Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Wow. Unless she is somehow in witness protection, this is the most "I'm objectively guilty" move I can think of.
    Don't know what she'd be afraid of. Zero chance any of these sacks of shit face any consequences for this.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Fuck DeShitstain.
    And there's also zero chance this wasn't deliberate. Aforementioned sacks of shit have been ringing the "VOTER FRAUD!!!" bell for years now, so they have to manufacture some evidence that it's actually happening... Well, you know, aside from when it's registered Republicans doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Don't know what she'd be afraid of.
    Mexican rapists. She could believe the hype, she's clearly part of the cult.

Well, you have me there.

Remember the three people who actually committed voter fraud, this is in person voting more than once were all avoided prison time. I'm not certain, but I bet the police didn't show up to arrest them. Think all three turned themselves in.

THE VILLAGES, Fla. – A third resident of The Villages has admitted to voting twice during the 2020 election, court records show.

Joan Halstead, 73, entered a pretrial intervention program Wednesday that will allow her to avoid potential prison time if she successfully completes court-ordered requirements such as performing community service and attending a civics class.

Halstead acknowledged her guilt as part of her agreement with prosecutors.

“The parties agree that the first step in rehabilitation is to the admission of her wrongdoing,” the written contract states.

“I have no comment about this. Thank you very much, though,” Halstead told News 6 when reached by phone Friday.

Two other residents of The Villages accused of voting twice, Charles Barnes and Jay Ketcik, signed similar pretrial intervention contracts earlier this year.

The of course is: They voted for Trump twice or more and well you can likely make a mental picture of what they look like.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Remember the three people who actually committed voter fraud, this is in person voting more than once were all avoided prison time. I'm not certain, but I bet the police didn't show up to arrest them. Think all three turned themselves in.

THE VILLAGES, Fla. – A third resident of The Villages has admitted to voting twice during the 2020 election, court records show.

Joan Halstead, 73, entered a pretrial intervention program Wednesday that will allow her to avoid potential prison time if she successfully completes court-ordered requirements such as performing community service and attending a civics class.

“The parties agree that the first step in rehabilitation is to the admission of her wrongdoing,” the written contract states.

“I have no comment about this. Thank you very much, though,” Halstead told News 6 when reached by phone Friday.

Two other residents of The Villages accused of voting twice, Charles Barnes and Jay Ketcik, signed similar pretrial intervention contracts earlier this year.

The of course is: They voted for Trump twice or more and well you can likely make a mental picture of what they look like.
    Is DeSantis gonna send confused cops to haul these people outta their mobility scooters and put them into handcuffs?

Or is that only for former felons who served their time, registered to vote, were given voter ID cards and told the could vote by the state of Florida, and then were arrested by the state of Florida for doing what the state of Florida said they could legally do?

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Fuck DeShitstain.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florid...antis-arrests/

They showed this as proof of voter fraud, after they were told they could fucking vote. What a fucking piece of fucking shit. Meanwhile, actual fraud from the villages was ignored, because they aren't felons and voted for Trump. Even the cops were dumbfounded with the bullshit warrants were issued.
    The worst thing is the intention behind all this.
    These charges will obviously never stick and DeSantis knows this.

His intention is to scare people into not voting in the coming election. The timing and public announcement is obvious deliberate...
    Fuck that pos

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    The worst thing is the intention behind all this.
    These charges will obviously never stick and DeSantis knows this.

His intention is to scare people into not voting in the coming election. The timing and public announcement is obvious deliberate...
    Fuck that pos
    You are correct. This is pissing me off.

This is a scare tactic now that anyone who may have an arrest record might think twice about voting cause they may be in violation of a law and might go to jail. This is blatant voter suppression.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Good ole Ron starting this again. Yet finally and hopefully a Democrat in Gavin Newsome is going to fight back.

Florida arranged for migrants in El Paso to be flown to California, AG says

Story in the link is basic M.O. as before. Pick immigrants up from not even your state in Texas and ship them to another state.

