Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Honestly, I think the Havoc tree is terrible. I like that they brought back a Throw Glaive heavy playstyle, but everything in this tree is so uninspired and boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Most classes share this fate and I always wonder how anyone can praise the new talent trees when it's basically just removing what we once had for given and returning it to us in a fragmented way disguised as talents. It's terrible design.
    Tell that to the monk discord. See how far it gets you. Monk is looking amazing in DF and MW is looking S tier for mythic raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Tell that to the monk discord. See how far it gets you. Monk is looking amazing in DF and MW is looking S tier for mythic raids.
    I don't know if the last sentence is irony, sarcasm or people really having that opinion.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I tooled around a bit with the DH tree.... I mostly can't wait to see Vengence, but the Havoc tree didn't look that bad. The only things I noticed (and admittedly, this is coming from someone who DH is an alt they like to mess around with and normally prefer to tank 90% of the time)

1) The main tree feels like as Havoc you will need to invest into Sigils due to lacking other, better, places to put your points, and the fact that there is Sigil support in the Havoc spec tree. However, it doesn't feel like you can invest HEAVILY into sigils. It looks like its basically just Sigil of Flame and a few scattered points to support it. I think having more ability to work sigils into havoc wouldn't be bad, but it needs more options. Right now it feels forced but not properly supported. I think it would be cool if sigils could be used to buff up an aoe set for a DH that is heavily ST focused (like a cycle of hatred chaos strike spamming spec).

A good idea would be a talent (or better add onto a talent) that allowed 50% of chaos strike damage to strike targets affected by Sigil of Flames, then have Cycle of Hatred also reduce the cooldown on Sigil of Flames. That would be a fun addition that fits thematically and would really emphasize that playstyle.

2) Feel like you are forced at the start to pick up Blade Dance and supporting talents for it, but end up not using it very often. Since Blade Dance competes so heavily opportunity cost-wise with Chaos Strike, maybe have talents (like Cycle of Hatred, but I'm sure there are others) that favor one ability over the other affect both.

Example:

Chaos Theory - Blade Dance causes your Chaos Strike to have an 8% increased critical strike chance and strike all targets affected by Sigil of Flames for 50% of its damage for 6 sec.

Cycle of Hatred - Blade Dance and Chaos Strike also reduces the cooldown of Eye Beam and Sigil of Flames by 0.5 sec, and an additional 0.5 sec when Chaos Strike refunds Fury.

3) The AOE talents on the right side of the tree don't feel like they have any connection or flow to the rest of the kit. They are just "insert standalone ability". Sure Glaive Tempest of Elysian Decree are cool looking, do good AOE damage, etc..... but they are just damage buttons that don't have any connection to the rest of the kit. Maybe a few less AOE abiltiies on the right, but talents that allow them to feel like they have impact.

Exmaple:

Supporting talent off Fodder/Elysian ---- "I Survived the Shadowlands and All I Got was this Crappy Ability" - When Fodder to the Flame procs or you cast Elyssian Decree, Eye Beam's cooldown is immediately reset. Damage from Eye Beam reduces the cooldown by 0.4 seconds or has an increased chance to proc these abilities."

10+ Year Old Account
    So was able to get to a proper momo build from back in the day with bloodlet (soulrend) and pretty sure I'm swimming in enough fury to do nothing but cs,bd, and eb on cd... with keeping momo up and demonic having fun.... wonder if it will. Be good or shit

Looks good for PvP. Havoc tree seems a bit full of hard choices. More glaives is nice for Fodder and Flame ease of use. Snare and stun is nice and the sygils looks good for PvP too. More buttons to press maybe than this xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    I tooled around a bit with the DH tree....

1) The main tree feels like as Havoc you will need to invest into Sigils due to lacking other, better, places to put your points, and the fact that there is Sigil support in the Havoc spec tree. However, it doesn't feel like you can invest HEAVILY into sigils. It looks like its basically just Sigil of Flame and a few scattered points to support it.
    And they didnt even give the best dps sigil in my opinion the one that pulls everything to the group. Only DK have that ability it would not have been a bad idea to give that to DH as well. UGH just my wish list I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    The main tree feels like as Havoc you will need to invest into Sigils due to lacking other, better, places to put your points, and the fact that there is Sigil support in the Havoc spec tree.
    Odd, I easily avoided all sigils in the main tree and was pretty happy with the final result with zero hard choices. The havoc tree has a lot of possible routes but the base tree was easy for me, not a fan of sigils.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Odd, I easily avoided all sigils in the main tree and was pretty happy with the final result with zero hard choices. The havoc tree has a lot of possible routes but the base tree was easy for me, not a fan of sigils.
    The sigils don't seem worth it outside of pvp, not sure thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangra58 View Post
    The sigils don't seem worth it outside of pvp, not sure thought.
    Im not up to date on M+ immunities, but both 20s aoe disorient and 8(!) second silence sounds very good for m+? an especially the silence one is basically a freebie right after demonic.

did i read correctly second felrus will cost rage????

no darkglare legendary into the talents, pvp we will be crush, DH is the class if doesn't attack doesn't heal.... doesn't get a shard and move to it, no heal.
    one stun and you are done, darkglare with collective anguish been able to do 2 eyebeams, is good dps, you heal some percentage plus whatever your demon heals you. prepatch is a nice balance of classes, after patch will be the same story DH can't have enough heals to survive. compare to all other classes that have insta heal, like shaman, paladin, warriors....