Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    MoP is considered one of best expansions and my all time favorite so that is a good thing.
    Yep
    I'm gonna love most of it outside of the campaign leveling stuff because I hate being essentially guided

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    The new talent trees really makes the classes more fun and adds alot more variety, Dragonriding feels terrible at early levels but gets better as you unlock more talents for it, dungeons are fine, outdoor world content is more of the same old - legion wq's (the blue kill x rare ones) were still far superior than what they put in DF.

Overall I love the art and class trees but Im not too excited for the rest, dragonriding is fun when you glide down and gain momentum but after playing beta for a week I really wanted to fly my normal mounts again.

Really hope the next beta builds add more outdoor stuff thats new and fun.
    I like that they added invasions at launch instead of waiting for the first patch again

Honestly, I'm loving the look of DF so far, mainly because I don't have to spend most of my time farming stuff like renown or Torghast mats for legendaries. Although, having said that, I've not read or seen much in terms of endgame content. So long as it leaves me to just focus on gear for character progression, I'm a happy clappy pally chappy.

If there is one thing I will miss from past expansions it would be class order halls. Each class, and to some extent specs, got an unique quest line. The order halls were impressive and the experience of delving into your class was fun. I don't think Blizzard has done or will do again anything so immersive when it comes to player/class identity.
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

it looks like shit. why are people still playing this stupid game.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    Honestly, I'm loving the look of DF so far, mainly because I don't have to spend most of my time farming stuff like renown or Torghast mats for legendaries. Although, having said that, I've not read or seen much in terms of endgame content. So long as it leaves me to just focus on gear for character progression, I'm a happy clappy pally chappy.
    endgame is essentially
    dungeons
    raids
    pvp
    crafting
    if you want gear you have the invasion events and some gear from renown with the reps but they are all around normal raid ilvl and wont be unlocked until after lfr and everything is out based on current gains

big thing is just they need to adjust rep gains for WQ and the events like elemental storms

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Does it look on first hand better then Shadowlands though?
    So far... its about as good as the last 3 (SL, BFA, Legion).

DF looks pretty hype. Talents look good. Blizzard finally seemed to learn to ignore the crying retards that want power grinds so they can keep up even though they are complete shit at the game.

Players are going to have to actually earn their raid kills and IO and not hide behind 300% damage increases from expansion stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Few dungeons and raids I presume. At launch as well during its lifetime.
    Educated guess but dont know
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    endgame is essentially
    dungeons
    raids
    pvp
    crafting
    if you want gear you have the invasion events and some gear from renown with the reps but they are all around normal raid ilvl and wont be unlocked until after lfr and everything is out based on current gains

big thing is just they need to adjust rep gains for WQ and the events like elemental storms
    How is crafting its own thing if you need materials from the others in order to craft something decent?

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Let me put it simple. Imagine eating a can of beans every at each meal, knowing that the only alternative is tree bark.

Like seriously, if you quit WoW what else are you gonna play? Some Korean weebfest MMO? Some horrendous P2W MMO? Some MMO that is already dead? Or perhaps play a single player game...for like a week.

Don't kid yourself, WoW is the best MMO that is currently on the market. Unless of course you're one of these FFXIV fans or the fan of some MMO that may be unplugged any day now, like GW2, in which case you should probably play those and not troll a WoW oriented forum. And you WILL play WoW for the foreseeable future no matter how bad it is, because even a bad expansion is still better than other MMOs.
    True, also name checks out.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    How is crafting its own thing if you need materials from the others in order to craft something decent?
    You get those mats via the world events

You get those mats via the world events
    So you can craft heroic or mythic raid quality gear without ever doing any premade group content? I actually didn't know that, I had heard that in order to craft the higher iLvl pieces you had to get materials exclusively found inside of raids etc.
    Last edited by Echo of Soul; 2022-09-08 at 09:55 AM.

endgame is essentially
    dungeons
    raids
    pvp
    crafting

Well now, seems like I'll have a fun endgame to do then.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    God forbid you have to actually interact with other ppl in a mmo
    The only interaction in keys is when things go wrong and people start blaming each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    DF looks pretty hype. Talents look good. Blizzard finally seemed to learn to ignore the crying retards that want power grinds so they can keep up even though they are complete shit at the game.

Players are going to have to actually earn their raid kills and IO and not hide behind 300% damage increases from expansion stuff.
    Or buy boosts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    Then good news, that is literally it.

Go raid
    Go M+
    Go Rated pvp
    Those are the endgames, that is it.

no "Have to do torghast" no "need to do world quests to get renown" no "Go farm this for legendaries" no "Go farm conduits"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    So you can craft heroic or mythic raid quality gear without ever doing any premade group content? I actually didn't know that, I had heard that in order to craft the higher iLvl pieces you had to get materials exclusively found inside of raids etc.
    No, of course you need to do endgame content to get endgame gear, but professions can be a way to get gear from those, and even if you dont do endgame content, you can still craft endgame gear for others as they can proivide you the resources needed for you to craft them their items.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I preordered... but i think this will probably be the first expansion i WON'T play at launch... it is not bad... just boring.

