Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    You can't count the first kill as Blizzard banned and took away the achievement from all of STARS for exploiting with a Warlock life tapping and a Pally Healer spam healing with Righteous Fury down in the brain room to make all the adds do nothing.
    You are remembering wrong. The guild that did this was US guild called Exodus. I do remember that kill it happened about week before the actual world first. They hotfixed it shortly after. The stars one was pure skill and dedication and not an exploit.
    Last edited by luc54; 2022-11-09 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    You are remembering wrong. The guild that did this was US guild called Exodus. I do remember that kill it happened about week before the actual world first. They hotfixed it shortly after. The stars one was pure skill and dedication and not an exploit.
    Jesus man, in my efforts to look into this I found the MMO-C thread on this topic. Talk about repressed memories. It's kind of weird how much of a time capsule some of these ancient threads are. (And how much the WoW community hasn't changed.)

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    bruh its gonna be cleared in 3 hours MAX. not even close to 1 day or 2 days
    When we consider the dps numbers people are already pulling, my expectations have shifted a lot. People are doing more DPS in Naxx now than most people were doing in Ulduar back in the day, and not to mention Ulduar dropping even higher ilvl equipment in Classic. It's going to be a complete joke, even Yogg 0 will be because at least some people will have ilvl251 items (weapons) from the first lockout.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ulduar difficulty with this upgraded loot is closer to T7 difficulty, or at least closer to Sunwell difficulty.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Well don't forget that Ulduar was pretty heavily nerfed a couple different times, so the version most people saw had already been brought down a bit.

But yah DPS levels even among very casual groups are still an order of magnitude higher.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Well don't forget that Ulduar was pretty heavily nerfed a couple different times, so the version most people saw had already been brought down a bit.

But yah DPS levels even among very casual groups are still an order of magnitude higher.
    Ulduar was nerfed millions of times originally, but we're not only playing much stronger classes in Classic but we will also have much higher ilvl gear dropping, so we're not playing anywhere close to the original pre-nerf difficulty in reality.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Compared to how good the average player was back then? It was decently hard.

If a raid released today with the same sort of difficulty, it would be cleared day one by even mid-tier guilds. Algalon / 0 Lights next week, it's not particularly hard mechanically.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.