Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Cinema's are dead

Tbh i don't really know if cinemas are a thing now I haven't seen quality movies even marvel makes bad movies man

The local cinema here is doing well, The VUE, €5 for a ticket.

Some people prefer the atmosphere over home sitting.

Theatres means having to put pants on

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    Theatres means having to put pants on
    You can always take them off after they dim the lights.

Last movie I saw in the theater was End Game, and the last non-marvel movie I saw was Jurassic World. The first one. And these days, I dont have anyone to go with and no means to get to a theater. So End Game will very likely be the last theater experience I have. Good one to end on though.

"everything everywhere all at once" was a great theatre experience.

My city hasn't had a theater since like..fuck I don't even remember how long it's been. Haven't felt the need to go to the next city over to go to the movies either. The last time I was actually in a movie theater was to see Star Wars Episode III with my Dad.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

In my countries the open cinemas are flourishing, it is a very good experience tbh.

I have a regal theater within a 5 minute drive from my house. Last movie I saw was Spiderman: no way home with my son during a midday matinee on a school day. Place was practically empty. It was awesome.

I know during the height of the lockdowns they were renting the individual theaters to private parties for whatever the party wanted projected, including personal consoles.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    there's one about 10-15 min walk from me. It definitely isn't dead, cinema was packed when I went to see Spider-Man NWH at a midnight screening. it was great!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by will232 View Post
    Tbh i don't really know if cinemas are a thing now I haven't seen quality movies even marvel makes bad movies man
    you don't really know if cinemas are a thing now... so you assume they are all dead? have you been to a cinema recently? do you know what one is? also, plenty of quality movies have come out recently... that's definitely a you thing.

I go to the cinema maybe 8-10 times a year, depending on how many good movies are released in a year. Pre-pandemic I would also go to the theater -- plays and musicals -- 2-3 times a year (pre-pandemic, because live productions haven't restarted yet in my area). Life just isn't the same if you do everything in your living room.

My partner and I also go to the "Director's Club" cinemas, which is basically just the cinema experience with giant individual lazy boy chairs and tons of personal space. Very nice experience. I can't imagine watching a movie like Dune anywhere other than a cinema screen.

I really can't see cinemas ever "dying", because people want to go out and have experiences, even if that experience is just sitting down and watching a movie on a giant screen.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2022-09-30 at 01:17 PM.

With top gun becoming one of the top grossing movies of all time, movie theaters are fine.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    With top gun becoming one of the top grossing movies of all time, movie theaters are fine.
    It’s currently at number 11, Spider-Man NWH is at number 6 and it’s less than a year old

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean Top Gun isn't Marvel and I saw that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I think the biggest issue is Tickets cost $15-20 each and then Popcorn and drinks for 4 cost easily $80.00 so to go to a movie theatre it costs us like $200.00 so yeah the whole $20.00 rental at home sounds way better to me in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    It’s currently at number 11, Spider-Man NWH is at number 6 and it’s less than a year old
    OK and? Idk what your post has to do with mine.

Idk the idea of paying for a movie theater ticket is lawl. The *experience* is such bullshit. Just the tagline they use to sell you on why you should see xyz in a theater.

It's a completely irrelevant and unnecessary luxury, except unlike most luxury's you have to share this space with peoples families and their kids? Fuckkkk that. And fuck your kids and their loudass nonsense in the middle of a movie lmao.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    OK and? Idk what your post has to do with mine.
    I was agreeing with you. 2 movies in the last year cracking the top 11 of all time is a definitive sign that cinemas are not dead

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more comfortable at home, theres no annoying people there (apart from me) and I can eat, pause and piss whenever I feel like it.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I was agreeing with you. 2 movies in the last year cracking the top 11 of all time is a definitive sign that cinemas are not dead
    Ohh I'm sorry.

I wasn't sure what you were trying to get at, honestly I thought it was some kind of "Spiderman" is better post lol!