Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Humans seem to have a knack for shape shifting so I would fo with that. Pandaren would be fun too.

Btw I disagree with the whole premise they alliance *need* a 4th race

Humans get my vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    blood elves can, so why not void elves? humans, I guess, could work, too.
    Because playable Blood Elves aren't druids.

So, Void Elves won't be either. Void Elves are a mix of former blood elves and high elves.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Gilneans can do it and they're just cursed humans. Kul'tiran humans can do it and they are literally just humans from another nation. Regular humans would make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Do Pandaren count? I'd love a Pandaren druid with August Celestial based forms.

Humans, Pandaren, and then Void and Blood Elves seem the most likely candidates to me.

They seem to be packing in some fan service into these off-patches, like adding heritage armors and rectifying some of the odd gaps in the race-class lineups (like goblin/worgen monks). I could see new druids being the centerpiece of a 10.1.5 or 10.2.5, definitely, especially considering druid is the most popular class.

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Pandaren is looking to be the most viable druid choice, concerning that they are evolved furbolgs and we have seen furbolg druids - not to mention that pandaren already are versed in Nature magic, since it's tied to Spirit (monks and shamans are both tied to this).
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

Gnomes! Because we all want the cute mini-forms.

Draenei seems like a no-brainer, at least non-LF draenei. Shamans have shown that draenei have a sect that are very in tune with the natural world, and draenei are also shown to be friendliest with the night elves in the Alliance. I also just think on a fantasy level it checks out, with draenei often being portrayed as very exotic and mystical people with an alien culture, the idea of seeing their take on Azeroth's nature magic would be neat. Panthera cat form, maybe even elekk bear form, talbuk travel form etc...

That being said with Kul Tirans and Gilneans becoming druids, humans would probably be Blizzard's choice. There's really nothing lorewise stating that humans couldn't become druids, although Stormwind humans really are not particularly in touch with the natural side of Azeroth so I personally wouldn't really care for this even though I mostly play humans. Maybe if they ever gave a choice to pick your human nation this would be a cool addition.
    Also while I don't think this would ever happen, gnome druids who piloted mechbears and cats would be hilarious and I'd love it. I don't even like gnomes and I'd play one.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Druids have a connection to the Emerald Dream.

The Emerald Dream has a Void-corrupted area called Emerald Nightmare.

Void Elves could be Nightmare-Druids, with void-animal forms and Nightmare-coloured spells (dark red instead of green). This would look so amazing.
    This. 100% this. What a freaking cool idea!

The answer is obviously Furbolgs

Ren'dorei Druid would make the most sense. We have already seen the Void interact with Life amply, in the form of Emerald Nightmare. Ren'dorei Druid can be a group of Ren'dorei who try to replicate the Nightmare's accomplishments.

Cat form = Voidstalker

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Voidstalker

Bear form = Void Hound

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Void_hound

Balance form = Voidwraith

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Voidwraith

Travel form = A version of the Starcursed Voidstrider without the saddle

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Starcursed_Voidstrider

Flying form = Dark Phoenix (without the saddle)

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dark_phoenix?so=search

Aquatic form = A smaller version of a kraken/leviathan feels like the most fitting, they are aquatic creatures of the Void that serve the Old God N'Zoth.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Writhing_Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post

So, Void Elves won't be either. Void Elves are a mix of former blood elves and high elves.
    Void elves aren't Blood elves.

Meanwhile, Kul Tiran Humans are literally Humans, yet they can be Shaman and Druid, while the OG Humans can't.

Your argument has no basis at all.

Following your logic, Void elves should get Paladin (which I agree with) because Blood elves have Paladin.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2023-02-01 at 08:18 PM.

Actually they're all the same. Blood Elves are still racially High Elves. They simply renamed themselves as Blood Elves in honor of the fact most of them died when the Arthas and the Scourge invaded Quel'thalas. As it is their home too, Loth'emar never prevented any of their kin who did not join the Horde from visiting Silvermoon or even making a pilgrimage to the Sunwell after its reactivation by Velen.

Void Elves are Blood Elves who were banished from Quel'thalas because their use of the Void presents a direct and catastrophic threat to the Sunwell as was demonstrated when Loth'emar and Thal'yssra went with Alleria there and void portals started opening up and creatures came through, including Aruun the Darkener. Nether-Prince Durzaan also tried to open another rift into the Sunwell chamber.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Right, they aren't, but (at least) some of them were.

Meanwhile, Kul Tiran Humans are literally Humans, yet they can be Shaman and Druid, while the OG Humans can't.
    Kul Tiran are not humans from Stormwind that moved to Kul Tiras. Void Elves were once blood elves. This comparison fails.

Your argument has no basis at all.

Following your logic, Void elves should get Paladin (which I agree with) because Blood elves have Paladin.
    Yes, they should. And you literally don't understand my argument so you can't claim it has no basis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Actually they're all the same. Blood Elves are still racially High Elves. They simply renamed themselves as Blood Elves in honor of the fact most of them died when the Arthas and the Scourge invaded Quel'thalas. As it is their home too, Loth'emar never prevented any of their kin who did not join the Horde from visiting Silvermoon or even making a pilgrimage to the Sunwell after its reactivation by Velen.

Void Elves are Blood Elves who were banished from Quel'thalas because their use of the Void presents a direct and catastrophic threat to the Sunwell as was demonstrated when Loth'emar and Thal'yssra went with Alleria there and void portals started opening up and creatures came through, including Aruun the Darkener. Nether-Prince Durzaan also tried to open another rift into the Sunwell chamber.
    Yeah, I know the lore. I am just speaking culturally, more than biologically.

