Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Changed is not the same as "biologically different." Blood Elves were changed by Fel energies, even though it can leave their bodies, but you don't define that as a biological difference..
    No, it isn't a biological difference, because it can leave their body.

Orcs, regardless of their skin color, are the same species too; even though the reason the main universe has green orcs is because of fel magic changes.
    Void elves also didn't just "get a skin color change", tentacles emerged from the hair of many Void elves and they constantly hear whisper from the Void. Again, their corruption is comparable to that of the Fel orcs, not normal green orcs.

I never claimed "They weren't changed." I stated they are blood elves infused with void energy. That kind of implies that they were changed
    Then you concede that your original equivalency with Blood elves is meaningless, because they changed, which means that they don't have to be tied to Blood elves in terms of class choice.

It isn't a fact. They are different than Blood elves, but differences doesn't make them "special."
    Yes, it does. They are more special than Blood elves because they have been transformed into a new state of existence (specifically equated by Magister Umbric to a "rebirth") by the Void.

Do you not understand that Kul Tirans have a religion that isn't in Stormwind?
    And Void elves have renounced the Sunwell (which is the religion of the Blood elves) as shown by one of their quotes:

"Remember the Sunwell? Please. I'm so over it."
    Or they are led by a Lord Admiral as opposed to a King?
    Void elves are led by a Magister as opposed to a Ranger Regent-Lord.
    And their culture has been impacted by their interactions with the Drust ... something Stormwind didn't have in their area.
    And the Void elves culture has been impacted by their interactions with the Void, something that Blood elves don't have.

Also, you are ignoring that Void Elves still see Silvermoon as their home, and want to reunite (or at least at some point did). Do Kul tirans see themselves as Stormwind humans and consider Stormwind home?
    This has no relevance to the point. So, following your logic, Draenei and Man'ari are the same race because they both see Argus as their home.

The main difference is skin color. The only other difference is hair tentacles, which given they are hair tentacles are likely modified hair.

I never claimed they aren't different. I said they arent significantly culturally different. Why the hell are you lying?
    Another main difference is that Void elves constantly hear the whispers of the Void, which Blood elves don't, and that they periodically turn into Voidform in combat, which Blood elves don't.

Only if Blood elves get Druid too
    Nope.

What Blood elves get is irrelevant to the fact that Void elf Druid makes sense anyway.

Void elf Druid makes sense because their new Night elf allies can teach them.

Void elf Druid makes sense on the basis that we know Void can interact with Life.

Void elf Druid makes sense because we already have plenty of Void-influenced animals and so Blizzard wouldn't need to come up with too many new beasts.

What Blood elves get is irrelevant.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2023-02-01 at 11:41 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    No, it isn't a biological difference, because it can leave their body.
    You have already shown you don't understand what a biological difference is.

Void elves also didn't just "get a skin color change", tentacles emerged from the hair of many Void elves and they constantly hear whisper from the Void. Again, their corruption is comparable to that of the Fel orcs, not normal green orcs.
    Tentacles that are likely modified hair. And hearing whispers isn't a biological change.

Then you concede that your original equivalency with Blood elves is meaningless, because they changed, which means that they don't have to be tied to Blood elves in terms of class choice.
    No, because classes are determined by culture. You are having an argument on a point that is irrelevant to how classes are chosen. All classes have culturally based reasons, not biological.

Yes, it does. They are more special than Blood elves because they have been transformed into a new state of existence (specifically equated by Magister Umbric to a "rebirth") by the Void.
    Different does not mean special. You see them as special, that isn't something in lore. That's your stupid opinion.

And Void elves have renounced the Sunwell (which is the religion of the Blood elves) as shown by one of their quotes:
    Renouncing a religion =/= having a completely different one. Not all Blood elves worship the Sunwell, it is merely important to their culture.

Void elves are led by a Magister as opposed to a Ranger Regent-Lord.
    Void Elves aren't led by a Magister. And Magister is part of the government of Quel'thelas.

