Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Druid players can access the Emerald Dream without sleeping during Legion, as their "order hall" exists in the Emerald Dream. In Legion, too, players of all classes enter the Emerald Dream through a portal in Val'Sharah.
    Val'sharah is not the Emerald Dream.

Even if there are multiple ways to get into a domain, it doesn't mean the Emerald Dream isn't a dream. You don't die in order to reach the Shadowlands, do you? Doesn't mean it's not the afterlife.

Except I never argued "heaven and hell", so your point here is meaningless.
    Then, you didn't have multiple afterlives hinted by the Shadowlands prior to 2019.

One, we have absolutely zero idea about what the "plane of life" is, how it looks like, or how big itis.
    Second, we don't even know if it has a pantheon of its own, to begin with.
    That's exactly what holds a potential for an Emerald Dream expansion. And the pantheon was hinted at in the Grimoire of the Shadowlands.

Again, we don't even know if a "pantheon of life" even exists. I'll repeat: what you got in that image are nothing but the personal musings of a Cartel Ta broker.
    You do realize this is a game, right? It's not the actual thoughts of a Broker. A developer sat down and put it in to hint and what's to come next. They do this "personal opinion" stuff to not be held accountable for any retcons in the future.

Okay, that image is irrelevant. Because it's a single snippet of a single moment in a single area without a single bit of lore text in it. You're literally proving my point that the Broken Isles has remained tucked in a dark corner of the franchise's lore, never touched upon until the Legion expansion.
    That image shows what we knew of the Broken Isles. Never had anyone throught it was something more than just that. That's exactly what you have with the Emerald Dream. Just a small patch of an entire realm. You just haven't seen the rest of the realm just like you haven't seen the rest of the Isles.

One content patch, one singular mid-expansion tier.
    Exhilirating. Is that what the plane of Life deserves? A single patch?

We don't know. But not knowing that information does not mean your answer is automatically right.
    We do know. It' shown on the map and it's called the Emerald Dream. No reason the Shadowlands would represent Death as a whole but the Emerald Dream wouldn't.

Did you honestly fail to notice that your examples are literally examples of "making things into what they are not"? Draenor was literally destroyed and corrupted. Azeroth was nearly broken and ravaged by cataclysmic events.
    And still, pristine and preserved areas remain. Not all were fallen to destruction and chaos. And they still managed to reimagine a place so you could do it again, differently.

Like I said: we don't know. We know literally zero about this "plane of life", or even if it actually exists to begin with.
    Are you for real? There isn't a plane of Life?
    They're slowly but surely building towards it. First, by mentioning it in the Grimoire of the Shadowlands and associating Elune with it. I bet Dragonflight would expand it even more.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    What is this from?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlhero View Post
    Unrelated, but Argus should've been an expansion.
    So full expansion worth of black, green and lava?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    What is this from?
    Shadowlands Chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Why though? Ethereals can make biodomes after all. Could have had a massive city with the palace of the Triumvirate and make it the capital of the Eredar. Massive Biodome protecting it from the nether, use the Gold, Black, Red scheme we saw among the Sargerai in WoD. Have us infilitrate it like with Suramar. Could make it a mix of strategic center of operations and pleasure center for Legion commanders to have their fun when away from the front (torture palaces for the various demons). Keep a wasteland area with dangerous beasts were the broken scrape a living only to be raided on occasion by the demons when they are low on souls. Keep Eredath as it was, abandoned by the demons due to the void naaru influence. Perhaps expand on other legion worlds through portals (imagine a system like Island Expeditions only instead of azerite and south seas we would be exploring Legion-controlled worlds and trying to gather information). Add a plot to explain why we are there for a longer time and manage to stand up to the Legion; perhaps things are not going as well as the propaganda says and the Legion is besieged by both the Void and the Light with the Golden Army being an actual army with a Tempest Keep structure in orbit and a foothold in the Antoran Wastes while the Void could have an Old God infested planetoid and a foothold in Eredath.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-10-10 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    What is this from?
    Grimoire of the Shadowlands.

The civilization of the Eredar. Preferably before the Legion got there.

The civilization of the Eredar. Preferably before the Legion got there.
    The planet has been blown up with Fel. There is nothing left.

Val'sharah is not the Emerald Dream.
    Right. I forgot that the druid's order hall was not actually in the Emerald Dream. My bad on that one. The rest of my point remains solid.

