respecting that kind of bullshit.
    Yes you do. That much is obvious. And this is an actual case of confirmation bias. I'm pointing out relatively obvious needless things in She hulk but you instantly see misogyny and prejudice. When i tell you i would have the same problem if the show was reversed in gender roles you wouldnt believe me - and thats where the confirmation bias and actual prejudice takes place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    The certain parts of fanbases that are aliened from stuff like this will have a issue with marvel doing any thing that reflects what real woman in the real world go through so marvel should just ignore them as there is no way to make them happy and make actual story's about woman without them just being written as men.
    I'm really honestly interested in where you are getting this information from? What are you basing this on?

5+ Year Old Account
    Ep.2 what a big yawn, i did like her asshole boss n blonsky sadly out of the picture, so we have all these flat characters n instead I'm mostly interested in where hulk is flying off to...

The she hulk dont make sense, why she hotter as a hulk than human?

While bruce looks no different when he is green, just bigger.

She hulk looks a totally different person, more like comic she hulk, while her human form looks different..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-08-25 at 07:41 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Episode 1 was prologue and Episode 2 was set up for the story.

Not much. Honestly, I feel that they could have merged these episodes as the first one or at least air them together on the same day. It wasn't bad, but just feels like delaying the set up.

Also, there is a reference two both Eternals and Wolverine in the show, but you'll likely miss it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Ep.2 what a big yawn, i did like her asshole boss n blonsky sadly out of the picture, so we have all these flat characters n instead I'm mostly interested in where hulk is flying off to...
    Likely Sakaar given the ship he left in or possibly with someone from Sakaar.

The ship is the same type as the Grandmaster party ship they stole in Ragnarok.

She hulk looks a totally different person, more like comic she hulk, while her human form looks different..
    Depends on the source material. In some cases, there are differences between Bruce and Hulk too. And in a lot of source materials, Jen stays She Hulk because of the additional confidence she gets.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-08-25 at 10:51 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account
    It looks like age difference, human form looks 10 15 years older, like one is mom n other her daughter...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I'm really honestly interested in where you are getting this information from? What are you basing this on?
    Are we really gonna pretend that the same people wouldn’t be alienated by any other woman’s issue When This is the most basic shit woman go through on a daily basis and people are pitching a fit about a woman mentioning it?

I mean we already have people in this very thread pretending like three dudes following her alone saying generic rapey shit is totally fine even after she rejects there multiple advances and tries to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post

Didn't you have some unhinged rant about She-Hulk not being hot enough in the comics? Isn't this what you want? And lastly there's a particular reason why this occurs. Let's see if you can figure it out.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Episode 1 was prologue and Episode 2 was set up for the story.

Not much. Honestly, I feel that they could have merged these episodes as the first one or at least air them together on the same day. It wasn't bad, but just feels like delaying the set up.

Also, there is a reference two both Eternals and Wolverine in the show, but you'll likely miss it.

- - - Updated - - -

Likely Sakaar given the ship he left in or possibly with someone from Sakaar.

The ship is the same type as the Grandmaster party ship they stole in Ragnarok.

Depends on the source material. In some cases, there are differences between Bruce and Hulk too. And in a lot of source materials, Jen stays She Hulk because of the additional confidence she gets.
    Eternals and Wolverine references? did I miss them?

Good episode but shorter than expected, went by really fast. Is this gonna be 6 episodes as well?

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Good episode but shorter than expected, went by really fast. Is this gonna be 6 episodes as well?
    There will be 9. Looks like its going to be sitcom structured like Wandavision was.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Nine, from what I recall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    There will be 9. Looks like its going to be sitcom structured like Wandavision was.
    Ok that's good, getting sick of them not giving shows enough episodes considering the usual run time of an episode.

Originally ep 1 was ep 8, but they moved the origin story. It may have given them a little bit of trouble with the pacing, so that we get two "pilot" episodes in a row - one for her she-hulk origin, and one for setting up her career change and new job.

I liked ep 2 well enough, will be interesting to see if ep 3 has a more relaxed pacing. Or if they're going to pour it on, possibly with Jen subpoenaing Wong

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Eternals and Wolverine references? did I miss them?
    It is on her computer.

There are two headlines. One talking about a big statue in the ocean and another about a man with metal claws in a bar fight.

It isn't easy to make out, but people have online. I didn't see it my first watch through.

Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-08-25 at 02:58 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    It is on her computer.

There are two headlines. One talking about a big statue in the ocean and another about a man with metal claws in a bar fight.

It isn't easy to make out, but people have online. I didn't see it my first watch through.

hahaha oh that is definitely a blink and you'll miss it moment. nice catch.

Loved episode 2, had a lot of fun watching it. Her dad is such a nice dude.

My one gripe would be the episode was too short, would love to see more of the other people and her interaction with them too. I really hope they make this more into an on-going series, showing the everyday trouble of superhumans in the MCU (in a not too serious way, as a contrast to the darker stuff the X-men are usually dealing with).

I also would like to see her in the movies of course, getting to the more world-threatening adventures too.