Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I believe it, see no reason not too. And I don't contest the idea of pinhead being female. However I do understand people's concerns. Because lately we see a lot of swapping of any kind really and often it becomes the focus and then the show is bad because of that focus.

So even if it's canon I understand the concern where it comes from. If the "change" is made for authentic reasons it will probably turn out well. But even if it is canon it isn't necessarily the reason to change it for whoever is running the show, they might have other reasons, then it'll probably turn out bad because priorities are somewhere else.
    It’s canonical Pinhead is androgynous, there’s nothing to contest. Why would Pinhead’s motivations revolve around radical social distress? It’s all about blurring the lines between pain and pleasure of the flesh. Cenobites don’t care about girl power unless it’s extradimensional sadomasochism.

I also find it weird people are concerned about their social anxieties when it’s Clive Barker. His writing’s purpose is to pervert human ideologies and flip the tables.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2022-09-21 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    It’s canonical Pinhead is androgynous, there’s nothing to contest. Why would Pinhead’s motivations revolve around radical social distress? It’s all about blurring the lines between pain and pleasure of the flesh. Cenobites don’t care about girl power unless it’s extradimensional sadomasochism.
    I don't talk about in-universe...I feel like you need to read my post again, or I can try and explain it further if you give me direction which part is unclear.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't talk about in-universe...I feel like you need to read my post again, or I can try and explain it further if you give me direction which part is unclear.
    I’m pretty sure it’s a remake. It’s also faithful to the books while keeping the author’s direction of the original films.

The concerns are unwarranted when it’s the same writer, and the horror genre…

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    I’m pretty sure it’s a remake. It’s also faithful to the books while keeping the author’s direction of the original films.
    That's what we all hope for in the end
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what we all hope for in the end
    From what I understand, HBO was supposed to produce a series based on the original film canon. Nothing has come out of it, unfortunately. Ultimately it had its ending in one film, which was okay but would’ve worked better as show or trilogy format.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    I believe it.

Also, whenever I'm in Downtown Vancouver...I usually stop in to the Canadian Golden Age Collectables...which I have just found out is a sister store to the one in Seattle.
    Yeah. GAC in Seattle opened in 1960 or 61. Rod, the owner, bought it back in 71.. I think? Anyway, Patrick (guy who owns GAC in Vancouver) and Rod were friends and they sort of did a "share the brand" think back in 1974. And though Patrick talks about it being a sister store, they haven't been officially associated beyond name and the "Dirty Duck" logo for YEARS.

In my opinion, Patrick is a really cool guy and honestly the more ethical between the two of them. Rod's a good guy, but sometimes his business practices when it came to buying and selling collections was somewhat questionable. I worked there when "The Death of Superman" was the big event, and I remember having literal boxes of the sealed issues of Superman 75 sitting in the back room, and Rod pricing them at $50 behind the counter and telling people we only had a few copies.

I don't know how Rod is now, being that I haven't talked to him in about 10-15 years, but he could be a bit shady back in the day to make a buck.

Shameless name drop... that's me sitting with Jean Giraud (Moebius) back in 91! (Obviously, I am the guy on the right LOL)

- - - Updated - - -

I believe it, see no reason not too. And I don't contest the idea of pinhead being female. However I do understand people's concerns. Because lately we see a lot of swapping of any kind really and often it becomes the focus and then the show is bad because of that focus.

So even if it's canon I understand the concern where it comes from. If the "change" is made for authentic reasons it will probably turn out well. But even if it is canon it isn't necessarily the reason to change it for whoever is running the show, they might have other reasons, then it'll probably turn out bad because priorities are somewhere else.
    Honestly, with Barker being actively involved and a driving force in it, I think it will do really well. The first two he was involved in went on to pretty decent success, and things sort of went downhill after with less and less involvement from Barker.

If you compare Hellraiser and Nightbreed, Hellraiser only cost $1m to make and made almost $15m in the box office. By comparison Nightbreed cost $11m to make and only grossed $16m in the box office. The primary differences here was that Hellraiser did not have a traditional Producer setup. It was a small production company in England and were mostly hands off with a few exceptions, and with Nightbreed, Joe Roth was a CONSTANT interference, like most Hollywood producers who just think they know better. Nightbreed was a good movie, but just a trainwreck by comparison.

I think this series is going to see really good things come of it. And I am really excited to see Barker's actively involved in film. I think if he had been more involved directly with Books of Blood it would have been a far better series than it was.
    Last edited by Oakshana; 2022-09-21 at 04:31 PM.