Even if there are multiple ways to get into a domain, it doesn't mean the Emerald Dream isn't a dream. You don't die in order to reach the Shadowlands, do you? Doesn't mean it's not the afterlife.
    True. But either way the Emerald Dream is still not an actual dream. Because people don't dream of "lush green forests" all the time. The Emerald Dream is an actual dimension that has been dubbed "Dream" because the green dragonflight and druids can access it through slumber.

Then, you didn't have multiple afterlives hinted by the Shadowlands prior to 2019.
    Yes. Yes, we have. Because we had mentions of the Vrykul afterlife during Wrath. In Legion, we had Helheim, which was the 'hell' for the vrykul, for example.

That's exactly what holds a potential for an Emerald Dream expansion. And the pantheon was hinted at in the Grimoire of the Shadowlands.
    It wasn't. The book was written entirely in the perspective of a broker, and the part about the 'pantheon of life' is nothing but conjecture of his part.

You do realize this is a game, right? It's not the actual thoughts of a Broker. A developer sat down and put it in to hint and what's to come next. They do this "personal opinion" stuff to not be held accountable for any retcons in the future.
    Except it literally is "the actual thoughts of a broker". Just because it's in that book doesn't mean it's fact and that it's "going to happen next". And, just to point out, you just debunked yourself with the part I put in bold. Because this "personal opinion" stuff means they cannot be held accountable if the predictions in the book don't come to pass.

That image shows what we knew of the Broken Isles. Never had anyone throught it was something more than just that. That's exactly what you have with the Emerald Dream. Just a small patch of an entire realm. You just haven't seen the rest of the realm just like you haven't seen the rest of the Isles.
    The problem with your example is that, like I said: "it's a single snippet of a single moment in a single area without a single bit of lore text in it." It's not comparable to the Emerald Dream because:
    • Unlike the Broken Isles, the Emerald Dream was constantly mentioned in many expansions and books.
    • Unlike the Broken Isles, the Emerald Dream remained relevant in one way or another throughout the nearly two decades.
    • Unlike the Broken Isles, we actually traveled the Emerald Dream several times. Many more if you're a druid.
    The Broken Isles was never developed past WC3. We never had any information about the Broken Isles being "nothing more than night elf ruins". We never had any information about the Broken Isles after WC3 period.

Exhilirating. Is that what the plane of Life deserves? A single patch?
    I'll repeat: the Emerald Dream is not the entirety of the plane of life.

We do know.
    We don't. I literally (and I'm using the word "literally" in its literal sense) just told you that me not knowing the answer does not make you automatically correct.

And still, pristine and preserved areas remain. Not all were fallen to destruction and chaos. And they still managed to reimagine a place so you could do it again, differently.
    That's irrelevant. Because I never said "making it into something it's not" means "chaos and destruction". You're getting confused, or you're intentionally trying to play word games here. The Outland/Draenor and pre-Cata/post-Cata Azeroth are examples of what I was saying about "making something into something else it's not".

They're slowly but surely building towards it. First, by mentioning it in the Grimoire of the Shadowlands and associating Elune with it. I bet Dragonflight would expand it even more.
    I guess we'll see.

- - - Updated - - -

Shadowlands Chronicles
    Actually, it's from the "Grimoire of the Shadowlands and Beyond" book, a book that is written by the viewpoint of a broker from the Cartel Ta.

Chronicles are written by the Titans (I believe).

The planet has been blown up with Fel. There is nothing left.
    Yeah, well... so was Draenor.

True. But either way the Emerald Dream is still not an actual dream. Because people don't dream of "lush green forests" all the time. The Emerald Dream is an actual dimension that has been dubbed "Dream" because the green dragonflight and druids can access it through slumber.
    And by chance it has an equivalent called the Nightmare?

Yes. Yes, we have. Because we had mentions of the Vrykul afterlife during Wrath. In Legion, we had Helheim, which was the 'hell' for the vrykul, for example.
    That's exactly what i was talking about last comment, yet you brushed it off. Heaven and hell are common depictions of afterlife.

It wasn't. The book was written entirely in the perspective of a broker, and the part about the 'pantheon of life' is nothing but conjecture of his part.
    It's developers seeding things in advance. Don't be so naive.

