What else should I do to prepare for WotLK ?

Level 70 DK
    Mining 350
    Jewelcraft 350
    First Aid 350
    200 gold
    slow flying

I don't plan to play Cataclysm classic.
    Only buy a Titansteel Destroyer and tank WotLK heroics.
    No need to farm tons of extra gold, collecting mounts/pets or anything like that.

We'll, some of the later crafted BOE's from raids could be costly. But you can earn a lot of gold anyway. Just imagine the gold from grinding hodir daylies or whatever.

Consider other proff than mining due to proff bonus in wotlk but meeh who cares ^^
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Don't think you need anything to prepare. You can just take the game in stride, it's not like anything but HM are even remotely difficult in WotLK.

If you're a DK, it can be quite beneficial to prepare some group quests for Wotlk, stacking your entire questlog with group quests ready to turn in can be quite the huge XP boost.

Obviously also an option for non DK's, altough those characters might have completed already a bunch of max level group quests.

Cooking and Fishing is pretty worthwhile in WOTLK, cooking in particular is also really easy to level.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    If you're a DK, it can be quite beneficial to prepare some group quests for Wotlk, stacking your entire questlog with group quests ready to turn in can be quite the huge XP boost.
    I remember this trick.
    How many bars (1 bar is 5%) can you get for turning in all 25 quests?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just farm gold, you going to need it for enchants and other stuff like gems.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    I remember this trick.
    How many bars (1 bar is 5%) can you get for turning in all 25 quests?
    Depends on what quests you turn in.

You need 1,5M XP from 70 to 71, Elite / 5man / dungeon quests award around 20-30k XP, so let's just take the middle road and say 25k per quest.

25k*25 = 625k.

So you skip around 40% of the first level by preparing 25 (high XP) quests.
    Obviously involves a bit of travelling to turn them all in, but that should around 10-15min at most if you have epic flying.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2022-09-19 at 02:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My goals for WOTLK are complete.

1000g
    280% flying
    Mining/Skins 375

Secondary goals of finishing off Netherwing Grind and obviously stacking more $$$. I have no intent on trying to fill my quest log with 25 quests, questing in Wrath is pretty easy for the most part from what I remember.

coming week I plan on whoring my paladin out to GDKPs in the hopes I can get more $$$ going into Wrath. Maybe get a decent shield that isn't the PVP one.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

200g is super low when you can get 250g/day with just one hour~ of SSO dailies, so you might want to stock up a bit more there (even though I can completely understand that it get's super stale pretty fast).

Even though it's questionable if you even need gold for enchants and other consumables when you really just want to do heroics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Level 70 DK
    Mining 350
    Jewelcraft 350
    First Aid 350
    200 gold
    slow flying

I don't plan to play Cataclysm classic.
    Only buy a Titansteel Destroyer and tank WotLK heroics.
    No need to farm tons of extra gold, collecting mounts/pets or anything like that.
    you won't be doing that for about a month if not more, unless they make the profession cooldowns disappear like they did at the end of wrath originally you'll be waiting on making a titansteel bar AT MINIMUM 2 weeks, but more likely a month or more due to the scarcity of titanium nodes for making titanium bars, or you are forced to use a daily transmute to turn saronite into titanium from an alchemist which prohibits them from the other massive gold making end game transmute, which you will be hard pressed to find anyone willing to give up unless you pay over the odds for it.

as far as first aid is concerned, make sure you farm enemies in sholozar basin for the recipe drop necessary to unlock northrend first aid, you're gonna need to farm a metric ton of gold if you plan to make use of jewelcrafting as every single recipe requires your daily cooldowns and special currencies, so good luck maxing that without spending a fortune or hours and hours of time grinding, and while you don't need epic flying, it will greatly help your ability to gather materials necessary for crafting so up to you if you plan to invest in that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    you won't be doing that for about a month if not more, unless they make the profession cooldowns disappear like they did at the end of wrath originally you'll be waiting on making a titansteel bar AT MINIMUM 2 weeks, but more likely a month or more due to the scarcity of titanium nodes for making titanium bars, or you are forced to use a daily transmute to turn saronite into titanium from an alchemist which prohibits them from the other massive gold making end game transmute, which you will be hard pressed to find anyone willing to give up unless you pay over the odds for it.
    You are wrong.
    My server has tons of Titansteel Destroyer in AH.

My server is not a busy server. No queue.