Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    "There's no way Sylvanas is named Warchief. That'd be retarded"
    -During Mists of Pandaria
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    The employee in question was found dead at a Blizzard company retreat. Nudes of her had "leaked" (ie, passed around) the day before her death. Her boss was referenced as having brought sex toys with him on the company retreat. Her boss lost his job shortly after her suicide. Blizzard maintains that that her death is unrelated the DFEH's sexual harassment investigation but the whole situation paints a pretty damning picture of the type of work environment present at Blizzard.
    Really quite baffling how modern Blizzard can't stand Garrosh calling Sylvanas a bitch but is completely fine with sex toys on company owned property... perhaps my mistake was thinking Blizzard had priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiphon View Post
    Really quite baffling how modern Blizzard can't stand Garrosh calling Sylvanas a bitch but is completely fine with sex toys on company owned property... perhaps my mistake was thinking Blizzard had priorities.
    funny is if you actualy check who its about in the scandal its the "good old blizzard" people, not someone recent, some were named some implied pretty clearly, yet somehow its after they start leaving when blizz became "bad"

Quote Originally Posted by Caiphon View Post
    These are two entirely separate issues and conflating the two only serves to stoke negativity. It's absurd to think that employees working in Blizzard's finance division had any control over changes in cutscene dialogue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKarateDeathCar View Post
    This is in no way defending Blizzard or that sort of behavior but I don't think it's uncommon, which is disturbing. The place I work has dozens of stories. About a year ago one of my coworkers was arrested for hanging out in his truck outside of highschools. He would ask girls for directions and when they would come up to his truck he had his dick out... As if that was disgusting enough the location manager and assistant manager worked with him so he wouldn't lose his job. They instructed him to quit before he went to jail so that way he wouldn't be "fired" for going to jail. I guess the courts worked out if he pleaded guilty to indecent exposure and some of the other charges they wouldn't make him register as a sex offender so he was in jail for like 3 months or something. Anyway when he got out they actually rehired him ... It was disgusting. And then to top it off he ended up transferring to a different store saying that WE all made poor him feel uncomfortable lololol.
    Sexual harassment is disturbingly commonplace in the workplace; it's unfortunate that Blizzard's dirty laundry is being aired out the way it is. I think that the underlying issue was that Blizzard had up until recently had a "boys club" mentality -- fairly common in the tech industry at large -- which is why they've had to swing back in a very public manner, announcing all sorts of DE&I positions and so forth.

These are two entirely separate issues and conflating the two only serves to stoke negativity. It's absurd to think that employees working in Blizzard's finance division had any control over changes in cutscene dialogue.
    Maybe I'm being too harsh with Blizz, but I did get the impression that they were trying to basically cast misdirection on the community while being very protective of folks that should not have been protected. I don't mean to say the finance division holds sway over WoW development, any intervention if present would have come from higher ups who needed damage control. But I'm no insider so I won't pretend to know the details.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    A woman committed suicide because of the sexual harassment she received at the company, I am probably right.
    People commit suicide because of trauma in their everyday life every single day. 1 Women doing it allegedly at blizzard isnt a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    People commit suicide because of trauma in their everyday life every single day. 1 Women doing it allegedly at blizzard isnt a big deal.
    It is exactly shit like this that makes me cringe that I ever considered myself a member of the WoW community.
    You just lost The Game

Jesus. This is why I hate wow players.

This is a pretty bad take my guy. The inculpatory evidence in this case is pretty damning even if Blizzard settled out of court.

10+ Year Old Account
    That the feeling of wonder from exploring the world would never diminish.

Yikes, I feel sorry for your friends and family.

This is a pretty bad take my guy. The inculpatory evidence in this case is pretty damning even if Blizzard settled out of court.
    I'd disagree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    That the feeling of wonder from exploring the world would never diminish.

Yikes, I feel sorry for your friends and family.
    I feel bad for your twitter personality

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    Jesus. This is why I hate wow players.
    Grow up already

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    It is exactly shit like this that makes me cringe that I ever considered myself a member of the WoW community.
    Literally 4 cringe twitter personalities in a row. I hit the jackpot

Considering we don't see gaming company employees killing themselves every other Tuesday, this incident at the very least indicates that Blizzard's work culture is likely closer to the bad end of the spectrum than the good one, which was the point of the original post that brought this matter up. So in the context of this conversation it is indeed a pretty big deal.

The next expansion will fix everything!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

PVP can be fun. Can't really blame myself for not thinking it would be fun when my introduction was getting ganked in PVE Spec, 0 Resil, and no Trinket. Also bonus unfun points for being able to tell they are clearly terrible but you still lose.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    When were you "wrong" and why did you change your mind?

Me:

"Classic WoW is going to be hard as hell"
    Back when classic wasnt out yet. Obviously wrong

"LFR is one of the reasons why WoW sucks"
    I still remember MMO-C having this argument every week on frontpage.
    It was a very popular argument back in the day.
    I think i was wrong because i dont see myself raiding even if they remove LFR nowadays.

"Transmog is one of the reason why WoW sucks"
    Oh boy...
    I was young and stupid, ok? I think every MMO needs a way to make you look like you want.

Those are my big ones i guess.
    What are yours?
    About your opinions. I was sure classic will be farm from the bottom. I always loved LFR and transmogs. :P

I was hyped on SL but we all know how bad writing was/is. In general expansion is good for me because of gameplay but the story is bullshit since BFA.

I was hyped for WOTLK classic. But when they announce no RDF all the hype went to the ground. Not playin it.

I was hyped for WOD. But the expansion wasnt good as i thought.

I was like meh for pandas and pandaria in general. But yeah that was good expansion and i played pandaren hunter. It was fun.

And now im not hyped for DF. Would be nice to be suprised :P

grow up already
    two sentences emitted by the same revolting piece of shit

7+ Year Old Account
    Having empathy is now a "twitter personality"
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    funny is if you actualy check who its about in the scandal its the "good old blizzard" people, not someone recent, some were named some implied pretty clearly, yet somehow its after they start leaving when blizz became "bad"
    That's a pretty disgusting take. It was a horrible incident and you somehow think it's better because the one responsible was a senior employee!?

that it would always be great

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    You may say I have a hot take opinion, but it's certainly not wrong.

If you only do PVE, likely never use interrupts, cc, or anything else other than dps abilities,
    I think it's perfectly fine to have an opinion that this game has too many buttons... but if you're doing PvE and you never use your interrupts or defensives, that is bad.