Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    Shaping up to be another rushed shitshow...
    yeah. the same crap again. the 3rd or 4th time. rush, release halfassed shit, fix it till last patch, throw it away and start next xpac. that idiots will never learn tbh. maybe when they reach 100.000 players and realize it’s too late. what giant morons.

but hey, at least this time they have not even one of their shitty game features, like Covenants, at all. So, since they not changing classes while xpac is running, they can chill this time all day long. Cheap. What lousy lazy loosers.

So, bye bye any new, interesting Rogue talents. Welcome Rogues to another round of nothing new. Welcome Ret Paladins to another round of uselessness. Welcome Shamans with another 5 cheap shit changes. Welcome Druids, to your unganged tree. Welcome Warlocks to another round of „oh sorry, forgot you existing“. Sorry Monks, for keep being forced into your niches.

Hunters and Warriors at least got some attention.

Yeah, nice rushed shit show. Again.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-09-24 at 01:41 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would personally love for a few classes to get another one or two passes, but I understand that they can't delay the game indefinitely... This production cycle has felt so distinct from typical Blizzard — they're trying to get this out ASAP and earn back some goodwill after Shadowlands.

For the majority of specs, the talents themselves are in a workable state. Not perfect, maybe still deeply flawed, but workable. I want to stay positive and say that one of the advantages of Dragonflight's lack of systems is that they can focus on tuning this in the longterm. Is that cope? Reading it back, it sounds like cope.

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    Oh dear. BFA 3.0 incoming.
    Codename: SL 2.0

The beta for hunters seems done, what about the other classes?

People saying its rushed is just stupid imo. Ive been around waaaaay worse betas then rhis one, this is one of their best betas to date.
    They reworked the talent system, not your class. So stop expecting so much from that. That essentially means tjat you might not see any gameplay difference from the previous expansion but that isnt to say it wont change over the course.of the expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    The beta for hunters seems done, what about the other classes?
    Monk needs a couple tweaks but they are still in a mindset of "you don't understand our decisions but trust us" in terms of a couple talents though I'm 95% happy lol

Quote Originally Posted by Arkura View Post
    People saying its rushed is just stupid imo. Ive been around waaaaay worse betas then rhis one, this is one of their best betas to date.
    They reworked the talent system, not your class. So stop expecting so much from that. That essentially means tjat you might not see any gameplay difference from the previous expansion but that isnt to say it wont change over the course.of the expansion
    "it's just beta guys wait for prepatch"
    "it's just prepatch guys wait for 1.0"
    "it's just 1.0 guys wait for 2.0"
    "it's just 2.0 guys wait for 3.0"
    "it's just the end of the expansion guys, wait for next expansion"

And the cycle continues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesock View Post
    "it's just beta guys wait for prepatch"
    "it's just prepatch guys wait for 1.0"
    "it's just 1.0 guys wait for 2.0"
    "it's just 2.0 guys wait for 3.0"
    "it's just the end of the expansion guys, wait for next expansion"

And the cycle continues.
    Hahaha this is so true god damn blizzard...
    A very cool signature text.

I would say that the majority of specs are in a good state. Some are not. It's definitely far better than e.g. with BfA where it was clear Azerite was broken. Ultimately the timetable means they have to pause here to start tuning to be ready for launch in late November or whatever their target is. Wish they had more time but at the same time cannot wait for Shadowlands to be over. Similar expacs with full class reworks (MoP and Legion) had constant talent changes throughout their lifecycles so that's promising but I'd rather Dragonflight played right for everyone on release, not in 10.2-10.3

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I would say that the majority of specs are in a good state. Some are not. It's definitely far better than e.g. with BfA where it was clear Azerite was broken. Ultimately the timetable means they have to pause here to start tuning to be ready for launch in late November or whatever their target is. Wish they had more time but at the same time cannot wait for Shadowlands to be over. Similar expacs with full class reworks (MoP and Legion) had constant talent changes throughout their lifecycles so that's promising but I'd rather Dragonflight played right for everyone on release, not in 10.2-10.3
    I'm likely going to move to the new dragon race/class for this expansion, after BFA and Shadowlands I need something new to keep me playing.

While I think Blizz will keep iterating and tuning even after release I cant help but feel these are the same stale classes from SL with a shiny new UI.

Hunters may have had good comms, but our utility is basically non existsant, and unless tuned high will be far less desirable than other classes for a raid spot

I just wonder at this point how many expansions of being absolutely dog shit does retribution paladin have to endure before finally something being done?
    You have a class whose entire core identity used to be about buffing and utility that basically now brings worse utility than pure dps classes, wears plate and yet is squishy and also suffers from the good ole "hybrid tax" which only seems to apply to ret nowdays and does mediocre damage while also to top it all off having dreadful mobility.

I m just convinced that they hate not only this spec but this class in general at this point. While prot and holy have been in good spots in the past (on and off) Paladin ALWAYS gets the least amount of communication across expansion betas and mid expansion patches. There are almost never radical changes or any buffs/nerfs. Its just always a void of nothing and its getting really fucking tiring.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    What is rushed exactly? Classes have seen round after round after round of tuning thanks to feedback received
    yeah...if youre a hunter maybe

Sounds bad, cause there are some classes/specs around that feeling pretty massy and got very low effort work, like monks.

But its okay, cause monks are getting ignored in every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    lets be honest . DF release date should be december but 2023 not 2022.

its gonna be enormous fiasco - it will take them a year after launch to untangle this mess.

what a complete joke - all so they can sell it by the end of Q4 2022.
    You want to spend over a year in a beta with no major systems to test other than the new talent trees - which are largely just iterations of mechanics that are in the game or have been in the past couple expansions? Meanwhile we just sit in SL season 4 where everyone got KSM in week 2 and 20+ of every key after a couple of months? Raiding raids that were already cleared?

I know you're probably a doomer that just wants the game to die so you can get on with your life, but at least try and make some sense.

You know reductio ad absurdum just invalidates your criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
    Dragonflight Class Design Progress Update
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We feel it would be useful to let everyone know where we are in the development of Dragonflight classes and talent design. With the next Beta/PTR build, we’re transitioning away from spending the majority of our time on the design iteration of the new talent trees, and we’re now primarily focused on fixing bugs and tuning the game. This includes balancing talent choices against each other and tuning the throughput of each class. We want to ensure that we release an expansion of the highest quality for this incredible community.

That being said, the new talent systems constitute a tremendous change to the game and represent a fundamental overhaul to how classes and specializations are customized by players. It is our expectation that we will be making adjustments based on your feedback throughout the expansion’s lifetime. We greatly appreciate all of your testing and feedback thus far, and we’re looking forward to delivering improvements to all of the talent trees in content updates throughout Dragonflight.
    It seems a bit early to consider the classes finished and limit yourself to "just tuning", don't ya think?
    I mean it's fine to limit customer expectations that way, but to limit yourself like that is asking for a major disappointment.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    I'm likely going to move to the new dragon race/class for this expansion, after BFA and Shadowlands I need something new to keep me playing.

While I think Blizz will keep iterating and tuning even after release I cant help but feel these are the same stale classes from SL with a shiny new UI.
    I hope you like healing then, the dd spec is very bland and simple and would have been one of the specs that would have deserved 2-3 months more of iteration.

ppl perma complaining about everything, yet ending up plaing 10h a day like they do in every other expansion.

There's a build I'll be fairly happy with on almost every spec, and some builds I'm really looking forward too, so I'm feeling pretty ok about most classes/specs. Some more than others- in particular I don't love the place Paladins are in right now, but overall I'm not surprised to see this announcement.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis