WoW Hotfixes - August 26, 2022

Maximum Interview with Ion Hazzikostas

WoW Hotfixes - August 26, 2022
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Dungeons and Raids
    • Fated Raids
      • Reduced the minimum Item Level to queue for all Fated Raid Finder wings to 230 (was 240).
        • Developers’ note: This restriction was too punishing given Fated LFR’s importance in providing new and returning players with an intermediary step to engage in Season 4’s endgame activities. We believe the power increases afforded from the Fated Powers themselves more than make up for this item level gap, so groups shouldn’t have a vastly more difficult time completing encounters.

Items and Rewards
    • Reduced the damage increase on Jeweled Signet of Melandrus by 74%.
      • Developers’ note: The spell effect changes made to Jeweled Signet of Malendrus for the release of Legion Timewalking inadvertently also caused it to increase the damage of abilities that scale with weapon damage. In some cases, the overall power gains were far beyond what was intended. This hotfix retains the current functionality but adjusts the tuning accordingly.
    • Fixed an issue where a Cosmic or Sacred Creation Impetus could be used directly on Fated tier modules from Sepulcher of the First Ones; the Fated tier armor created by the modules can still be upgraded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, there goes BIS for a lot of Melee

yayaya Now I don't have to farm it endlessly every legion time walking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now you'll just have to farm the trinkets from Vault

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have the same confidence in the LFR queue change as Blizzard does. :|

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Welp, there goes BIS for a lot of Melee
    The effect alone was worth upwards of 800 dps for some melee so even with this nerf it will still be competitive option for those specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    I don't have the same confidence in the LFR queue change as Blizzard does. :|
    Blizz will never admit how incredibly damaging to the game their ilvl bloat has been to just about every level of game.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

What a surprise that Blizzard fixed the CoS ring right after the Wowhead post about the "unintended" damage increase. How did they come up with this 74%? Did they evaluated logs or is this number just haphazard (because 298 ring gives 75 increased autoattack damage)? Can we rather get a better class balance? Destro and SV still on top even after three sets of class tuning. Blood DK is still untouched. What about the Mindcontrol abuse in Workshop? Or the Warlock gateway skip? Or the Explosive Orbs issue on Lower Kara's Westfall Story?
    Last edited by Daan; 2022-08-27 at 10:28 AM.

Now they brought it back in line for the specs where the abilities scaled with weapon damage, but on the other hand made it utterly pointless for classes that ony profited from the direct auto attack increase. Top tuning.
    Makes me actually curious why they were so fast fixing this issue that only affected some hardly present underperfoming specs, while they still don't touch the actual elephant in the room with m+ spec balance that's in the worst state since legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowforlife79 View Post
    yayaya Now I don't have to farm it endlessly every legion time walking.
    The sad part is that unless Dragonflight is delayed the next Legion Timewalking will happen during dragonflight I'm pretty sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    What a surprise that Blizzard fixed the CoS ring right after the Wowhead post about the "unintended" damage increase. How did they come up with this 74%? Did they evaluated logs or is this number just haphazard (because 298 ring gives 75 increased autoattack damage)? Can we rather get a better class balance? Destro and SV still on top even after three sets of class tuning. Blood DK is still untouched. What about the Mindcontrol abuse in Workshop? Or the Warlock gateway skip? Or the Explosive Orbs issue on Lower Kara's Westfall Story?
    Westfall Story was hotfixed on wednesday I belive with the adds no longer spawning explosive and storming.

SV and destro were nerfed in aoe and buffed in single target as compensation but the older dungeons have less trash so sv and destro are again better suited for the current m+ season and remain at the top. In raids they're a few places down.

As for class balance. They explained a few months back and recently in the team liquid interview that they intend to have specific damage profiles for different classes and specs. I don't know for other classes but for example for warriors arms is very good at sustained single target and 2 target cleave. Fury is better in sustained aoe and burst and with dragon flight they double down. Fury with titan's grip seems to be all about burst damage and aoe, single minded fury about sustained single target and bleeds and arms sustained single target with execute or bleeds and extra raid cd.

They won't balance classes or specs to be roughly equal. They want to have blood dk be the best tank this season and the next season it'll be another tank. Blood dk is the best two seasons in a row as far as I understand because their set bonus is so strong and if they nerf it, because of the scaling it'll be shit.

Also they won't do big nerfs now, that the big push has started and teams are qualifiying for the mdi.

Does the LFR change also affect gear drops in that mode, or will they remain unchanged?

15+ Year Old Account
    LFR was decent raiding up untill this change... why do EVERYONE has to get access to EVERYTHING? the "returning" players can either go do random hc or random bg to get that "super challenging" 240 ilvl requirement.

we dont want ilvl 230 ppl in SoD or SoFTO, Just imagine Halondrus with a majority of players being in unenchanted unoptimzed ilvl 230 gear with no conduits and still working on their renown ranking up... those 2k dps and 50k health tanks or healers that goes "byebye" after standing in 1 tiny stuff on the ground, will be glorious!

Quote Originally Posted by Uvania View Post
    LFR was decent raiding up untill this change... why do EVERYONE has to get access to EVERYTHING? the "returning" players can either go do random hc or random bg to get that "super challenging" 240 ilvl requirement.

we dont want ilvl 230 ppl in SoD or SoFTO, Just imagine Halondrus with a majority of players being in unenchanted unoptimzed ilvl 230 gear with no conduits and still working on their renown ranking up... those 2k dps and 50k health tanks or healers that goes "byebye" after standing in 1 tiny stuff on the ground, will be glorious!
    Well LFR is decent now because you have all of us at 285+ ilvl farming for a trinket or another. So from this pov, I don't want anyone under 275 in my raid, right.
    A 240 ilvl tank is just as paper thin as a 230 one. At 240 ilvl dps / healer are just as trash. You think someone at 240 will be optimized, enchanted and full renown compared to a 230?

Also, LFR was designed as raiding for everyone, that is why. It's not a place for you to feel elitist, it's a place for noobs, undergeared, people with no time etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Well LFR is decent now because you have all of us at 285+ ilvl farming for a trinket or another. So from this pov, I don't want anyone under 275 in my raid, right.
    A 240 ilvl tank is just as paper thin as a 230 one. At 240 ilvl dps / healer are just as trash. You think someone at 240 will be optimized, enchanted and full renown compared to a 230?

Also, LFR was designed as raiding for everyone, that is why. It's not a place for you to feel elitist, it's a place for noobs, undergeared, people with no time etc.
    trust me, im not elitist but 230 can be achieved going to auction house buying a full 229 set + some misc pvp parts and then ur set to go LFR and its tuned way harder then people like that, the "bump" into LFR must be abit higher.

As someone who came back casually playing a week ago, this iLevel requirements were not the thing that puts me off. It’s the amount of bullshit conduits raining on me from every single boss that increase some meaningless ability % by 1% but not a single meaningful item drop. I still run with green weapon. And where are the timewalking dungeons? I thought they are on a weekly shift. Community is also trash and only sells boosts in chat 100% of the time. Looks like Im gonna finish story plus run some xmogs and be done with the game for a year.

I wish this was a joke. Most of these people at 240 barely do more DPS than a fresh 60. They should actually have to do dungeons, and actually LEARN how to play before being thrown even into LFR raid and be carried. In a raid of 25 people I shouldn't be doing 30% of the entire raids entire damage every fight.