Should dungeon trash be included into the dungeon journal?

Why? In raid instances, trash is not worth mentioning. One thing is that trash often includes a boss ability in any form (so one can see those abilities before facing the boss) and clearing it is in no way part of the challenge. Wiping to trash may happen but no raid group has ever stopped a raid event because "Let's stop here, the trash is too hard!"

On the other hand, trash in mythic+ dungeons ARE a threat, especially on fortified weeks. Wiping to a trash group can result in an expired timer. To understand trash in a dungeon, we should add their abilites to the dungeon journal.

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Why? In raid instances, trash is not worth mentioning. One thing is that trash often includes a boss ability in any form (so one can see those abilities before facing the boss) and clearing it is in no way part of the challenge. Wiping to trash may happen but no raid group has ever stopped a raid event because "Let's stop here, the trash is too hard!"

On the other hand, trash in mythic+ dungeons ARE a threat, especially on fortified weeks. Wiping to a trash group can result in an expired timer. To understand trash in a dungeon, we should add their abilites to the dungeon journal.
    Information bloat is a risk here, putting it in might mean that it, along with the rest of the journal's contents, are less likely to reach a relevant players' attention.

Additionally m+'s repetitive nature makes it unnecessary; trash may wipe you incidentally from, say, +12, but you've already been able to get acquainted with it at lower levels.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I... Actually agree with this. Maybe not every random Mob, but the special ones with deadly abilities, yes, tgey probably should be there.

I think that would be a bit much honestly. It is not like the mobs are so complicated, that you cannot understand them after one run...

100% this should be a thing, not every single trash mob but the most important ones. Just make a 4th tab called "Trash" and put it all in there with a search function.
    No bloat, easy to find etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are some mobs in certain Chromie dungeons that absolutely should have entries in the journal, as their shenanigans can easily wipe a group who are unaware of their ability (ies).

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

isn't that why people run normal/heroic? to see abilities? things that cast a heal, a fear, a stun etc are all standard. I don't specifically remember any trash mobs in dungeons that mimic the boss that comes after them. In raids I see it quite often. Even if you added it in at the bottom of the journal, do you think people would actually read it? Like sure, it could be done quite easily.

Mob name
    -> Ability name, what it does

that wouldn't take up too much time & effort and is easy enough to read

Blizzard traditionally doesn't spend much dev time on things the mod community does for free: MDT shows all the trash including every single spell they use.

Never thought about this but yeah it makes sense. If not all, then maybe the most important trash mobs could be under seperate tab.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Blizzard traditionally doesn't spend much dev time on things the mod community does for free: MDT shows all the trash including every single spell they use.
    They've included many different add-ons as baseline features over the years, they are slow but saying they don't do that is just ignorant.

Yes, and maybe no. Since the dungeon journal is judging from its content overall, designed for normal/hc/m0 levels, it makes no difference. Anything above, everyone has MDT anyway. Is that a good thing then? Well, again, I'd say yes and no. Shoving such amounts of information on players that mostly don't need it can be daunting and just dragging attention where it's not needed. Behind some advanced options maybe, but then again the super fine details MDT provides doesn't really fit the game script overall.

Yes. There are 3rd party resources, but adding this information to the journal would be good education for newer players just getting into M+. Educating the player base is a good thing and could help reduce frustration all around.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"