View Poll Results: Will you play the new wannabe dragons?

Voters
319. This poll is closed
  • Yes

182 57.05%
  • No

137 42.95%
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I actually really like both the dragon form and the visage forms of Drac'thyr and would actually really like to play one but whenever I start putting one together on wowhead (or more recently on beta) the armor customization just kills my enjoyment instantly. I really enjoy lightly RP crafting a character before playing it - IE figuring out basic characteristics, personal, customizing the character looks, and finding an appropriate transmog for them. The super limited armor options make every Drac'thyr feel the same to me so far, and trying to match shoulders, belts, and tabards with the preset armor available to Drac'thyr is an absolute nightmare. I might end up finding something I like after trying for a while but this is by far the hardest time I have ever had in getting excited for playing a new race and it's a shame it is completely unrelated to the way they actually look.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    I don't think they look extremely awful... but they look weird.

What bothers me is that they have these in game, which I'm 100% sure are discarded ideas for the actual race (as they're just Worgen/Draenei remodels).... and could have easily been just body type options for them:

They arnt discarded ideas for the race.. they are a type of NPC in the exapnsion, why do you think these were discarded ideas for the race? Especially since the bottom is literally just an updated model version of the old dragonkin brutes models we had before.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

we have female blood elf demon hunters that look sixteen years old flying and jumping around with eye laser beams or titan griping as warriors, also orc and tauren casters

race look has nothing to do with class or spells, they could put wings on those guys and it would look fine

nobody wants to take away the sex cult lizards, people just want a body type that doesnt look and feel anatomically wrong added

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    They arnt discarded ideas for the race.. they are a type of NPC in the exapnsion, why do you think these were discarded ideas for the race? Especially since the bottom is literally just an updated model version of the old dragonkin brutes models we had before.
    Drakonids are literally a discarded race idea.
    Metzen/blizzard wanted them way back in Classic and then Cataclysm. They, along with Naga, have skeletons for their races just like the playable races do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    How on Earth did it cross your mind I'm supporting the idea that the Drac'thyr is/will be a commonly liked race? I've said no such thing. I've simply asked for metrics that would indicate the opposite is true, and I wasn't given any of note. As for my own opinion, I don't care if it's commonly liked or not. I know how I feel about them and I don't need any kind of validation in the "community" (has to be the silliest word in the world, considering all this "community" is doing is arguing and bickering; what a community indeed).
    Then there is a misunderstanding, because u was asking for exactly the same thing and have roughly the same perspective on the drac'thyr bar the part where i consider them to fit in. ^^
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I don't think not playing them is a real choice, since they are extremely overpowered with every kind of Utility shoved up their asses. Which really isn't surprising considering they are the main selling point of DF. Next expansion they will be nerfed into the ground and be nigh unplayable, much like the DH became in BFA.

But for players that want to push higher keystones and raids I don't think there is a lot speaking for playing another class. Especially if that class is one of those that Blizzard couldn't be arsed to finish before launch or that they consider unworthy of the whole Utility package that was given to other classes this expansion.

I am not liking the optics of the Evoker at all, neither the snake bodies nor the human female model they are forced to wear instead of you know, allow choice being a thing. But this is what Blizzard has decided and they are dying on the hill that they know it all best, so there we are.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    But not for their size. Either troll, obtuse on purpose, or somehow missing the entire point.
    How big should they be for there size then? Because they are about the same hight as zandalari and more or less the same size with body 4 and both them and zandalari are notably less wide then say orcs or goats even though they are taller.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

There’s saying you don’t like something, and then there’s saying that the Dracthyr “barely make it to lizard people”.
    Someone stating he doesn't like something you do, it is not over the top.

The lizards being closer to Sethrak than drakonid it's not our fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    Someone stating he doesn't like something you do, it is not over the top.

The lizards being closer to Sethrak than drakonid it's not our fault.
    Another over-top opinion, since Dracthyr are dragons, not lizards.

