How Much Fun Was P4?

P4 people where looking forward to Cata and I think it was a short phase? How much fun was it really? I hear people saying P4 PvP and PvE was the best of Wrath? While Last phase of Cata was the least fun of Cata?

As in, people would really like a longer P4 in Wrath and a much shorter last phase in Cata?

Last patch Wrath, wasn't that Ruby Sanctum? I remember it being considered a mistake for some reason, I didn't mind it. But at the time I was basically raiding 5 times a week with the other teenagers in the guild so would not have mind it if it lasted longer but also did not mind a new expansion. Being my first expansion, had nothing to compare it with.
    And from pvp all I remember is that every player had shadowmourne and the saurfang trinket. And that I was unkillable in pvp as prot paladin and could kill a rogue with no weapon, just by refreshing absorb and using retri aura. So much for balance.

And Cata... I think it was ok to me. Didn't mind lasting as long as it did. MoP on the other hand... took a 1 year break during siege, cam back and it was still siege.
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2022-12-22 at 03:17 PM.

I'll assume we're talking about 3.3. Patch 3.4 was a footnote, really, with Ruby Sanctum teasing the next expansion in which players expected they'd get more of the same.

It was incredible. By early/mid-2010 many players had defeated Arthas, a reward in itself, and many more were running alt after alt through catch-up dungeons and pugs lifted by the 30% instance buff in ICC. Class balance gave the impression that everyone could do something, while a few specs were really enjoying their time in the spotlight. Had Wrath lingered for another year WoW would've been fine.

Thankfully ICC was amazing but man that was probably the longest content drought the game ever had. Redesigning the world for Cata was taking WAAAAAYyyyyyyyy longer than they thought it would.

I also didn't PvP.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    I'll assume we're talking about 3.3. Patch 3.4 was a footnote, really, with Ruby Sanctum teasing the next expansion in which players expected they'd get more of the same.

It was incredible. By early/mid-2010 many players had defeated Arthas, a reward in itself, and many more were running alt after alt through catch-up dungeons and pugs lifted by the 30% instance buff in ICC. Class balance gave the impression that everyone could do something, while a few specs were really enjoying their time in the spotlight. Had Wrath lingered for another year WoW would've been fine.
    This perfectly summed up my thoughts on the last Phase, I loved just dungeon spamming to level alts with heirlooms and LFD you could level a character very quickly and never have to leave the capital city.