Page 25 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    The episodes are sloly getting darker, this episode was rough sometimes.

Btw i could not help it and spoil myself reading about it, and oh man shit seems to go wild if thy follow the source.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I'm not that thrilled for Rhaenyra and Daemon, the latter should have been more enthusiastic given his earlier behaviour.
    To be fair it was his wife's funeral.

Daemon seems to have chilled out a bit in the 10 year skip.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Looked like day-for-night which almost never looks good. My guess is that they filmed a lot of those scenes in daylight and then in post decided that they should take place in the evening.
    It was shot day for night. Those scenes were lackluster, yeah. Though even the interiors were poorly photographed.

Didn't care for the arrangement during the confrontation in the driftwood throne room. I thought the blocking was bad too during the funeral and when the kids were fighting in the gangway.

This was really sloppy work behind the camera.

Edit: And Laenor's fight with Qarl also was poorly shot.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2022-10-03 at 02:21 PM.

Couple questions remain.

Laenor is a dragon rider. If Seasmoke follows him to Essos he won't be so nameless, will he? But I guess Seasmoke will just kinda forget about Laenor and hang around Driftmark.

And the biggy: was Rhaenyra actually in on the plan to fake Laenor's death? Daemon killed the man to be presented as the burned corpse so he must have known. Rhaenyra might have just wanted him dead...

Couple questions remain.

Laenor is a dragon rider. If Seasmoke follows him to Essos he won't be so nameless, will he? But I guess Seasmoke will just kinda forget about Laenor and hang around Driftmark.

And the biggy: was Rhaenyra actually in on the plan to fake Laenor's death? Daemon killed the man to be presented as the burned corpse so he must have known. Rhaenyra might have just wanted him dead...
    Pretty sure she was in on it. She acknowledged that he had to "die" for them to be together, but she also didn't speak ill of him. The opposite actually.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Couple questions remain.

Seasmoke will be ridden by someone else once the civil war breaks out and people will get desparate.

I understood it as both Rhaenyra and Daemon orchestrated the plan to get rid of Laenor without actually killing him. She clearly has a huge respect for Laenor based on their last conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The cinematography kinda sucked this episode.

Some really strange lighting choices. I don't know who blocked this episode, but that sucked too.
    When Daemon and Rhaenyra were walking on the shore and talking about her marriage, for just a moment I thought she was walking with Laenor. Just because it was friggin hard to tell who was who at first.

Also, I wasn't totally clear on the actual plot regarding Laenor at first. I didn't think that was presented terribly well, I thought they were honestly going to kill him at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    When Daemon and Rhaenyra were walking on the shore and talking about her marriage, for just a moment I thought she was walking with Laenor. Just because it was friggin hard to tell who was who at first.

Also, I wasn't totally clear on the actual plot regarding Laenor at first. I didn't think that was presented terribly well, I thought they were honestly going to kill him at first.
    I think that was the point for the twist ending. It got presented as they wanted if you thought that. Then if you like that sort of thing is up to you of course... i'm a bit torn myself tbh. But it was quite short and the scenes played out well so it didn't bug me that much.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Seasmoke will be ridden by someone else once the civil war breaks out and people will get desparate.
    Show is a bit different than Book in some regards, I hope they'll have an explanation why Seasmoke stays behind when its rider is alive. The episode showing The Sowing will be an absolute hoot lol, fan favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Working as intended

I wondered why Daemon would kill a random servant and once they turned over the burned corpse I knew Laenor was alive. Tbh I would have liked it even better without the last rowing to freedom scene, but I think the show wanted to make it very clear.

5+ Year Old Account
    Who died instead of Leanor?

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post

Christ what a worthless king...

My bro said he is dissapointed as none of these families act dignified, regal, but act like commonborn angry people. Lord Tywin is more regal than all of these people put together, there is no...culture n way to behave that put them above matters, they are like angry teenagers with dragons n swords. Doesn't feel like a tradition that's there, more n more they are like christon cole
    Welcome to Westeros? A cursory look at Targaryen history shows only a few of them (such as Aegon I, or Jaehaerys I) acted with any sort of dignity. Most of them were either fairly lousy like Viserys I, or way worse, including but not limited to a complete psychopath (Maegor I), a religious fanatic (Baelor the Blessed), a depraved asshole of the worst caliber (Aegon IV) or a literal madman (Aerys II). The setting runs on completely deconstructing monarchy as a method of government. You won't find very many nobles of proud bearing when most of them are scheming, self-important douchebags.

Also, Tywin may have carried himself like a royal for PR reasons but he was a petty piece of shit in private, especially in the books which regularly associate him with shit for a good reason.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

What was Larys doing there anyway? Not on the small council, not part of the family.
    Well, he is still the Lord of Harrenhal and a friend of the Queen.

- - - Updated - - -

Who died instead of Leanor?
    It's the body of the guy Daemon killed.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    The quicker die (or get exiled in Laenors case) the lower you are on the scumbag ladder. Otto almost retired near the bottom but couldn't stay away from the game. Coryls had me fooled me a bit, I thought he had finally gotten enough of the game but never try to see humility in this people, a bit of irony because his wife is pretty damn stable. In retrospect I was dumb to think otherwise.

Rhaenyra beening super horny for uncle after all these years is wild for me, so GoT. It's like that night on the town has never ended for her and to think it was the catalyst of of their current situation.

Vis going off was great. The lovable naive idiot you want to shake is why he is a great character and I think his reaction to all the accusation and revelations is were on par with the character. I do think the pacing of all that was fast AF but I enjoyed all of it. Kind of wanted to see Cristen get bodied by the Lord Commander but I get he has future roles to play.

Seen a lot of jokes on the internet that there was better acting and choreography in the kid fight scene (which was amazing, little Aemomd really did look like a little killer) than all of Ring of Power.

Little sociopathic Aegon stole the episode for me though. My guy just wanted to enjoy the party and not deal with all the bullshit. Homeboy seemed liked he had a good time. And to paraphrase him when Vis was getting him, immediately thinking why decided to include his drunk ass "Come on grandpop, we all see them kids. They are as white as my hair.". mic drop

Resident Cosplay Progressive

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    It's the body of the guy Daemon killed.
    U sure? Awful dark lighted episode..I didn't see Daemon kill anyone..

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah he broke a guy's neck in the scene just before.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

You can see it quickly here:

about 25 seconds in.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Yes. On that montage at the end of the episode, there's a scene with Daemon killing a random dude, which ends up being the body assumed to be Laenor.

I wouldn't blame you. That whole sequence happens so fast, combined with the dark lighting I am sure a lot of people missed it.

But imagine being that poor servant who just happened to be the right complexion / body size to pass as Laenor.

I can just see Daemon wandering through the castle like "Too tall", "Too short", "Too fat", "Too skinny", "Oh...you're perfect!"

The last episode was fine storywise, but the lighting choice ruined it for me. It was hard to watch and it looked bad.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."