Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dragonflight Beta - New Rogue Talent: Danse Macabre

Dragonflight Beta - New Rogue Talent: Danse Macabre
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Hello, Rogues.

Your feedback, here and elsewhere, has not fallen on deaf ears. In hindsight, stopping by the forums sooner to say as much would probably have helped, and I hope you are willing to accept a peace offering (in the form of a previewed upcoming change to the talent that was previously Shadow Mist):

Iteration and implementation for Rogue talents continues in earnest. A handful of iterative changes and significantly more functional talents will be hitting the PTR and Beta across the next couple builds, many of which are related to topics previously discussed here, and we will be back tomorrow to chat with you about more of what’s coming.

Cheers.

Every other class has had blue post upon blue post upon blue post, rogues get to wait 2 months for 6 sentences (and that's a generous counting) and a copy of a years old monk talent. I swear there's not a single dev at Blizzard that actually plays and enjoys rogue, they just begrudgingly keep dragging the class along because they have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikapika View Post
    Every other class has had blue post upon blue post upon blue post, rogues get to wait 2 months for 6 sentences (and that's a generous counting) and a copy of a years old monk talent. I swear there's not a single dev at Blizzard that actually plays and enjoys rogue, they just begrudgingly keep dragging the class along because they have to.
    Every other class?

wonder how many weakauras will have voice lines from CN with that talent.

Welcome to being a rogue. Every single expansion, rogue's have the least amount of patch notes besides when combat became outlaw. Either we are a perfect class or they hate us.

Quote Originally Posted by z3rodown View Post
    Welcome to being a rogue. Every single expansion, rogue's have the least amount of patch notes besides when combat became outlaw. Either we are a perfect class or they hate us.
    Literally every class complains like this, stop acting like you are alone against the world.

Quote Originally Posted by z3rodown View Post
    Though, Outlaw(Combat) has no real use for Shadow Dancing (or Dance Macabre) as there are better options for that spec. That being said, I could see that being amazing for subtlety and assassination.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakut View Post
    Though, Outlaw(Combat) has no real use for Shadow Dancing (or Dance Macabre) as there are better options for that spec. That being said, I could see that being amazing for subtlety and assassination.
    It is a subtlety tree exclusive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they did some interesting stuff with subtlety but the other two do seem like it's almost the same...and yeah, first thing I thought of when I saw DM was Monk

I can definitely see a possible Outlaw build based on Ambush, checkout the leftmost "path" in the Outlaw tree. No idea how good it's going to be (especially in PvE), but I can see an Outlaw PvP build that is based on landing a 7 combo point Kidney Shot, and then popping Shadow Dance + Adrenaline Rush and spamming Ambushes, something along the lines of this, I guess (probably some points would be spent differently, I just went for whatever seemed reasonable on the first try).
    That said, the talent is Subtlety only, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Atriel View Post
    It is a subtlety tree exclusive.
    That was my assumption as well based on what I see in beta today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noctiphobia View Post
    I can definitely see a possible Outlaw build based on Ambush, checkout the leftmost "path" in the Outlaw tree. No idea how good it's going to be (especially in PvE), but I can see an Outlaw PvP build that is based on landing a 7 combo point Kidney Shot, and then popping Shadow Dance + Adrenaline Rush and spamming Ambushes, something along the lines of this, I guess (probably some points would be spent differently, I just went for whatever seemed reasonable on the first try).
    That said, the talent is Subtlety only, anyway.
    I'm rather glad it is Subtlety only. It would be yet another weaving in of other finishers and cooldowns that would make Outlaw require flowcharting to get it done right. And, as I experienced that firsthand as feral in LK the first time around, I don't want to see that repeated again for anyone. Best to not overly and unnecessarily complicate a spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shimmy left....

The year is 2022 and WoW devs have just completed their Forums training course, and can now post!

hahaha, what a joke. "a deaf ear". u know it.
    other class get feedback as soon as possible.
    just a same example, frozen DK, they get 2 sentence feedback, but the designer immeditely changed the CLASS TREE!
    as rogue, as the 4th earliy exposed talent, 2 month pass, this is the first "answer" from Desginer with ONLY 1 change and 2 sentence.

I bet the assassin rogue designer even not try to finish his OWN designed Spec Tree.
    If he did it, then he/she will find that now 25 point even can't have the middle branch ultimate talent.
    of Course, 30 point is not enough to have 2 ultimate talent out of 3.(compare to havoc DH\Frozen Dk\unholy DK, they not only can easily have 2 out 3, but also almost have 3 all of them if total point is 31)
    And i did a research, guess what? Frozen DK\ Unholy DK\ Havoc DH, and Fuy Warrior even dont have 3 point Spec talent. while Asssassin last 2th all rank talent need 3 point.

I aleady made a video exposed you rogue desinger lazy work and bad attitude.

in short for rogue, Assassin was dead; Sub had half life only; Outlaw looks health, but has soft feeling.

Love what seems like a Ghost reference!

Do you play rogue at all?

Shadow dance > ambush > dice bonus

this is basic shit lol

lol, all i can think of is the album "danse macabre" by the faint

We all hate rogues, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit84 View Post
    Love what seems like a Ghost reference!
    I don't see any mention of pottery.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Would be funnier if rogues had to do the boss mini-game for a buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I don't see any mention of pottery.
    Can't tell tone so not sure if you're joking but I'm referring to the band Ghost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gr63DiEUxw