Except it literally is "the actual thoughts of a broker". Just because it's in that book doesn't mean it's fact and that it's "going to happen next". And, just to point out, you just debunked yourself with the part I put in bold. Because this "personal opinion" stuff means they cannot be held accountable if the predictions in the book don't come to pass.
    Brokers aren't real. The developer who sat behind the computer and wrote it is. And after they've learned of backlash, they're somewhat insuring themselves in advance.

The problem with your example is that, like I said: "it's a single snippet of a single moment in a single area without a single bit of lore text in it." It's not comparable to the Emerald Dream because:
    • Unlike the Broken Isles, the Emerald Dream was constantly mentioned in many expansions and books.
    • Unlike the Broken Isles, the Emerald Dream remained relevant in one way or another throughout the nearly two decades.
    • Unlike the Broken Isles, we actually traveled the Emerald Dream several times. Many more if you're a druid.
    The Broken Isles was never developed past WC3. We never had any information about the Broken Isles being "nothing more than night elf ruins". We never had any information about the Broken Isles after WC3 period.
    Dragons appeared since the beginning of the game and only recently did you learn of their elemental origins, not to mention the Dracthyr who were never mentioned before anywhere else but were apparently created by Neltharion thousands of years ago.

I'll repeat: the Emerald Dream is not the entirety of the plane of life.
    Then, a plane of Life holds more which could possibly constitute an expansion?

We don't. I literally (and I'm using the word "literally" in its literal sense) just told you that me not knowing the answer does not make you automatically correct.
    Then, what is the Emerald Dream to the plane of Life?

That's irrelevant. Because I never said "making it into something it's not" means "chaos and destruction". You're getting confused, or you're intentionally trying to play word games here. The Outland/Draenor and pre-Cata/post-Cata Azeroth are examples of what I was saying about "making something into something else it's not".
    So, they were wrong about making them? (Not talking about experience but lore-wise)

I guess we'll see.
    Soon enough. Shadowlands' ending and Dragonflight are hinting at Life themes.

If it wasn't half ravaged by the Legion.
    That's makes no sense. Why would you want to destroy your home base? Argus didn't even need to be invaded because two thirds of the eredar were complicit and the other third evacuated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    Why?

Did you see what happened with Shadowlands? The disconnection it felt from the story because you aren't going to anyone's home or world except where a fraction of WoW lore has been tied to until the expansion revealed more?

Yeah, that is Emerald Dream as well. We've seen a fraction of it through the druids, and we know that the dragons and satyr are part of it, nothing more.

After Shadowlands I've come to the conclusion that we shouldn't venture to celestial or power planes as a whole expansion.
    No, we know that it's a copy of Azeroth as it was when it was created. So it's an image of Azeroth pre-sundering.

What lives there? Just the dragons and native species.

Any corruption has been dealt with, either by us in game or in the literature.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    No, we know that it's a copy of Azeroth as it was when it was created. So it's an image of Azeroth pre-sundering.

You've saved an entire pre-sundering Azeroth?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post

The more I read into it, the nightmare doesn't seep away just because one asshole is gone. As well, the Drust connects to it, so, a threat there but that is not my point. From my experience with the Shadowlands, I don't think an expansion should be directed toward a niche realm, be it cosmic forces, or a backup system. Going Outland/Draenor makes more sense because we are more connected to it but the Dream, hardly anyone of our direct links are connected to it. The gateways are unstable, the Dreamway is limited to Druids, the Dragons don't wish to indulge too many about what is in there, and the Druids believe we don't deserve connection to it in the first place, and the Drust is more likely to frolic than show us the way. If we are to go there, it is for a short span of 1-2 patches before we, the champions, are told to "piss off".
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Patch, it'll be a zone like Argus, Timeless Isle, ToT Isle, etc but bigger (to fit the theme of DF (bigger!))

"My memory... since when? If everything is a dream, don't wake me." -Cloud Strife, Final Fantasy VII

According to our Oracle, The great wise, and never wrong Teriz the next expansion is 100% Yrel, because Nozdormu is in the next expansion, and the Maghar intro scenario talks about Yrel being evil. So how can this happen then? Emerald Dream does not fit Yrel at all. (obvious sarcasm, we can safely disregard it from happening)

While I'd love an Emerald Dream expansion, I would hope they add Thross with it, just so we have some different areas than just pristine Azeroth (which ED is)

And by chance it has an equivalent called the Nightmare?
    *sigh* The Emerald Nightmare is not an actual nightmare, just like the Emerald Dream is not an actual dream. The Nightmare is the name called to the corruption of the Emerald Dream created by the old gods.