Void Elf's leader is Alleria Windrunner, who is a Ranger Captain. The Magister is number 2. So, you have a Ranger with a Magister supporting them ... just like Silvermoon. They have the same type of government.

And the Void elves culture has been impacted by their interactions with the Void, something that Blood elves don't have.
    Culture doesn't change in an freaking afternoon.

This has no relevance to the point. So, following your logic, Draenei and Man'ari are the same race because they both see Argus as their home.
    Yes, they are both Eredar with different cultural values.

Another main difference is that Void elves constantly hear the whispers of the Void, which Blood elves don't, and that they periodically turn into Voidform in combat, which Blood elves don't.
    Hearing voices isn't a "main difference" and racial abilities aren't either. Main differences are something you can easily see, if you saw a Void elf standing next to a blood elf, what differences do you see.

Nope.

What Blood elves get is irrelevant to the fact that Void elf Druid makes sense anyway.

Void elf Druid makes sense because their new Night elf allies can teach them.

Void elf Druid makes sense on the basis that we know Void can interact with Life.

Void elf Druid makes sense because we already have plenty of Void-influenced animals and so Blizzard wouldn't need to come up with too many new beasts.

What Blood elves get is irrelevant.
    So, lore only matters when you say it does. Good to know that your arguments against me were garbage even to you. The Void Elves are High Elves and Blood Elves going through the process of becoming Void Elves, they come from those cultures. Why would they change? If they weren't a druid before, why would they become a druid because they get Void powers?

Your argument is nonsense and worse part, you know it is.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2023-02-02 at 12:05 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

? I literally acknowledge in my post that they retained their LIGHT spells. The point is that these Paladins still affiliated themselves with a Void faction; and not just that, but they lived in a bastion of the Old Gods power and were surrounded by Void users everywhere.
    Affiliated does not mean they're touched by the void. MAny people are around Arcane and not affected by it.

So, there is literally 0 reason why, amongst them, there can't be a few Paladin elf users.
    Yes there is and you don't want to accept it. Like you don't want to accept the fact you're wrong and that you will have to wait what could be years. But that's YOUR issue, no one else. We've all cancelled our subscription.

Tentacles that are likely modified hair. And hearing whispers isn't a biological change.
    Lmfao, sure bro, they bought living tentacle hair mesh on the AH.

No, because classes are determined by culture. You are having an argument on a point that is irrelevant to how classes are chosen. All classes have culturally based reasons, not biological.
    Evoker and Demon Hunter proves you wrong.

Different does not mean special. You see them as special, that isn't something in lore. That's your stupid opinion.
    Nope. Void elves are objectively more special than Blood elves because they are elves who, on top of all their pre-established powers, also got Void.

Renouncing a religion =/= having a completely different one
    Your opinion.

Void Elves aren't led by a Magister. And Magister is part of the government of Quel'thelas.

Void Elf's leader is Alleria Windrunner, who is a Ranger Captain. The Magister is number 2. So, you have a Ranger with a Magister supporting them ... just like Silvermoon. They have the same type of government.
    Nope. Blood elves are led by a Regent, Void elves aren't. You're wrong.

Culture doesn't change in an freaking afternoon.
    They have been exiled from Silvermoon for longer than an afternoon.

Yes, they are both Eredar with different cultural values.
    Then Humans and Dwarves are the same Titanforged race with just different cultural values.

Sure, Velen and Kil'jaeden are different only because they have different cultural values. It has nothing to do with the fact that Kil'jaeden turned red, with Fel cracks over his body, grew horns, and grew fucking wings from his back. It's just cultural differences that separate Velen from Kil'jaeden.

Hearing voices isn't a "main difference" and racial abilities aren't either.
    Yes, they are.

Main differences are something you can easily see,
    In your opinion. For otheres, constantly hearing whispers due to a changed biological composition would count as a main different, even if not visible.

if you saw a Void elf standing next to a blood elf, what differences do you see.
    Irrelevant to the fact that Void elves are biologically different from Blood elves as I just proved amply.

