Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If we are going to go back on bring the player not the class, we should at least go closer to the Wrath philosophy of buffs being shared by multiple specs or classes and not being unique to a single spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Yeah they never do, hows that going for them? Game is more popular than ever, sub numbers are through the roof right? Oh wait its the opposite because they literally chased most of the subs away by focussing on people like Max and his community.

Great choice.

Fact he's even talking about cross-faction guilds and things is because they ruined the faction balance with this shit thinking too.
    Nice strawman my dude but for this specific question it was a bullseye.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If we are going to go back on bring the player not the class, we should at least go closer to the Wrath philosophy of buffs being shared by multiple specs or classes and not being unique to a single spec.
    Maybe they could go with a system where class combinations unlock party buffs instead of it being a specific buff per class. An example would be to brings 2 of the 3 plate dps classes and the group gets battle shout buff. That way it pushes diversity of classes without needing specific classes, and could be expanded to include utility features like summon stones or out of combat speed.
    Last edited by Voidling; 2022-08-26 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    If they remove Engi res it'll severely limit the M+ meta.
    OMG that would be horrible!

/s

tldr : team is happy with SL you engrateful bstards who are all playing 6.2 in FF14 now so nothing will change in DF

basicly if you are not playing now there is no point returning to wow from FF14.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Set HC ilvl on par with 15s (also in weekly cache). Remove normal and hc weekly lockouts. Set Mythic ilvl higher but scales down to m+/hc cap in m+ so people pushing or just doing m+ are not forced into mythic raids.

Done.
    or just remove weekly lockouts from raid

let people just have fun in game

if they want to speed gear up let them .

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    If they remove Engi res it'll severely limit the M+ meta.
    Oh yeah? Oh yeah? And why is it okay that MY utility can be substituted easily by a profession everyone can have and yet dh debuff, mage debuff/bloodlust (drums are GARBAGE!) etc can't? Especially considering that 3 classes (soon 4!) can already provide a battle rezz, while ONLY ONE class can provide dh debuff/mage buff etc.

If MY utility can be had by ANYONE who's engi I demand drums to be only marginally worse than Bloodlust (3% TOPS!) or identical and I further demand that scrolls return giving me the class buffs AND DEBUFFS(!!!!!!!!) at 90% effectiveness or 100%.

We can't have a game where some classes' utility is readily handed out to everybody, while some others get to sit on a golden throne and hoard their utility for themselves, sorry.
    Either delete the engineering battlerezz, or make all other currently unique buffs available to all!
    Last edited by enigma77; 2022-08-26 at 09:39 AM.

Bloodlust and combat rez are not the same as the various class buffs. You might disagree with that statement, but most people will agree, and that includes the devs.

If I'm making an M+ pug I don't care that I don't have a DH if I already have mage and a lock. I'll grab whoever seems to be the best dps from the group finder for the third spot.

However, if my group lacks combat rez (or bloodlust), I *will* grab a warlock (or mage) to cover it even if there's a higher rated DH in signing up.

(this applies even though I *am* an engineer with cres items. I hate the short range and cast time with a passion.)
    Last edited by paxen; 2022-08-26 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Oh yeah? Oh yeah? And why is it okay that MY utility can be substituted easily by a profession everyone can have and yet dh debuff, mage debuff/bloodlust (drums are GARBAGE!) etc can't? Especially considering that 3 classes (soon 4!) can already provide a battle rezz, while ONLY ONE class can provide dh debuff/mage buff etc.

If MY utility can be had by ANYONE who's engi I demand drums to be only marginally worse than Bloodlust (3% TOPS!) or identical and I further demand that scrolls return giving me the class buffs AND DEBUFFS(!!!!!!!!) at 90% effectiveness or 100%.

We can't have a game where some classes' utility is readily handed out to everybody, while some others get to sit on a golden throne and hoard their utility for themselves, sorry.
    Either delete the engineering battlerezz, or make all other currently unique buffs available to all!

I mean there's a DISTINCT difference between a battle res and the rest

The battle res is important and extremely helpful but it legit exists as an "oops" button. You don't intend to use a battle res in an encounter and Blizz never designs them with battle res in mind. Likewise the other bits of utility are meant to actually be used...either to increase damage done, decrease damage taken, or in a way make the encounter easier.