It's developers seeding things in advance. Don't be so naive.
    I can give you a long laundry list of things the developers "seeded in advance" that never panned out at all, even after years. Until it's actually acted upon, musings of a character within Warcraft are just that: musings of a character within Warcraft.

Brokers aren't real. The developer who sat behind the computer and wrote it is. And after they've learned of backlash, they're somewhat insuring themselves in advance.
    Read above.

Dragons appeared since the beginning of the game and only recently did you learn of their elemental origins, not to mention the Dracthyr who were never mentioned before anywhere else but were apparently created by Neltharion thousands of years ago.
    Dragons have been in the spotlight in one way or another since the beginning of the game. And the expansion of their origin story does not change what we already knew of their origin in any way, shape or form, considering we never knew of the origins of the proto-dragons. And the Dracthyr did not exist in the lore until now, and the reason they were never even mentioned is explained in their starting experience: they were kept in secret.

Then, a plane of Life holds more which could possibly constitute an expansion?
    Maybe. Maybe not. We don't know.

Then, what is the Emerald Dream to the plane of Life?
    I already answered that question.

So, they were wrong about making them? (Not talking about experience but lore-wise)
    ... What are you even talking about?

Soon enough. Shadowlands' ending and Dragonflight are hinting at Life themes.
    I don't see how either can even hint at a hint at a hint to "life themes".

The more I read into it, the nightmare doesn't seep away just because one asshole is gone. As well, the Drust connects to it, so, a threat there but that is not my point. From my experience with the Shadowlands, I don't think an expansion should be directed toward a niche realm, be it cosmic forces, or a backup system. Going Outland/Draenor makes more sense because we are more connected to it but the Dream, hardly anyone of our direct links are connected to it. The gateways are unstable, the Dreamway is limited to Druids, the Dragons don't wish to indulge too many about what is in there, and the Druids believe we don't deserve connection to it in the first place, and the Drust is more likely to frolic than show us the way. If we are to go there, it is for a short span of 1-2 patches before we, the champions, are told to "piss off".
    And if it has something to do with saving Azeroth?

*sigh* The Emerald Nightmare is not an actual nightmare, just like the Emerald Dream is not an actual dream. The Nightmare is the name called to the corruption of the Emerald Dream created by the old gods.
    No shit. Yet, it affects mortals' dreams as well. If i'm not wrong, during the Cataclysm, in the Stormrage novel i think, the Emerald Nightmare threatened to consume Azeroth and many characters experienced nightmares due to it.

I can give you a long laundry list of things the developers "seeded in advance" that never panned out at all, even after years. Until it's actually acted upon, musings of a character within Warcraft are just that: musings of a character within Warcraft.
    That can also happen. But, if you take it lightly to begin with, you won't know what'd be coming.

Read above.
    Read it. If you wish to act all oblivious about it, then that's your choice.

Dragons have been in the spotlight in one way or another since the beginning of the game. And the expansion of their origin story does not change what we already knew of their origin in any way, shape or form, considering we never knew of the origins of the proto-dragons. And the Dracthyr did not exist in the lore until now, and the reason they were never even mentioned is explained in their starting experience: they were kept in secret.
    Not from the other aspects. Malygos helped entrap them.

Maybe. Maybe not. We don't know.
    Finally, some progress.

I already answered that question.
    I don't recall. Anyway, if they decide to make it just a portion of the plane of Life, that plane still holds the potential for more than just a patch.

... What are you even talking about?
    You said they've changed something into something it's not, implying that it is wrong (like you claim for the Emerald Dream).

I don't see how either can even hint at a hint at a hint to "life themes".
    That's because you don't analyse the things that are happening. As i said, you rather stay oblivious. Zereth Mortis, the Dragonflight cinematic, the Emerald Gardens. All point to future Life themes.

10+ Year Old Account
    And if it has something to do with saving Azeroth?
    We, the players, have already been told that we, our actions, hardly have an impression within the Dream and that only druidic races and dragons hold a complete connection with the Emerald Dream. We are treated like the kind that if we aren't of that connection, then we should be there at the bare minimum, they had no issue with us stomping around in the Nightmare section (though we saw a fraction of it) and even there we realized we weren't all-powerful, and that the Nightmare could twist anyone. If we were to get a Nightmare expansion, which leaves things a little empty of names, we would need for it to be fed by something, and sprout INTO our world, as it did in Val'sharah, as the World Trees, Dreamway, Dream Portals are conduits, even if burned down, destroyed or replanted, and then the Emerald Dream w/ Nightmare should be a patch or two like the Molten Front in Cataclysm, meanwhile, we are to get around in an updated world, handling the crisis of the nightmare as there are A LOT of druidic species on Azeroth, and a lot of shrines in honor of the Dream, thus a possibility of spreading the curse of the Nightmare, meanwhile our World Trees are turned into a hellish blanket of purple and red, consuming and converting, distorting the view of life and people.

In such a view, we would basically have an expansion that connects the factions in contact with Furbolgs, Dryads, Centaurs, Nature Elementals, Nightmare-corrupted beings, D.E.T.H.A, Cenarion Circle, The myriad of Druid schools (Antler, Claw, Fang, Wild, Talon, Grove, Saber), maybe even expand on an old story from Cataclysm where we need to seek out hidden members of the Flame in attempt to recruit them against the Nightmare - maybe seek out the other unwanted groups like 'Pack' which is where Worgen originally are from, there is no one saying there couldn't be more of this mind somewhere.

Such an expansion could include that of Winterspring, Felwood, Ashenvale, Darkshore, Feralas, the ruins of Teldrassil, Hyjal, Duskwood, Hinterlands, Val'sharah, Moonglade, Swamp of Sorrows, Desolace, and Grizzly Hills - I have most likely missed some with large Druidic population, or World Tree, or Dream portal. And a patch adventure to the heart of the Nightmare (Again). Heck, not to mention that the Nightmare could possibly spread through Thros and thus to Drustvar, but there is room for development there too, considering that the Drust are not followers of the Nightmare, I would almost see them fight against the Nightmare with us, or against us.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2022-10-11 at 08:26 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

We, the players, have already been told that we, our actions, hardly have an impression within the Dream and that only druidic races and dragons hold a complete connection with the Emerald Dream. We are treated like the kind that if we aren't of that connection, then we should be there at the bare minimum, they had no issue with us stomping around in the Nightmare section (though we saw a fraction of it) and even there we realized we weren't all-powerful, and that the Nightmare could twist anyone. If we were to get a Nightmare expansion, which leaves things a little empty of names, we would need for it to be fed by something, and sprout INTO our world, as it did in Val'sharah, as the World Trees, Dreamway, Dream Portals are conduits, even if burned down, destroyed or replanted, and then the Emerald Dream w/ Nightmare should be a patch or two like the Molten Front in Cataclysm, meanwhile, we are to get around in an updated world, handling the crisis of the nightmare as there are A LOT of druidic species on Azeroth, and a lot of shrines in honor of the Dream, thus a possibility of spreading the curse of the Nightmare, meanwhile our World Trees are turned into a hellish blanket of purple and red, consuming and converting, distorting the view of life and people.

In such a view, we would basically have an expansion that connects the factions in contact with Furbolgs, Dryads, Centaurs, Nature Elementals, Nightmare-corrupted beings, D.E.T.H.A, Cenarion Circle, The myriad of Druid schools (Antler, Claw, Fang, Wild, Talon, Grove, Saber), maybe even expand on an old story from Cataclysm where we need to seek out hidden members of the Flame in attempt to recruit them against the Nightmare - maybe seek out the other unwanted groups like 'Pack' which is where Worgen originally are from, there is no one saying there couldn't be more of this mind somewhere.

Such an expansion could include that of Winterspring, Felwood, Ashenvale, Darkshore, Feralas, the ruins of Teldrassil, Hyjal, Duskwood, Hinterlands, Val'sharah, Moonglade, Swamp of Sorrows, Desolace, and Grizzly Hills - I have most likely missed some with large Druidic population, or World Tree, or Dream portal. And a patch adventure to the heart of the Nightmare (Again). Heck, not to mention that the Nightmare could possibly spread through Thros and thus to Drustvar, but there is room for development there too, considering that the Drust are not followers of the Nightmare, I would almost see them fight against the Nightmare with us, or against us.
    An Emerald Dream expansion doesn't need to be a Druidic expansion just like Shadowlands didn't turn out to be a Death Knight expansion. Yeah, there would be one or two zones you are familiar with that deal with Druidism, like the Emerald Dream and Nightmare, but there can be other places that are less Druidic in nature. For example, take Bastion and Ardenweald. Hardly Deathish in nature. Therefore, one could make a zone for Thros, the Blighted lands which would be all grey and depressive and would deal with loss and regret. There could be a zone for the Incubuses and Succubuses, which would deal with themes of temptation and lust. You could get really creative with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Did you miss the part of the video where Taliesin states that Shadowlands also should have been a Patch? His point is that the content was stretched too thin for an expansion, and that caused a lot of issues with Shadowlands.
    A massive amount of content was quite obviously cut in Shadowlands. If they were more competent and didn't let the Activision board direct the game based on whale behavior. At a certain point people must see they cater to the token sales and what that crowd values in-game $$$$$.

Yet, it affects mortals' dreams as well. If i'm not wrong, during the Cataclysm, in the Stormrage novel i think, the Emerald Nightmare threatened to consume Azeroth and many characters experienced nightmares due to it.
    Can you show some evidence that the Emerald Nightmare affects mortals' dreams? And druids not count, mind you, for obvious reasons.

That can also happen. But, if you take it lightly to begin with, you won't know what'd be coming.
    There's a big difference between "this could happen" and "this will happen". One is a statement of possibility, the other is a statement of fact. You're taking the book as fact, not possibility.

Not from the other aspects. Malygos helped entrap them.
    Nozdormu didn't seem to know about their existence, if memory serves.

I don't recall. Anyway, if they decide to make it just a portion of the plane of Life, that plane still holds the potential for more than just a patch.
    Then perhaps read my previous answers.

You said they've changed something into something it's not, implying that it is wrong (like you claim for the Emerald Dream).
    It's not my opinion, but there's a decent number of players who say that the world revamp of Azeroth was a bad thing, isn't there?

That's because you don't analyse the things that are happening. As i said, you rather stay oblivious. Zereth Mortis, the Dragonflight cinematic, the Emerald Gardens. All point to future Life themes.
    None of that does. You're just naming random names as if they mean something. How about you explain how you think Zereth Mortis, the DF opening cinematic, and the Emerald Gardens point to what you claim they're pointing instead of just asserting they do?

10+ Year Old Account
    An Emerald Dream expansion doesn't need to be a Druidic expansion just like Shadowlands didn't turn out to be a Death Knight expansion.
    Shadowlands was a Death Knight connected expansion, for else we wouldn't be able to get there. The Emerald Nightmare is completely the same, heck, even more so, because it is specifically Druidic and Green Dragon connected, unlike Shadowlands which is also Loa, Shaman, Wild Gods, Night Elf, etc.

Yeah, there would be one or two zones you are familiar with that deal with Druidism, like the Emerald Dream and Nightmare, but there can be other places that are less Druidic in nature. For example, take Bastion and Ardenweald. Hardly Deathish in nature. Therefore, one could make a zone for Thros, the Blighted lands which would be all grey and depressive and would deal with loss and regret. There could be a zone for the Incubuses and Succubuses, which would deal with themes of temptation and lust. You could get really creative with this.
    But no? Emerald Dream is a blank of Azeroth, and the Nightmare is slowly consuming it. Thros has nothing to do with regret or hell or even Nightmare, it is a pathway just like the Dreamway, where the Drust found refuge.

Emerald Dream screams druidic content. And it would make more sense that we contain and push back, and then with assistance make a precision strike at the heart of the nightmare (again, it seems) if there is something feeding on the Dream.

The Drust would do theirs to keep the Nightmare away from them, and inadvertently, defend the Nightmare from getting to Shadowlands or Drustvar, or where ever else it connects.

The Succubuses and Incubus aren't from Thros, the Dream, or the Nightmare, they are Demons, and I believe they are connected to Outland? Are you thinking of the Satyr? The cursed Night Elves without a leader?

WoW, as we know, doesn't have layers of hell, we have realms of connection, and temptation and lust are Revendreth.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2022-10-11 at 04:59 PM.