Thread: Neutral AH

Neutral AH

So I play on an extremely lopsided server. I have played on the main faction of that server since just before the start of TBCC. I have several characters at 70, with professions and everything.

I would like to make a character on the opposite faction, just purely for fun. But I was wondering, is it against the rules to use the neutral AH to send myself stuff such as bags? I would like to help my new character as much as possible but don't want to break the rules.

Anyone know if doing this would be actionable?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kneehidude View Post
    So I play on an extremely lopsided server. I have played on the main faction of that server since just before the start of TBCC. I have several characters at 70, with professions and everything.

I would like to make a character on the opposite faction, just purely for fun. But I was wondering, is it against the rules to use the neutral AH to send myself stuff such as bags? I would like to help my new character as much as possible but don't want to break the rules.

you can do it but you run the risk of setting a buyout and someone else getting your shit.

Well, that's a risk I'm willing to take. Thanks for the info!

Well, that's a risk I'm willing to take. Thanks for the info!
    Sniping on the AH is the best and most satisfying PvP in WoW.
    One of my good friends did that a lot. And he got so many rage whispers
    And then he reported the angry dudes. And they both lost on the AH and got infracted. A double PvP win

It's not. You'll also need 2 accounts to do this, because if you try to buy an auction with a char from the same account you'll get "You can't buy your own auction" - at least it used to be like this many many years ago

To be honest, I'd just start a char on a server where the faction has people and just level mining. You'll make plenty of starter gold with the lowbie ores

There's also a way to dodge the snipers but it will cost you the AH cut twice (20% total). Say you want to transfer 4 bags that normally each cost 20g.
    On the new char post any item at 130g and buy it with your char. Then with the wealthy char post the bags at normal prices and buy them with the low one (since it now has money)
    Last edited by kranur; 2022-11-04 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Sniping on the AH is the best and most satisfying PvP in WoW.
    One of my good friends did that a lot. And he got so many rage whispers
    And then he reported the angry dudes. And they both lost on the AH and got infracted. A double PvP win
    Why did they get infracted? Cause they rage whispered him?

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    It's not. You'll also need 2 accounts to do this, because if you try to buy an auction with a char from the same account you'll get "You can't buy your own auction" - at least it used to be like this many many years ago

To be honest, I'd just start a char on a server where the faction has people and just level mining. You'll make plenty of starter gold with the lowbie ores

There's also a way to dodge the snipers but it will cost you the AH cut twice (20% total). Say you want to transfer 4 bags that normally each cost 20g.
    On the new char post any item at 130g and buy it with your char. Then with the wealthy char post the bags at normal prices and buy them with the low one (since it now has money)
    So selling junk for high gold to transfer money isn't actionable?

Bro, bots are going haywire, good luck having anyone monitoring and actioning on transferring a little gold to an alt on the opposite faction that is dead anyway.

People have been doing it for years on PvP servers. If they catch you they might give you a slap on the wrist, but I am sure they have bigger problems to worry with right now. I would say your safe
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Another popular way of transferring currency between factions and/or realms is via pets. Since the pet collection is account-wide, you can simply cage them from there and sell them on the other faction's/realm's AH from a fresh character. Of course it only really works well with pets that are in demand, but it's safe and easy.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Another popular way of transferring currency between factions and/or realms is via pets. Since the pet collection is account-wide, you can simply cage them from there and sell them on the other faction's/realm's AH from a fresh character. Of course it only really works well with pets that are in demand, but it's safe and easy.
    This isn't possible in classic.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Transfer gold over and buy with that. Just set some grey junk item to whatever amount on your alt and have a friend buy that item with your main's gold. Just the issue that the Neutral AH has a bigger gold sink on its tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    This isn't possible in classic.
    Oh my bad, I thought they had pet collection as well. Guess not!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Oh my bad, I thought they had pet collection as well. Guess not!
    It's when it was first added. You could add pets but not remove yet..
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Why did they get infracted? Cause they rage whispered him?
    Yep, whispered a lot of abuse and banned words. Double whammy: Lost precious items and got banned. Best pvp.

No it's not. But you have to remember the Fee on the Neutral AH is significantly higher than on the Faction AH. So I would think twice about doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrel8490 View Post
    So I would think twice about doing this.
    ....it's the only way to transfer gold cross-faction.