As California Attorney General Rob Bonta investigated the migrants' transportation, local officials and faith-based groups sought to provide housing, food and other resources to the more than three dozen new arrivals. Most are from Colombia and Venezuela, and California had not been their intended destination.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom, meanwhile, lashed out at DeSantis as a “small, pathetic man” and suggested the state could pursue kidnapping charges.
    As before I wondered why no gutless Dem ever did anything and before this the story had died down. I think California might try to ask for federal charges too.

Apparently DeShitstain wants to be just like Trump.

Bexar County in Texas, the sheriff there recommends charging Ron DeSantis with unlawful restraint, which is usually a misdemeanor unless it on someone under the age of 17, then it becomes a felony, to which there are at least 5 people he sent to Martha's Vineyard for it.

According to a statement provided to the Miami Herald, the Bexar County sheriff completed its criminal investigation into the on-the-ground operation that allegedly lured migrants onto the flights with false promises of jobs and opportunities on the other end.

“The case filed includes both felony and misdemeanor charges of Unlawful Restraint,” according to the statement. “At this time, the case is being reviewed by the DA’s office. Once an update is available, it will be provided to the public.”

Now it’s up to prosecutors in Bexar County, which includes San Antonio, to decide whether to follow the sheriff’s recommendation. The district attorney did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Last fall, Salazar issued special certifications to all of the migrants flown to Martha’s Vineyard declaring them to be official victims of a crime and paving the way for them to stay in the United States under a special visa for those helpful to law enforcement. Unlawful restraint is a misdemeanor unless the victim is younger than 17 — as was the case for five of the migrants.
    https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/te...213435363.html

The same people that sent the migrants to Martha's Vineyard last year, also did the same thing to the Sacramento victims.

Even Gavin Newsom is threatening to file kidnapping charges against Ron DeShitstain.

https://twitter.com/GavinNewsom/stat...C28YGmgJ4uAAAA

Florida Republicans Admit They Made a Big Mistake With Anti-Immigrant Law

Now, after sparking backlash among thousands of immigrants (who make up a great deal of Florida’s economy), some Florida Republicans are trying to backpedal and do damage control.

On Monday, Representatives Alina Garcia, Rick Roth, and Juan Fernandez Barquin hosted an event sponsored by Hialeah Mayor Esteban Bovo, also a Republican. The trio, all of whom voted to pass the anti-immigrant bill, clumsily attempted to appeal to the thousands of people their party has alienated.

This bill is 100 percent supposed to scare you,” said Roth. “I’m a farmer, and the farmers are mad as hell. We are losing employees. They’re already starting to move to Georgia and other states. It’s urgent that you talk to all your people and convince them that you have resources, state representatives, and other people that can explain the bill to you,” he added, essentially begging Florida’s labor force to not leave the state that cares little for them.

“This is more of a political bill than it is policy. It does give more police state powers going forward to deal with immigration, but still this is mainly a political bill,” Roth concluded incoherently. It’s just politics and messaging, but also it ramps up the police state, but also it’s just all politics. OK.

The pleading by Republicans who are reaping what they sowed comes after Latin American truck drivers began rallying behind calls to strike and not enter Florida, while thousands of workers and families have marched across the state protesting the bill and threatening to leave the state.

-------------

I'm flabberT-gasted on either side here.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Florida Republicans Admit They Made a Big Mistake With Anti-Immigrant Law[i]
    -SNIP-
    It amuses me that, in trying to find more than just LGBTQ+ folks to bully and kick down at, they are actively tanking their own fucking economy and are desperately begging the people they attacked to not leave. This is cartoonish. And of course, none of them are talking about undoing the bill, no, they're just trying to downplay it and claim it's not a big deal! Morons and cowards, every one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    It amuses me that, in trying to find more than just LGBTQ+ folks to bully and kick down at, they are actively tanking their own fucking economy and are desperately begging the people they attacked to not leave. This is cartoonish. And of course, none of them are talking about undoing the bill, no, they're just trying to downplay it and claim it's not a big deal! Morons and cowards, every one of them.
    As long as King of Florida Ron DeSantis is running for president they cannot reverse the bill all the while Florida is going down the drain. He needs to show he is strong against the colored folk.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Florida Republicans Admit They Made a Big Mistake With Anti-Immigrant Law

Now, after sparking backlash among thousands of immigrants (who make up a great deal of Florida’s economy), some Florida Republicans are trying to backpedal and do damage control.

