Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Question Zereth Ordus And All The Other Zereths - Evidence They All Look Alike?

So Zereth Mortis
    - It looks nothing like mortals would imagine the progenitor plane of death would look like, or what Warcraft Chronicles would have us believe.
    If anything Zereth Mortis looks a lot more like the progenitor plane for Order and/or Light instead.

So it got me thinking: Are all Zereth planes like this?
    Is the plane of Order and Light exactly the same as this one?
    Similar to how Ulduar, Uldaman, and all the Uld - titanic facilities have distinctly titanic architecture present in them?
    Are the First Ones just like the Titans in terms of creating these facilities in a similar manner?

Also six mouths that hunger one will consume the rest: Are those the six cosmic forces?

Also "Azeroth": Does it mean the origin of all Zereths or possibly the lack thereof?

What are your thoughts on all this?
    Last edited by ArchBringer; 2022-10-27 at 07:33 AM.

I would say yes, they will all look alike, unless someone in the creative dpt actually gets creative.

Ngl though, after the sinister Korthia, seeing some color in Zereth Mortis was fresh air, although it was highly out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    I would say yes, they will all look alike, unless someone in the creative dpt actually gets creative.

Ngl though, after the sinister Korthia, seeing some color in Zereth Mortis was fresh air, although it was highly out of place.
    Agreed, I also like how the zone looks very much.
    I was reminded to playing Hob, one of my favorite games next to WoW

Just wondering if all the other Zereths will look like this too because of this?

they likely dont care. i wouldnt be surprised if they scrapped it all since SL was hated.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchBringer View Post
    So Zereth Mortis
    - It looks nothing like mortals would imagine the progenitor plane of death would look like, or what Warcraft Chronicles would have us believe.
    If anything Zereth Mortis looks a lot more like the progenitor plane for Order and/or Light instead.

So it got me thinking: Are all Zereth planes like this?
    Is the plane of Order and Light exactly the same as this one?
    Similar to how Ulduar, Uldaman, and all the Uld - titanic facilities have distinctly titanic architecture present in them?
    Are the First Ones just like the Titans in terms of creating these facilities in a similar manner?

Also six mouths that hunger one will consume the rest: Are those the six cosmic forces?

Also "Azeroth": Does it mean the origin of all Zereths or possibly the lack thereof?

What are your thoughts on all this?
    Considering they are engines of high technological connection, they are most likely almost the same but then we also have to take into consideration that Zereth Mortis that we see, didn't look like that originally. So, we are safe to presume that each has had a method of environmental development in each their force respectively.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe Zereth Mortis' design was on purpose to look out of place and artificial.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    they likely dont care. i wouldnt be surprised if they scrapped it all since SL was hated.
    As an expansion idea, I hope so, as patches, I don't mind visiting other realms.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    Considering they are engines of high technological connection, they are most likely almost the same but then we also have to take into consideration that Zereth Mortis that we see, didn't look like that originally. So, we are safe to presume that each has had a method of environmental development in each their force respectively.
    Oh so Zereth Mortis didn't always look like this?

Is there any indication what it did look like before being shaped?

Was it closer to how mortals traditionally would conceive the plane of death?

Danuser already pulled these places out his ass, the least the art team can do is differentiate each of them and make them unique in their own right.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Danuser already pulled these places out his ass, the least the art team can do is differentiate each of them and make them unique in their own right.
    In fiction everything is pulled out of creators ass, just like your beloved void elves.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    In fiction everything is pulled out of creators ass, just like your beloved void elves.
    Not exactly. Dark elves are an established race in RPGs. Especially Warhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    The guy clearly doesn't remember how the idea of Blood elves messing with the Void dates back to TBC, where High Astromancer Solarian, one of Kael'Thas' top lieutenants, turned into a Voidwalker while plunging herself into the Void. And, obviously, Alleria Windrunner's story arc in Legion is pretty big foreshadowing of the rise of the Ren'dorei, the "Children of the Void".

Meanwhile, the idea of an afterlife factory churning out robot death gods is a recent idea, dating back to Danuser waking up one day and deciding to create the First Ones and everything related to them for breakfast.