The other thing is....crappy battle resses (let's say a 10% health one) is rectified by healing....versus a crappier bloodlust is only rectified by being one of the things that has it

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    through workorders you can get up to 5 mythic quality items.
    Only if you raid Mythic, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    The battle res is important and extremely helpful but it legit exists as an "oops" button. You don't intend to use a battle res in an encounter and Blizz never designs them with battle res in mind. Likewise the other bits of utility are meant to actually be used...either to increase damage done, decrease damage taken, or in a way make the encounter easier.
    To be fair it is not uncommon to intend to use a battle res in an encounter to simplify some mechanic. It usually gets hotfixed a few weeks after but every few tiers that trick gets used.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    I mean there's a DISTINCT difference between a battle res and the rest

The other thing is....crappy battle resses (let's say a 10% health one) is rectified by healing....versus a crappier bloodlust is only rectified by being one of the things that has it
    Doesn't change the fact that some classes' utility is given away like candy, while others get to make use of theirs to be invited. It doesn't matter in the slightest how comparatively strong a battlerezz may or may not be, that does not help me when it's given away for free to everybody. If my utility is given away for free to others, I have no utility.

It's not fair. If my utility is given to other classes, I want theirs.

Also I don't think it's unreasonable to expect to bring one of the soon 4 classes that can provide a Battlerezz to a M+ group. That's 4 out of 13. Druid can be all roles, Death Knight can be both tank and melee dps, Paladin can be tank/healer/melee dps and Warlock can be ranged dps. Seems easy enough.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2022-08-26 at 10:43 AM.

"The team is looking to give a battle resurrection to another class in Dragonflight."

This is the moment warriors have been waiting for, BRING OUT THE BATTLE-SLAPS!
    SLAP THAT FAILING TANK BACK INTO SHAPE, WAKE UP THOSE SLACKING DEAD DPS AND RESURSLAP THOSE FAILING HEALERS!

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Have they talked at all about end game content outside of raiding and dungeons?
    No because there isn't something else. Dragonriding and Renown, but that's hardly the kind of endgame content players expect.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

just give evokers the brez and be done with making the indispensable Blizzard..

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

or just remove weekly lockouts from raid

let people just have fun in game

if they want to speed gear up let them .
    Not enough - if i can run 15s faster for easier and better gear all raiding up to hc (and some mythic) is automatically not worth.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

No one is going to play M+ if they have to learn new dungeons every season. For the love of god please don't do this. You think even a single person is going to try out tanking if they also have to learn the dungeons? This will completely kill the mode.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    just give evokers the brez and be done with making the indispensable Blizzard..
    Maybe they should have started to think about some specs like ahem feral or mistweaver ahem who could use bl / brez(monk) to help give a reason for them over other classes that they've lacked for years... But nope let's just give evokers everything lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    No one is going to play M+ if they have to learn new dungeons every season. For the love of god please don't do this. You think even a single person is going to try out tanking if they also have to learn the dungeons? This will completely kill the mode.
    It's literally been done every expansion since the first M+ came out and has not stopped M+ from gaining popularity. What caused it to gain a wider audience? It wasn't learning new mechanics or a new dungeon that helped or hurt that. It was making gear more accessible. The reward outweighed the disadvantages.

I get the sense you didn't think that one through.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakut View Post
    It's literally been done every expansion since the first M+ came out and has not stopped M+ from gaining popularity. What caused it to gain a wider audience? It wasn't learning new mechanics or a new dungeon that helped or hurt that. It was making gear more accessible. The reward outweighed the disadvantages.

I get the sense you didn't think that one through.
    They've been rotating in 4 new dungeons and rotating 4 out each season? Please list them out for me.

edit - It's actually worse than that. I forgot that Dragonflight season 2 will be a full reset with 8 new dungeons.
    Last edited by Pratt; 2022-08-26 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    They've been rotating in 4 new dungeons and rotating 4 out each season? Please list them out for me.

edit - It's actually worse than that. I forgot that Dragonflight season 2 will be a full reset with 8 new dungeons.
    The exact thing you used as a reason people wouldn't want to do new dungeons every season is one of the benefits of switching it up like this. People in later seasons are even less likely to tank because the WoW community has this tendency to "solve" dungeons and if you aren't pulling exactly what the "most optimal" route is players will flame you. When it's brand new dungeons every season this is less likely to happen meaning that tanking is more accessible.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2022-08-26 at 05:02 PM. Reason: accidentally a word