On Monday, Representatives Alina Garcia, Rick Roth, and Juan Fernandez Barquin hosted an event sponsored by Hialeah Mayor Esteban Bovo, also a Republican. The trio, all of whom voted to pass the anti-immigrant bill, clumsily attempted to appeal to the thousands of people their party has alienated.

This bill is 100 percent supposed to scare you,” said Roth. “I’m a farmer, and the farmers are mad as hell. We are losing employees. They’re already starting to move to Georgia and other states. It’s urgent that you talk to all your people and convince them that you have resources, state representatives, and other people that can explain the bill to you,” he added, essentially begging Florida’s labor force to not leave the state that cares little for them.

“This is more of a political bill than it is policy. It does give more police state powers going forward to deal with immigration, but still this is mainly a political bill,” Roth concluded incoherently. It’s just politics and messaging, but also it ramps up the police state, but also it’s just all politics. OK.

The pleading by Republicans who are reaping what they sowed comes after Latin American truck drivers began rallying behind calls to strike and not enter Florida, while thousands of workers and families have marched across the state protesting the bill and threatening to leave the state.

-------------

Wait, is this the one where one lady admitted she didn't come prepared and then lied and said the bill has no teeth?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wait, is this the one where one lady admitted she didn't come prepared and then lied and said the bill has no teeth?
    Why, it does sound the same!

7+ Year Old Account
    In the continued saga of DeSantis flying immigrants from Texas to Martha's Vineyard...judge says they can sue the transportation company.

Mr. Halstead probably forgot that he had already voted. So, he voted again for the second and third times just to make sure that his vote get counted.

Meanwhile Florida legislature had just passed a ban on a product that is not on sale anywhere.

Bill that includes a ban on selling lab-grown meat passes the Florida House

The sale and cultivation of lab-grown meat in Florida is now a second-degree misdemeanor.

What the hell? Did I actually just type that.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    In the continued saga of DeSantis flying immigrants from Texas to Martha's Vineyard...judge says they can sue the transportation company.
    If they do, and especially if they win, I imagine there will be a chilling effect of transportation companies being concerned about taking on that kinda liability and being disinclined to continue working with Republican governors without some fairly explicit protections from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    If they do, and especially if they win, I imagine there will be a chilling effect of transportation companies being concerned about taking on that kinda liability and being disinclined to continue working with Republican governors without some fairly explicit protections from this.
    I wanted to link the interview with NYC Mayor, Eric Adams on Breakfast Club. I didn't get through whole interview but Adams claimed he couldn't sue the transpoters cause it was illegal.

I still claim that was a wussy excuse or reason I guess. Mainly since Abbott and DeSantis were not following the law. Once more seize these vehicles and let the courts sort em out.

So now courts stated can sue. Great! This should hamper the stunt since eventually the companies will suffer financially and stop helping these idiots.

I hope mayors use this with impunity.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to link the interview with NYC Mayor, Eric Adams on Breakfast Club. I didn't get through whole interview but Adams claimed he couldn't sue the transpoters cause it was illegal.

I still claim that was a wussy excuse or reason I guess. Mainly since Abbott and DeSantis were not following the law. Once more seize these vehicles and let the courts sort em out.

So now courts stated can sue. Great! This should hamper the stunt since eventually the companies will suffer financially and stop helping these idiots.

I hope mayors use this with impunity.
    Eric Adam's himself is full of shit.

For people who watched the interview who didn't know who the lady was who he could bother to look in the eyes by the end of it...she actually does know a thing or two about him.

Resident Cosplay Progressive