As it turns out, there's a difference between laying the seeds for something years in advance, and just pulling something out of nowhere all at once.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-10-27 at 09:22 AM.

Each Zereth is supposed to have a purpose. Mortis was supposed to prototype and generate afterlives. Can't say it looked like that but the massive orb in the middle is supposed to serve that purpose as does the Sepulcher. Who knows what the other Zereths are tasked with

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh so Zereth Mortis didn't always look like this?

Is there any indication what it did look like before being shaped?

Was it closer to how mortals traditionally would conceive the plane of death?
    Looking at the structures, I'd believe them to be more mechanical factory-like. I mean, we know it was torn from somewhere, it is on lore sites described as being from Shadowlands, yet NPCs say they have not seen something like it in Shadowlands when it was moved to where it is now.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Looking at the structures, I'd believe them to be more mechanical factory-like. I mean, we know it was torn from somewhere, it is on lore sites described as being from Shadowlands, yet NPCs say they have not seen something like it in Shadowlands when it was moved to where it is now.
    Oh then that would align with my own assumption in the OP, that the First Ones are similar to the Titans in terms of creating their own distinct architecture when they forge their own planes.

Maybe it being torn form somewhere also refers to it being molded to look like it is now?

The original thought that all other Zereths look like this when shaped by the First Ones is getting a stronger indication if that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Void elves aren't dark elves? Void elves are a cheap excuse to give alliance high elves without giving them high elves. They are the biggest asspull in WoW lore ever, so it's hilariously hypocrital for their fan to complain about lore asspulls

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Each Zereth is supposed to have a purpose. Mortis was supposed to prototype and generate afterlives. Can't say it looked like that but the massive orb in the middle is supposed to serve that purpose as does the Sepulcher. Who knows what the other Zereths are tasked with
    This. They will likely share a core design but then every one will have its own flavour. Maybe Zereth Ordos will be quite similar to Zereth Mortis but i don't expect the Void or Fel one to be very close.

I'm also pretty sure we're going to visit other ones in the future.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh then that would align with my own assumption in the OP, that the First Ones are similar to the Titans in terms of creating their own distinct architecture when they forge their own planes.
    Well, the 'First Ones' are higher up the list than the Titans.

Maybe it being torn form somewhere also refers to it being molded to look like it is now?
    Most likely but it used to be part of another landmass.

The original thought that all other Zereths look like this when shaped by the First Ones is getting a stronger indication if that is the case.
    It would make sense, as you see what they produce of creatures.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Is that not where Fantasy comes from? With a pinch of religion and folklore, which in the end, hails from fantasy anyways?

Is that not where Fantasy comes from? With a pinch of religion and folklore, which in the end, hails from fantasy anyways?
    Yeah bro, a writer like GRRM giving you 100 different foreshadowing hints of the Red Wedding is the same thing as Danuser pulling the bald janitor and co. out of nowhere because they are both "fantasy".

Like, imagine comparing religion and folklore to Danuser pulling his OC videogame villain out of nowhere, Jesus Christ.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-10-27 at 10:54 AM.

This, especially the bolded parts.
    They kinda just fucked up the lore so badly they figured a restart with "titans, but more to our present liking" would work.

If anything Zereth Mortis had a really lacking connection to death, and would have been a far better version of a (sub)plane of order.

But their thin understanding of mathematics and reality in general seems to preclude that.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Void elves aren't dark elves? Void elves are a cheap excuse to give alliance high elves without giving them high elves. They are the biggest asspull in WoW lore ever, so it's hilariously hypocrital for their fan to complain about lore asspulls
    Wouldn't call Void Elves complete "asspulls", I mean, the line goes deep, and their arrival was due to them messing with volatile things that was meant to help them against their foes but also bring them in as a danger against their own people.

Dark Trolls -> Elves & Trolls -> Night Elves (& Highbourne) & Trolls (Various) -> High Elves -> Blood Elves (And others) -> Void Elves

Well, the 'First Ones' are higher up the list than the Titans.
    Yep, additionally I think that they are meant to replace the titans on a grander scale, seeing how titans are aligned with a single cosmic force - that of Order.

Now we have the First Ones to stand above all the cosmic forces as the lore expanded since 2004.