Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Battlegrounds about to be P2W

New feature on the upcoming patch
    You need premium currency to unlock the ability to pick between 4 Heroes at the start.
    Without premium currency you can only pick one of 2 Hero options.

Hearthstone always makes my blood boil...

Last edited by Big Thanks; 2022-08-28 at 04:08 AM.

Someone wanna tell them?

You can literally earn the currency without paying a penny. The people claiming it will be p2w are the people who will turn it in to p2w. In literally everycase a system has become p2w is cause of idiots who did it to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    You can literally earn the currency without paying a penny. The people claiming it will be p2w are the people who will turn it in to p2w. In literally everycase a system has become p2w is cause of idiots who did it to themselves.
    Im so confused
    The 3 different videos i watched said the 4 slots are ONLY available if you pay real money.
    There is no way to get it for free at all.

Did all this youtubers jump the gun on wrong information?

7+ Year Old Account
    ATM you can unlock 4-pick with in-game gold. Are they taking it away? Also, what premium currency? HS does not have it (yet).

NVM, OP is right:

Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-08-27 at 07:13 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I already thought it was like this because it doesn't even show gold as an option until you click the pass in the store. Woops

7+ Year Old Account
    You can literally earn the currency without paying a penny.
    Eh... no.
    You can't.

Runestones will not be available to collect in the game, and the gold cost for BG hero slots is going away.
    The only way to get the slots is by spending the 15/20 bucks or whatever the pass costs.

Formerly known as Arafal

No, you can't earn the Runestones in-game, it's just...the additional hero choices have always been locked behind something, and I don't know who was saving up that much gold just playing Battlegrounds anyway, just pay the stupid $4.99 or whatever.

I mean, shit, Battlegrounds players calling Blizz "too greedy" are kinda hilarious to begin with, because you've all been playing this mode completely free of charge for years now. It's kinda funny.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    and I don't know who was saving up that much gold just playing Battlegrounds anyway, just pay the stupid $4.99 or whatever
    The majority of people did, considering BGs have a big and healthy playerbase.
    It's literally Hearthstones biggest mode.

If you mostly or only play BGs, what else would you spend gold on if not for the perks?

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    No, you can't earn the Runestones in-game, it's just...the additional hero choices have always been locked behind something, and I don't know who was saving up that much gold just playing Battlegrounds anyway, just pay the stupid $4.99 or whatever.

I mean, shit, Battlegrounds players calling Blizz "too greedy" are kinda hilarious to begin with, because you've all been playing this mode completely free of charge for years now. It's kinda funny.
    Playing F2P mode in a F2P game, hoping it stays F2P? So weird! They see how popular BGs are and that they do not bring them revenue, so they gonna change it now. Don't fool yourself pal, Blizz is doing it, because they can. Like few years ago they increased price of packs in EU JUST before expansion release.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    Im so confused
    The 3 different videos i watched said the 4 slots are ONLY available if you pay real money.
    There is no way to get it for free at all.

Did all this youtubers jump the gun on wrong information?
    You LITERALLY just described all youtubers. They 100% always jump the gun. It is why none of them should be taken serious. They are basically the 22nd century carnival clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The majority of people did, considering BGs have a big and healthy playerbase.
    It's literally Hearthstones biggest mode.

If you mostly or only play BGs, what else would you spend gold on if not for the perks?
    I was under the impression that you really didn't get gold from Battlegrounds. At least I never did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Playing F2P mode in a F2P game, hoping it stays F2P? So weird! They see how popular BGs are and that they do not bring them revenue, so they gonna change it now. Don't fool yourself pal, Blizz is doing it, because they can. Like few years ago they increased price of packs in EU JUST before expansion release.
    Playing a F2P mode in a game for years with literally no cost, full support, and new content...a mode which will STAY free to play even after this patch...

It's like some of you just need to bitch to get through your day.

7+ Year Old Account
    You LITERALLY just described all youtubers. They 100% always jump the gun. It is why none of them should be taken serious. They are basically the 22nd century carnival clowns.
    But this time they are right about the news, and first replies to OP were wrong.

It's like some of you just need to bitch to get through your day.
    Hey man, keep excusing corpos when they keep adding more and more paywalls.

7+ Year Old Account
    I was under the impression that you really didn't get gold from Battlegrounds. At least I never did.
    You gain gold the same way you do for any other mode, you finish quests and lvl up your tavern track.
    There are BG specific quests for that specific reason, and most of the other quests can be completed in BGs too.

Formerly known as Arafal

Oh yes, such a "paywall". They're really just robbing you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh yes, such a "paywall". They're really just robbing you.
    I think you are their favourite player type.

7+ Year Old Account
    a mode which will STAY free to play even after this patch
    A mode that requires you to take out your bank card in order to gain a significant power advantage over other players is certainly not free.

Formerly known as Arafal

odd way to spell "make money off the products they create for the sole purpose of making money" but ok ..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    A mode that requires you to take out your bank card in order to gain a significant power advantage over other players is certainly not free.
    a mode that requires you to take out your bank card to get four (instead of two) slot reels at getting a hero you like or is notably good for the minion pool of that match... a match you play for free, where everyone has the same card pool, where there is zero penalty for quitting if you don't like your hero choices, and zero cost to start a new game.*

there is also zero incentive or perk or advantage in winning games, other than personal pride.

*if they ever change that, ala arena, then yes i will go full blown "eat the rich comrade" rage mode.

As with all F2P games, there comes a certain point where you go "Okay I'm enjoying this, let's support the game and pay for the entertainment" or "This isn't fun, time to pass".

The "perk" OP is talking about is probably 1.99$ or something stupid like that. Where's the problem?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    a mode that requires you to take out your bank card to get four (instead of two) slot reels at getting a hero you like or is notably good for the minion pool of that match... a match you play for free, where everyone has the same card pool, where there is zero penalty for quitting if you don't like your hero choices, and zero cost to start a new game.

there is also zero incentive or perk or advantage in winning games, other than personal pride.
    You also play LoL matches (and many other games) for free. Would you be okay, if they added some shit like this? And there is zero incentive or perk or advantage in winning games in any other F2P game, because all you get there is ranking increase at best. And yet, all peeps want to play these games on equal footing. And guess what? BG's also have ranking system and you do take a hit if you quit.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-08-27 at 07:46 PM.