So, lore only matters when you say it does. Good to know that your arguments against me were garbage even to you. The Void Elves are High Elves and Blood Elves going through the process of becoming Void Elves, they come from those cultures. Why would they change? If they weren't a druid before, why would they become a druid because they get Void powers?
    No, Void elves are Blood elves who were changed at a biologically level and reborn (as per Magister Umbric's own admission) after they were in the process of getting turn into Void Ethereals. And I just explained in the quoted post why them becoming druid makes perfect sense.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2023-02-02 at 12:19 AM.

Dwarves. All other answers are wrong, and I personally declare grudge against.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Affiliated does not mean they're touched by the void. MAny people are around Arcane and not affected by it.
    And how many of those people live in a literal bastion of Arcane energy?

Yes there is and you don't want to accept it. Like you don't want to accept the fact you're wrong and that you will have to wait what could be years. But that's YOUR issue, no one else. We've all cancelled our subscription.
    You haven't explained at all why Void elf Paladin doesn't make sense.

The idea that Void and Light can't mesh because they are antithesis is headcanon that is easily disproven by the other opposites meshing just fine. Order and Disorder meshed in Sargeras, Life and Death mesh in the Winter Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    I miss the time when everything was not homogenized..... I miss the restrictions that made sense. Meh, maybe I should just go away.
    Congratulations you are slightly more mature than half this forums user base

7+ Year Old Account
    Lmfao, sure bro, they bought living tentacle hair mesh on the AH.
    If they are a biological difference, they have be by biological means. So, thanks for proving you don't know what a biological difference is.

Evoker and Demon Hunter proves you wrong.
    Demon Hunter is literally a class that has a culture around it that requires training and devotion. lmao.

Evoker is weird, I give you that; but that is more because they built the class around the race. And one exception does not disprove me.

Nope. Void elves are objectively more special than Blood elves because they are elves who, on top of all their pre-established powers, also got Void.
    You can't be objectively more special. There is no such thing.

Your opinion.
    Oh, you are one of those people that believe atheists have religion too.

Nope. Blood elves are led by a Regent, Void elves aren't. You're wrong.
    All a regent means is a person leading a country where the monarch can't. And given that Void Elves still see Silvermoon as their home and want to unite the elves, they have the same type of government.

They have been exiled from Silvermoon for longer than an afternoon.
    Do you not understand sarcasm or do you need a sign?

Then Humans and Dwarves are the same Titanforged race with just different cultural values.
    They came from different titanforged constructs.

Sure, Velen and Kil'jaeden are different only because they have different cultural values. It has nothing to do with the fact that Kil'jaeden turned red, with Fel cracks over his body, grew horns, and grew fucking wings from his back. It's just cultural differences that separate Velen from Kil'jaeden.
    Um, Eredar had horns before and even without Fel energies. And again, I am not saying there is no physical differences. There are physical differences between me and a pure blooded European, does that make me "not a human"?

Yes, they are.

In your opinion. For otheres, constantly hearing whispers due to a changed biological composition would count as a main different, even if not visible.
    So something that is completely non-biological ... is a biological change to you? Again, do you understand what biological means?

Irrelevant to the fact that Void elves are biologically different from Blood elves as I just proved amply.
    You literally said the biological differences are not relevant to the ones that aren't even biological differences.
    You have proven you don't know what "biologically" means.

No, Void elves are Blood elves who were changed at a biologically level and reborn (as per Magister Umbric's own admission) after they were in the process of getting turn into Void Ethereals. And I just explained in the quoted post why them becoming druid makes perfect sense.
    Citation needed that they were "biologically changed." You haven't given one that isn't your view, which constantly proves you don't know what "Biological" means.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2023-02-02 at 12:40 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

dwarves, the can already be shaman the have the naturey type lore around them

Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    With Blizzard adding more race/class combinations, Druid could also use some balance.

Which Alliance race could be made into druids?
    You can have another druid if we get Undead Paladins. But it has to be Mechagnome Druid.

7+ Year Old Account
    While Druid could use more balance. Not counting Dracthyr, 6 classes can be all races (Warrior, Hunter, Death Knight, Rogue, Mage, and Priest) and soon Monk will join them at 7. That leaves 5 classes besides Evoker.

Currently, Druid is a 3/4 split, Paladin are 5/3, and Shaman is 5/9 split (Pandaren is included to both otherwise you can view it as 4/8 plus Panda) While Warlock and Demon Hunter are even (7/7 for Lock and 1/1 for Demon Hunter).

So, I think a better argument is what races make the most sense for all the three unbalanced classes. I think the Alliance definitely needs more Paladin representation right now. You have Void and Night Elf arguments for Paladin playability. Legion had a Night Elf Paladin and Void Elves come from Blood Elves.

Right now the most unbalanced faction class is Shaman.
    –The Sith Code

Gnome, tank spec koala, melee dps spec corgi, bird form parakeet, ground travel form squirrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemoon View Post
    Humans seem to have a knack for shape shifting so I would fo with that. Pandaren would be fun too.

Btw I disagree with the whole premise they alliance *need* a 4th race
    Mechagnomes.

Mechadruids.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Void elves are obviously more different than Blood elves than Kul Tirans are to Stormwind humans.
    Kul Tirans are part Drust. Void Elves are mutated High and Blood Elves. That automatically puts Void Elves closer to Blood Elves (which are biologicially identical to High Elves) than Kul Tirans to Stormwind Humans.

So no, they are obviously less different.

So, I think a better argument is what races make the most sense for all the three unbalanced classes. I think the Alliance definitely needs more Paladin representation right now. You have Void and Night Elf arguments for Paladin playability. Legion had a Night Elf Paladin and Void Elves come from Blood Elves.

Right now the most unbalanced faction class is Shaman.
    Void elf paladin would be sick if they made it a void-using anti paladin with a warlock green fire type of deal to change the animations. Night elf paladin could get turned on today with no problems (even LFD had to wait for a custom paladin mount, the mounts need not be done in advance). The lore was established for them in Legion.

Alliance definitely needs a new race choice for shaman though, maybe two. I'd love mechagnome shamans. They are robots, shamans use lightning (electricity). It seems criminal that the robot race can't use electricity for combat. Tech shamans are already established with goblins too, all they need to say is mechagnomes (and maybe gnomes) use science to harness the elements instead of mysticism.

I'd say dwarf because I want to see a bear with a beard.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    I'd say dwarf because I want to see a bear with a beard.
    A Bear-d?

Yeah yeah, i'm leaving already.

Wildhammer dwarves is a no brainer, would make more sense than some druid combos that are already in game (kul tiran, worgen or even trolls). Gryphon flight form of course.

Pandaren would be my second pick, they seem to be closely tied to nature, they are about harmony and balance, perfect candidates lore-wise.

Void elves and mechagnomes the most unlikely picks.

Are they seriouslly suggesting Void Elf druids? The whole point of Void Elves is that they're researchers who dove head first into shadow magic. That kinda removes any "But they were high elves" argument since yeah, they were, high elves who specifically rejected other stuff in favor of void.

This isnt even going into how anathema void has constantly been shown to be in regards to nature magic.

Simply put, none of the alliances race would fit to Druid well. Even Kul Tirans had to be kinda forced. At best you could have Dwarves with the implication being its all Wildhammer, or Pandaren even but that's of course neutral.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Gnomes and Mechagnomes.

Their shapeshifts are robots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    I miss the time when everything was not homogenized..... I miss the restrictions that made sense. Meh, maybe I should just go away.
    I totally agree that it was better when class/race combos were locked and made sense, but at this point we already have quite a lot of ridiculous combos (which cannot be undone) and Blizzard said they want to eventually give all races all classes, so it is what it is.