Page 1 of 3
LastLast

World PvP making a major comeback in Dragonflight (World PvP/ Warmode gear)

There will be a whole quest system in Warmode for world pvp that lets you buy "World PvP gear" with "bloody coins".
    The item level of this gear will be as good as the Arena gear.
    (i hope i got nothing wrong but this seems to be the case)

Video:

10+ Year Old Account
    This looks like a great initiative to have people be in Warmode, though, I am worried that it'll create a split in world players as one group has no problem going for it while another doesn't want to go warmode to get better world gear. I do expect/hope to see a cooldown/debuff to prevent abuse with camping graveyards and ganking the same character, or AFK account.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Huge fan of world PvP and do alot of it with my friends so it would be super nice to give a reason to do beyond just the fun of it.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down

Wo... and I already thought that something really happened there. Nothing new/interesting, WoD's scaling gear with few extra steps and has nothing to do with wPvP just tipical instanced/organized one (this fully follows from postscript below in gear's description window, "automation conditions" are imposed on that gear, it's corrupted on default, so - still bad as it was). It's certainly better than what was in recent years, but in essence it's just 2 steps back. And why not do 1 more in the same direction, since you still never got to the right one
    → (MoP = pvp-power + pvp-resilience)

Judging by the video, requirements for obtaining are very conditional/omissible, which means that same are "obligations/necessity" in choosing exactly "this" path, which a priori kills the only one thing that went hand in hand with "finally" (this gear doesn't really play in WM's favor) in previous messages. WM was and remains a virtual colander, it can't be fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    Either this is a whole world and everyone on the same terms, or it's sieve and everyone "playing own personal game".
    ps. Sleight of hand and nothing new/same mismatch in choosing right solution...
    - !No scaling! no matter which is the one -

Lochton
    I do expect/hope to see a cooldown/debuff to prevent abuse with camping graveyards and ganking the same character, or AFK account.
    This task has no solution within framework of wPvP, since it, due to exceptional property, based on "lack of direct game motivation" = you can fight if you want, but no one/nothing obliges you (this is direct wPvP; if game encouraged&abet, then it organizes, it means that certain conditions/restrictions are required and castle of glass is going to collapse - this isn't "PvP for open world", time "before advent of BG and arena" proved this more than once), so you'll lose nothing but time if you evade it. War with these windmills has been discussed more than once before and again after the time of "WM raids". Nothing has changed since then.
    MrLachyG
    kind of like Timeless Isle, but you get gear
    This is perhaps the closest to truth and brief description of what is happening... if not for postscript at gear descriptions' bottom
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2022-09-29 at 07:02 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

10+ Year Old Account
    This task has no solution within framework of wPvP, since it , due to exceptional property, based on "lack of direct game motivation" = you can fight if you want, but no one obliges you, so you'll lose nothing but time if you avade it. War with these windmills has been discussed more than once before and again after the time of "WM raids". Nothing has changed since then.
    Well, with Warmode Raids it is different as you were granted the honor, you will still be in DF but in the future, you will also get a currency that can be abused for farming more than some honor points.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    There will be a whole quest system in Warmode for world pvp that lets you buy "World PvP gear" with "bloody coins".
    The item level of this gear will be as good as the Arena gear.
    (i hope i got nothing wrong but this seems to be the case)

Video:
    kind of like Timeless Isle, but you get gear

They need to fix warnode first... so long as one raid group can control a shard it's never going to evolve past the cluster fuck it currently is.

A better solution though an imperfect one would be to force pvpers to be ffa. Make it so they are unable to group and run a real risk of betrayal similar to blood coins or champion of znoth.

Until you do world pvp will only ever be solo players shifted to an enemy faction raid shard.

5+ Year Old Account
    As long was warmode exists there will be no real world pvp. The playerbase is split up, which ruins the game.

Instead they should simply create certain subzones where pvp is enabled.

They had it right in Legion (like so many other things): you had certain parts of the zones that were ffa pvp zones. THAT was fun. And nobody asked for Warmode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time will tell but I think the only thing you got wrong is that world PVP will be making a big comeback.

The fact is most people who don't PVP in the open world DON'T. LIKE. IT. Incentives are unlikely to matter.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2022-09-28 at 06:10 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I'm happy with what they're doing here. Getting gear specifically from world pvp is new and if it encourages more people to be murderhobos, then all the better. It's also good to have an option for pvp gear other than arena (even though arena solo shuffle is also a fine option).

