Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Dragonflight Pre-Patch on Background Downloader, Twitch Drops Coming Soon

Dragonflight Pre-Patch on Background Downloader
    Dragonflight Pre-Patch data is now available for download in the the Blizzard Battle.net App!

Twitch Drops Coming Soon
    Alongside the Dragonflight pre-patch announcement, Blizzard has revealed that Twitch Drops will be coming to World of Warcraft! The rewards have not been revealed yet, however players can expect cosmetic rewards such as transmog items, mounts or pets. One currently unavailable mount that hasn't been seen in the Dragonflight Mount Database is a datamined murloc mount. Whether or not it ends up as a Twitch Drop remains to be seen.

The first wave of drops begins on November 15 with the Phase 2 of the Dragonflight pre-patch, when Dracthyr Evokers will become available to play. The second wave of Twitch Drops coincides with the Dragonflight expansion launch on November 28, and the third wave with the Vault of the Incarnates raid launch on December 13.

Twitch Drops
    • November 15 - Dragonflight Pre-Patch Phase 2
    • November 28 - Dragonflight Expansion Launch
    • December 13 - Vault of the Incarnates Raid Launch

Last edited by Lumy; 2022-10-21 at 12:22 AM.

I really hope they dont make these rewards twitch exclusive things. I dont watch anyone on twitch or even have a twitch account. Not about to make one and watch people I have no interest in watching, just to get some neat stuff. I mean, I guess that my decision, but I've never been a fan of exclusive rewards, like game stop exclusive pre-order bonuses , or Toys R us exclusive figures, and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Varanus View Post
    I really hope they dont make these rewards twitch exclusive things. I dont watch anyone on twitch or even have a twitch account. Not about to make one and watch people I have no interest in watching, just to get some neat stuff. I mean, I guess that my decision, but I've never been a fan of exclusive rewards, like game stop exclusive pre-order bonuses , or Toys R us exclusive figures, and the like.
    I mean all you need to do is open a stream and then mute the browser tab then go about your day.

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    I mean all you need to do is open a stream and then mute the browser tab then go about your day.
    He does need a Twitch account for it to work though
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Locking a mount behind watching online streams would be a new low, especially if it's a unique model.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    He does need a Twitch account for it to work though
    twitch accountas are free

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowroxxor View Post
    Locking a mount behind watching online streams would be a new low, especially if it's a unique model.
    why, its literally free, and you dont even need to watch a stream, just have it open.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Man fuck right off with this shit. Bad enough they do this with Overwatch 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Man fuck right off with this shit. Bad enough they do this with Overwatch 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowroxxor View Post
    Oh no, you have to keep a tab open in your browser and collect free things. Where you can even right-click and mute the tab. It's the end of the world right here.

You'd have a leg to stand on if it was like the one promotion they did with OW where you paid streamers X amount for a skin, but you aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Oh no, you have to keep a tab open in your browser and collect free things. Where you can even right-click and mute the tab. It's the end of the world right here.
    It is the principle of the thing to me. I don't want to watch mercenary streamers who are getting extra revenue because of these twitch drops.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    It is the principle of the thing to me. I don't want to watch mercenary streamers who are getting extra revenue because of these twitch drops.
    1- you don't have to watch them
    2- The principle? you are so jaded you can't stand someone making a living off of entertaining people?
    3- "Mercenary streamers"??????????????????
    4- "Extra revenue because of these twitch drops" yeah all... half a scent they got from your watching yaaaay....
    5- based on what you are saying i am 99% sure you have an adblock, so they wouldn't even get money anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1- you don't have to watch them
    2- The principle? you are so jaded you can't stand someone making a living off of entertaining people?
    3- "Mercenary streamers"??????????????????
    4- "Extra revenue because of these twitch drops" yeah all... half a scent they got from your watching yaaaay....
    5- based on what you are saying i am 99% sure you have an adblock, so they wouldn't even get money anyways.
    1- Even running it in the background is a viewer for a streamer.
    2- No, I don't like companies picking streamers to get a windfall of extra money. Companies and streamers can do what they want, I just don't much care for it.
    3- What was so difficult to understand?
    4- Those half-cents add up btw. Or else the streamers wouldn't do it.
    5- Of course I have a fucking adblock. And it isn't because twitch, it is sites like this one with their lovely viruses. I know how twitch works, they wouldn't get money off me but they do get money off the people that go to these streamers because they are forced to go there to get these stupid drops that should just be in game rewards.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol, imagine complaining about having to do stuff (like watch a stream) to get something for free. Typical MMOC take right there.

If you don't agree with it, don't watch a stream, it's simple really. But don't complain you're not getting free stuff then.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Curious but do adblocks even work on Twitch streams? I use uBlock Origin and I still see ads in twitch streams (not that it bothers me on twitch).

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Lol, imagine complaining about having to do stuff (like watch a stream) to get something for free. Typical MMOC take right there.

If you don't agree with it, don't watch a stream, it's simple really. But don't complain you're not getting free stuff then.

Curious but do adblocks even work on Twitch streams? I use uBlock Origin and I still see ads in twitch streams (not that it bothers me on twitch).
    It goes back and forth, sometimes the adblocks win, sometimes Twitch wins. I just pay for Turbo so I don't have to deal with ads ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post

Some do some don't sometimes they do sometimes they don't. but really it will only take a bit of time to get the drops.so not even worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Blizzard doesn't pick specific streamers. They let anyone who is streaming it allow for drops. Like whenever I do it for OW I usually do it to someone who has < 100 viewers and/or subs.

ran out of space while downloading the pre-patch data and now my wow is corrupted with no option to repair

Only 13 days to play with the new class before expansion hits? Wasn't it more time in the past? Was planning to check if I like it enough to switch mains before the expansion, not sure if I will have enough time for that now

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varanus View Post
    And I really hope they make theses rewards exclusive things, because exclusive collectibles are fun! If you can't even be bothered to watch a stream for 2 hours you just don't deserve stuff, it's as simple as that. Stuff that everyone can get is the only good type of FOMO anyways, since you won't have the fear of not being able to get it while it's available (unlike f.e. the gladiator mount or the keystone hero titles).

And people who aren't loyal just don't get loyality rewards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    jesus the entitlement of getting up in arms about having to keep a twitch stream open and muted... better than them being store products, god forbid you either do nothing or engage with the community
    Yeah. God forbid they give us some cool cosmetics as keepsakes for the dragonflight launch.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Yeah. God forbid they give us some cool cosmetics as keepsakes for the dragonflight launch.
    Don't be naive, it's never about getting some cosmetics; it' always about having to get them all without doing anything. No matter how many mounts they give to the players, the moment they put one behind something like Twitch, the outcry begins.
    Last edited by Rageonit; 2022-10-21 at 07:49 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Don't be dishonest, it's never about getting some cosmetics; it' always about having to get them all without doing anything. No matter how many mounts they give to the players, the moment they put one behind something like Twitch, the outcry begins.
    But doing the twitch drops is basically "without doing anything". I actually prefer that over just logging in and getting a mount, like they did with Shadowlands and the tree.

Anyways, really hoping it's something new. The Prime transmogs were cool for the people who missed out on them, but I already owned them so the promotion wasn't exciting for me

Personally, I'm hoping for the yellow recolour of the skyblazer:

https://www.warcraftmounts.com/mount.php?mountid=1400
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-10-21 at 07:52 AM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE