Does Facebook hide messages from strangers?

As Facebook has no official support I'll try my luck here to see if anyone knows.

No, I'm not a stranger, haha. But I have been in need of contacting people with similar names because sensitive e-mails meant for them keep being sent to me (first initial.last name@gmail.com) and I want to notify them of it. It's like 5 different people, who also have Facebook accounts and were easy to find. The worst thing I received was a PDF from, supposedly, one person's boss with sensitive numbers that said "DO NOT SHOW ANY EXTERNAL PARTY!".

The problem is, I never get a response. It never even gets read. It's not only these people as well, but also people I met at parties and I want to tell something through Facebook, but not necessarily add them as a friend.

Is Facebook hiding messages from strangers, or what's going on? I don't think I've ever received a response when I've messaged someone I'm not friends with, or have the messages read.

5+ Year Old Account
    They probably think you're trying to scam them lol.

Yes, facebook does indeed hide messages from strangers in a separate section that you have to manually go to that most prob dont know exist. I missed messages from people i knew cause they didnt send me a friend request person. Send friend requests first

That depends on your privacy settings. But in most cases the answer would be yes.

But first of all the question, why you didn't respond to the emails in the first place, when you have a serious breach of compliance?
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2022-11-13 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    That depends on your privacy settings. But in most cases the answer would be yes.

But first of all the question, why you didn't respond to the emails in the first place, when you have a serious breach of compliance?
    I do, but I kepe getting different e-mails from different companies all the time. Most of the time it's innocent things like online orders or new membership confirmation, but from time to time I get actual e-mails from colleagues, friends and such. it's been like this for over a decade.

I used to get texts telling me to show up here or there for photoshoots. After one that directed me to wear stilettoes and a bikini I called them to ask who they were meaning to send those texts to. I'm a dude.