I don't get why people think width scales with height at the same rate. Someone who is +50% as tall as me will not be equally as wide.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    I don't think they look extremely awful... but they look weird.

What bothers me is that they have these in game, which I'm 100% sure are discarded ideas for the actual race (as they're just Worgen/Draenei remodels).... and could have easily been just body type options for them:

The second one looks so fucking good omg

- - - Updated - - -

The point of that they look more like Lizards than dragons and that opinion is not over the top at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    How big should they be for there size then? Because they are about the same hight as zandalari and more or less the same size with body 4 and both them and zandalari are notably less wide then say orcs or goats even though they are taller.
    I think approx 1/4 more than what they currently are. Roughly.

I'm going to be playing multiples of them because I can finally play a male that doesn't look like it injected so many steroids their arms look like they're about to burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    I'm going to be playing multiples of them because I can finally play a male that doesn't look like it injected so many steroids their arms look like they're about to burst.
    Bloodelves were a thing before already

Dragons, as they appear in warcraft, are prototypical flying reptiles that breath fire. So, however you spin lizards' relation to reptiles defeats your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Bloodelves were a thing before already
    True, but why do all the males have scoliosis?! The main reason I could never play a male belf, and why I have to play a female Drac'thyr.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiphon View Post
    The caster dragonkin models in vanilla BRS, Obsidian Sanctum etc. are quite slim, more so than the thicker Dracthyr options (though being four legged creatures their lower bodies are somewhat wide). Drakes are also reasonably slim and I guess it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for Deathwing to have had drakes in mind when he made the Dracthyr, they do kina look like bipedal drakes if you think about it.
    The caster dragonkin model in vanilla BRS is a female dragonspawn. She has boobs.

Drakes are not different species. They are adolescent dragons, older than whelps but younger than dragons.

- - - Updated - - -

The second one is absolutely awful (for the class that Drac'thyr is). That thing flying over the battlefield spewing fire would look ridiculous. That model would work well with a melee type of class; it looks big, lumbering and slow, so just give it an axe to swing. But that's not the Evoker.
    Dragons are big and look just fine while flying. Same goes for Doomlords, Dreadlords and Kil'jaeden.

Quote Originally Posted by Auburst View Post
    Dragons are big and look just fine while flying. Same goes for Doomlords, Dreadlords and Kil'jaeden.
    Maybe to you. To me, they look god awful, exaggerated to the point of absurdity. I couldn't be happier that Blizzard didn't go that way. Bless them, bless them!

Maybe to you. To me, they look god awful, exaggerated to the point of absurdity. I couldn't be happier that Blizzard didn't go that way. Bless them, bless them!
    Good for you then and bad for all those who expected and wanted to play true to wow art style dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Big enough to have the same height:width as both human races do at minimum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I don't get why people think width scales with height at the same rate. Someone who is +50% as tall as me will not be equally as wide.
    Which is exactly how humans work… or do you think this “dragon” race is human?

I can't main one because I think the Dracthyr form looks horrendous. There is not a trace of Warcraft style on these creepy things and their running animation is comic at best. They obviously are seeking to appeal to a generation of players that's mainly paying in other games like Final Fantasy, Genshin and/or interested in similar art styles.

I also find the lack of a third black dragon themed tank spec a surprising miss, considering everything about their presentation implies front line shock troops. (Their story, armor and setting.)

I'm willing to overlook the reused humanoid models, but this thing is supposed to be a flagship of the expansion, it's at the forefront of their marketing, yet it didn't get a unique and inspiring treatment for its draconic form, which is also a reuse. Yeah, they do have a billion minor superficial customization options many of which are only noticeable if you stand still, zoom in and examine closely.

So while I'm interested in the general idea: dragonkin warriors imbued with the powers of all aspects, bred to be Neltharion's elite force, the execution is lacking in every aspect. Blizzard are consistent, however, in turning their titles colorful and cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.