This is the big problem wow has imho. Every expansion is disconected from every other expansion. There is not red string unless you count the deus ex machina cosmic shit without any real connection to anything.
    DF has... honestly nothing i am interested in. I really don't care about flying no matter in what form. So i will use it and... well... be ambivalent about it. Raiding is fun but only if the raids themselves have a reason to be. Dungeons look generic.
    Dragons are rather boring in wow in the first place imho.
    New class is just furry/scaly widehipped directly pulled from deviantart and then even lazy enough so they had to slap a human form ontop of it so they could ignore transmogs.
    New zones look generic as hell.
    New models... are cutsy.
    New armorsets are freaking BULKY as hell... i doubt characters could even lift their arms with gloves that have stone on it as big as their own torso (like wtf is wrong with an actuall cloth or leather set for once? Nearly all oft them could be a pure warrior plate set... or stone)
    Weapons get more and more unusable as actual weapons. Yeah wow was always more weird with weapons... but come on how is a spine a sword? There isn't even a edge anywhere...
    Everything is a joke in some way it feels.
    Why are they to hellbend on pushing freaking ducks? WHo gives a fuck about ducks? Not like crittters have a huge place in wow anywhere.

But i could completly look over all of this if the story is fun. But it isn't. There is nothing hooking me from the trailer. There is nothing given me a reason to play from the PTR for now.
    Maybe it will change but i doubt it.
    Last edited by VinceVega; 2022-09-08 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Derivative things are like 99% of content added in every expan, heroic and mythic+ are Derivative of normal dungeons, every thing around raids is derivative, World quest and daily’s are derivative if normal quest, ect.

The only inherently new stuff is like warfronts , Torghast, islands, artifact weapons, the farm in mop, and vehicle combat in wrath. And out of those things only really artifacts and Mabye the farm were well received.
    Here lies the problem: they were not well-received. But they still were new things. And that's the problem of Dragonflight: new things. Which was my point. I wasn't saying that Warfronts, Torghast etc. were so great or innovative, but they were new and had some charme.

I prefer having something new even if it's subpar instead of having nothing new.

Can anyone wholeheartedly deny that Dragonflight is the most feature-lacking and "basic" (in regards of features) expansion yet?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Here lies the problem: they were not well-received. But they still were new things. And that's the problem of Dragonflight: new things. Which was my point. I wasn't saying that Warfronts, Torghast etc. were so great or innovative, but they were new and had some charme.

I prefer having something new even if it's subpar instead of having nothing new.

Can anyone wholeheartedly deny that Dragonflight is the most feature-lacking and "basic" (in regards of features) expansion yet?
    New class and dragon flying. That’s at least two brand new features. It’s not the most but when comparing to others I wouldn’t say it’s the worst. Cata has very little brand new features except for races. WOD the same, new class and vehicle combat.

Again, just mentioning brand new features, not overhauls.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Nothing is new ever then.
    Flying was not new in TBC as it was just derivative of ground mounts and swimming
    heroic dungeons were not new because they were derivative of normal dungeons
    hardmodes were not new because they were derivative of normal modes.
    Paladin becoming horde and shaman becoming alliance were not new, they were derivative of their vanilla selves.
    Wotlk making "all specs viable" was not new, it was derivative of the specs prior.
    I mean if Dragonflight had any of that, we could discuss this. But it simply doesn't. I might give you Dragonriding, but besides that there's just nothing. Reworked professions are still the exact same stuff (remember when they reworked professions in Legion and nobody bothered? The same will happen again). Talents? The same.

There's a lot of "new" stuff that they introduced in the last expansions, fact is just that Dragonflight doesn't at all besides Evoker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    New class and dragon flying. That’s at least two brand new features. It’s not the most but when comparing to others I wouldn’t say it’s the worst. Cata has very little brand new features except for races. WOD the same, new class and vehicle combat.

Again, just mentioning brand new features, not overhauls.
    Cataclysm had Archeology and transmog, features many people forget.

Is Dragonflight offering more than other expansions? Does it offer more brand new stuff than Cataclysm / WoD in that regard? I honestly don't think so which makes it the expansion with the least amount of new features / new stuff - from my perspective.

The main problem is that Blizzard fed us with (great to useless) brand new stuff from Legion (2016) to Shadowlands (2020). Now we're back to 2010 / 2014 levels of expansion content. So a gap of 8 to 12 years. Do you think this will end well? I highly doubt it.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    New class is just furry/scaly widehipped directly pulled from deviantart and then even lazy enough so they had to slap a human form ontop of it so they could ignore transmogs.
    The fact that you mention a new class and the only thing you comment on is their looks is a pretty good indicator that we have vastly, vastly different priorities when it comes to "fun".