Blood Elves have a different, albeit slightly, culture than high elves. It doesn't make sense to have low/no Druid races suddenly lead to one with a playable version.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    With Blizzard adding more race/class combinations, Druid could also use some balance.

Which Alliance race could be made into druids?
    think they need to stop all races all classes. I takes away being something special into something generic. You want to play class x? then play race x,y or z.

But if you really want to balance them.

I would say on the not list. mostly for what they are or where they come from:
    - gnomes
    - mechagnomes
    - void elves
    - dark iron dwarfs
    - dwarfs
    - lightforged dreanei....they are holy/light so that would be weird.
    - pandaran....allied race for both factions so nope

already are druid:
    - night elf
    - kul tiran ( with those stupid forms)
    - worgen ( again stupid standard forms)

now what do we have left?
    - humans

i would rather see them give worgen real...wolf like forms....instead of a cat form for a race of dogs....

But if i had to chose....humans is the only one that makes sense.
    For forms:
    - travel form: horse or sheep
    - "cat" form: Bloodhound ( rather for worgen or kul tiran) or a other type of dog. Or wolf
    - "bear" form: Lion
    - swim form: octopus
    - moonkin form: ....something different then normal moonkin with reskin....but what...i do not know . maybe a more human form of the zandalari skin?
    - fly form: raven ( rather for worgen or kul tiran), sea gull, hawk or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Disen View Post
    Worgen druid before being bitten is defacto human druid? So...
    Gilneans weren't druids before being bitten, though. The worgen druid origin is among the Gilnean harvest-witches. I don't think this precludes human druids, particularly given Kul'tirans learned it from the drust, but I don't think the worgen likely point toward human druids nearly as much as the Kul'tirans do.

Kul Tiran are not humans from Stormwind that moved to Kul Tiras. Void Elves were once blood elves. This comparison fails.
    So according to you living in another nation is a bigger difference than literally being infused at a biological level with one of the Cosmic forces of Creation.

Void elves are obviously more different than Blood elves than Kul Tirans are to Stormwind humans.

And all humans are technically humans from Arathor that moved elsewhere, so you failed at Human lore.

Yes, they should. And you literally don't understand my argument so you can't claim it has no basis
    I gave you more credit and thought your argument was more elaborate. I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    i would rather see them give worgen real...wolf like forms....instead of a cat form for a race of dogs....
    I, too, would love a wolf form alternate for cat form. Some players may be attached to the old cat forms, but given we have barbershop customization now, they could easily add a wolf variant for them.

7+ Year Old Account
    So according to you living in another nation is a bigger difference than literally being infused at a biological level with one of the Cosmic forces of Creation.
    Yes, the void. Not Nature where DRUIDIC Magic come from.

Void elves are obviously more different than Blood elves than Kul Tirans are to Stormwind humans.
    No, they aren't. Void elves are merely High elves infused with void energies. And Blood Elves are High Elves that had fel energies in them at one point. That's it.

And all humans are technically humans from Arathor that moved elsewhere, so you failed at Human lore.
    This is irrelevant, and you know it. Also, wrong. Humans are not from Arathor, scattered human tribes founded Arathor. Humans origin is the Vyrkul. Human kingdoms split from Arathor over 1,000 years. Look how different the United States culture is from the UK, and that split isn't 1,000 years. The Kul Tiran have a different culture than Stormwind.

What you are arguing is that it makes more sense to get power from a completely different source then they come from in lore than spend over 1000 years as different cultures. Nonsense, pure and simple. Nonsense.

I gave you more credit and thought your argument was more elaborate. I was wrong.
    And you still can't understand it.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2023-02-01 at 08:43 PM.
    –The Sith Code

Yes, they are. They're Blood Elves who delved into the Void and got banished from Quel'thalas for it because their presence was a direct threat to the Sunwell.

For now. In case you haven't been paying attention, Blizzard is rolling out new race/class combinations in stages. They have stated their goal is to eventually get all races, all classes. They've already rolled it out a bit with all races being mages, rogues, and priests now. They did state others will take more time because they will need lore to cover it.

For example, roll a Death Knight with any race from Vanilla, BC, or Cata. You will go through the original starting area as it was when Wrath launched. But prior to BfA, no allied race or Pandaren could become one. This is because lorically, none of them were around since the all the DKs up until that point had died during the Third War and were raised by Arthas. Kul'tiras, Zandalar, The Broken Isles, and Pandaria were isolated and the Mag'har and LF Draenei were not even on the planet.

Then, at the end of BfA, they enabled all allied races and Pandaren too. If you roll a DK with any of those races, you get a completely different opening scenario where your character was a hero who died during the 4th War and Bolvar has resurrected you to continue to fight for Azeroth. And they will probably have to come up with a third one to cover Dracthyr and any other races added later.

It's the same story with Demon Hunters. If you go to Outland's Shadowmoon Valley, fly to the Black Temple's south terrace, you'll see all the Illidari training. You'll only see Elves. Do the DH starting area and you'll know that, in terms of the events timeline, your fresh Demon Hunter is actually one of those ones you see on the Black Temple's south terrace training. The scenario starts off as the Temple is being raided.

So, given that, it makes sense only Night Elves and High Elves can be Demon Hunters. They would have to come up with a new scenario for those other races. It could be Kayn and/or Altruis start training more Demon Hunters on their own, or Illidan returns and does it himself.

Eventually they might. The trick becomes how are they going to cover the lore allowing it without a major retcon hole that a cruise ship could pass through. PAladins are of the Light, which is the antithesis of the Void. They covered Tauren with the Sun, the Zandalari from Rezan. The Light Forged Draenei are obvious. Right now we have no idea what would happen when you mix the Light with the Void at such a level. So we will just have to wait and see. It may take trips to Zerith Lumen and Zereth Umbra before they can do it.