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    A better solution though an imperfect one would be to force pvpers to be ffa.
    That would be lovely but I don't see how it would work. You can't exclude people from pvp just because they're in a raid, because then people would exploit it to avoid pvp.

What might work is a nzoth like toy that would give you a large bonus on blood coin drops while you are using it, but it would have to work differently than the nzoth toy and make you attackable also by other people using it.

Happy for pvpers but no, thanks. The only time I turned WM on again after 200 years in a PvP server was to find groups for rares that gave mounts.

I’ll happily continue living in my carebear corner.

Love it! World PvP is my favorite thing

Will it be faction pvp or free for all?

PvP power
    PvP power and resilience is awful because it silos the game and the players. Much better to let players compete in all content by getting gear however they want.

(In other words, the devs seem to be making the right choice here)
    Last edited by Ashana Darkmoon; 2022-09-28 at 06:16 PM.

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    They need to fix warnode first... so long as one raid group can control a shard it's never going to evolve past the cluster fuck it currently is.

A better solution though an imperfect one would be to force pvpers to be ffa. Make it so they are unable to group and run a real risk of betrayal similar to blood coins or champion of znoth.

Until you do world pvp will only ever be solo players shifted to an enemy faction raid shard.
    As somebody who heavily enjoys Warmode world PvP, this is the first (and only imo) very valid point that should be addressed in terms of complaint. Even if they didn't want to go all the way, they could simply add lucrative incentives to turn on FFA and engage with members of their own faction.

Screw the lore. Let's kill eachother!
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

I'm happy with what they're doing here. Getting gear specifically from world pvp is new and if it encourages more people to be murderhobos, then all the better. It's also good to have an option for pvp gear other than arena (even though arena solo shuffle is also a fine option).

That would be lovely but I don't see how it would work. You can't exclude people from pvp just because they're in a raid, because then people would exploit it to avoid pvp.

What might work is a nzoth like toy that would give you a large bonus on blood coin drops while you are using it, but it would have to work differently than the nzoth toy and make you attackable also by other people using it.
    Why not exclude people in a raid? The wow servers purposely put multiple raid groups on different shards so it isnt like the big battle argument holds any weight anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Time will tell but I think the only thing you got wrong is that world PVP will be making a big comeback.

The fact is most people who don't PVP in the open world DON'T. LIKE. IT. Incentives are unlikely to matter.
    I'd say it could make a comeback in that it was fairly popular in BfA (because the theme was great for it and the rewards were amazing) and then it absolutely died on SL. So it may bounce back because people who have War Mode on will actually have a reason to engage with the opposite faction while in SL they had very little reason to do so.

Why not exclude people in a raid? The wow servers purposely put multiple raid groups on different shards so it isnt like the big battle argument holds any weight anymore.
    I was going to say because then you'll have people going into war mode and making raids just to be able to reap the benefits of warmode without having to ever engage in pvp, but yeah, actually it isn't such an issue since you can't do world quests in raids.

However people wanting to be in large groups to zerg would still be doing that, just without forming a raid. So I don't think it would solve much of anything either.

I wish there was a semi-automated or at least a greater incentive at forming groups in Warmode. Warmode is really fun when you make a party and then do it vs being ganked solo. Warmode was amazing back in Bfa whenever I made my own groups, but for some reason most people (Alliance) don't really think about it even when they type in chat "let's fight back" etc.

Maybe even if there is supposed to be some big open world event it should be possible where you can auto sign up and get invited to a raid, kind of like a mini Wintergrasp (ofc just limited to this event). On the other hand they should absolutely do something against people forming raids outside of that where they can just control and hard gank the whole zone.

And ofc the biggest issue with Warmode has always been, but especially in SL (nothing at all) and that is the lack of any kind of rewards.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2022-09-28 at 06:47 PM.

I was going to say because then you'll have people going into war mode and making raids just to be able to reap the benefits of warmode without having to ever engage in pvp, but yeah, actually it isn't such an issue since you can't do world quests in raids.

However people wanting to be in large groups to zerg would still be doing that, just without forming a raid. So I don't think it would solve much of anything either.
    It would be a lot harder to do. The issue with raids isn't really the large group part but the way shards work in wow. When a raid or large group enters it fills a shard so it becomes low priority and only allows singular players to zone into it.

You only see raid vs raid in the weird instance were there is only one shard. Usually a second one is spawned and separates the raids apart from each other when that happens.