Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Can you combine this with the recruit a friend for the max amount of rewards?
    I wish this deal came with a month of gametime I could gift to someone else. As it is I had a 6 month sub before. No way am I buying this on top of that. If we assume this deal has to be claimed in the next month that would give me like 17 months of wow? I mean that would inflation proof my buy in price. I am so mad about the UI update that wont resub until they fix it though.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    But it was the exact same thing. You were already buying something that was already in existence. They gave you goodies for doing so. They would take away the goodies if you did not go the full year. That does not change the fact that you were required to buy something that already existed to get the offer.
    That’s the contract. This one has no such thing. You have to buy 100% upfront at time of purchase right now for this current plan. With the annual pass, you had the option to still pay month to month OR 2x 6months. Hardly the same thing.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    People will always find something to whine about.
    You see, people see whatever they want in it. I personally was just expressing my concern over why are they trying to lock people into 1 year payment up front plan, and let's be honest, one of the reasons could very likely be less development over that year since it's nothing more than slapping an extra mount.
    But, based on many comments the strategy works really really well.

I'm really enjoying the zero month sub.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

5+ Year Old Account
    If SL hadn't had such a %#$&ed up patch schedule (not to mention the gazillion of gameplay-related issues), this yearly subscription wouldn't seem so fishy to me. The only time they did something more or less similar was during Cata, when player count was in free fall. But if sheep are willing to be fleeced, who am I to discourage them...
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

If I could use blizz bucks to pay for this, no brainer.
    But giving them $160 up front with their recent track record and how bare bones DF is looking is a bold ask on their part.
    If this was like the annual pass, maybe. But they clearly are trying to beef up Q4 numbers, guessing the DI gravy train ran out.

This screams that the player retention is going to suuuuuck with the expansion.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    https://eu.shop.battle.net/en-gb/fam...ld-of-warcraft

Apparently a new 1 year plan that includes the murloc mount is out.

Am I being too negative if I'm too say that it's bait to lock people into a shitfest?

Also, as opposed to the other plans there is no other value in getting the 12 month over the 6 month.
    Where i do agree that theyre just trying to more or less bait people into a 12 month sub, that murloc mount is pretty lit.
    Although, I do not like their practice of putting effort into a mount held behind a massive paywall, while leaving a very buggy game.

https://eu.shop.battle.net/en-gb/fam...ld-of-warcraft

Apparently a new 1 year plan that includes the murloc mount is out.

Am I being too negative if I'm too say that it's bait to lock people into a shitfest?

Also, as opposed to the other plans there is no other value in getting the 12 month over the 6 month.
    I mean, no...that's not too negative to say it's bait. It's pretty obviously bait. It is too negative to say that what you are getting locked into is a poo-poo-fest, I dunno, haven't tried out dragon land yet. Just seems odd to complain about it though. If you don't like the game, don't play it. If you like the game, but not enough to sub for 12 months, don't sub for 12 months. If you think the mount is awesome / fun enough to be worth 12 months of subscription of a game you otherwise wouldn't want to play for 12 months, then get the 12 month sub and collect your mount.

I mean, the choices are yours. No one is forcing you to do anything. Blizzard is enticing you to pay the premium prices by adding something you appear to really want. So that's kinda what companies do. "We would like some of your money. Would it be worth it to you to give us your money in exchange for x services and/or goods?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I'll 100% be subbed for a year, so this is cheaper for me in the long run AND I get a bunch of free stuff. No brainer really if you are in a position similar to me.
    This is what I'm thinking. I've been playing Classic for a while now. My guild has no signs of going anywhere, we are still raiding strong, so the likelihood is that I'll be subbed regardless, so this may be a good idea for me as well. Save some money, get some loot. win/win.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Are "we" really that cheap that Blizzard throws together a ugly mount and some pom poms and we gobble it up?
    For 1 year sub you should be getting something REALLY unique, something extraordinary, hells even the 6 month sub
    dragon mount for last expansion was waaay better made than this, even look at the pre purchase mount looks even cooler
    AND it is "in tuned" with whats coming.
    THIS....This looks like someone at HQ came up with an idea and threw together some trash rewards and lets chuck it out there.

For 1 year sub, you should be getting EXTREME , like Ashes of al'ar but dragon way, something thats worth the dough

You see, people see whatever they want in it. I personally was just expressing my concern over why are they trying to lock people into 1 year payment up front plan, and let's be honest, one of the reasons could very likely be less development over that year since it's nothing more than slapping an extra mount.
    But, based on many comments the strategy works really really well.
    The same reason most subscription services attempt to lock every customer in for as long as possible. Earn money, pay the bills, collect profits. There's nothing sinister here. They want your money and are trying offer enough trinkets to make it worth it to you to trade them your money for their trinkets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunhammer View Post
    Are "we" really that cheap
    I'm guessing "yes". I suppose we'll find out when we see how many folks are out there riding their giant murlocks.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if you don't want to sub for 12 months don't ....maybe they might put those mounts in the store or they might not, its up too you ....you got a month and half to decide if Dragon Flight is worth 12 month sub.

Watch this whole be a garbage truck of trash....
    Everyone looks forward to DF and there is a LOT of changes, but what if, just if, the whole storyline crumbles
    and storytelling etc thats suppose to make a great MMO falters, what if Blizzard already suspect it will, but
    have made progress on the next expansion that would "save" it all, but need people to pay for the game in meanwhile.
    Lets hype the expansion and praise it to the skies and get people really excited
    step 2, lets put in a year sub idea with some trash mounts that nobody really wants (unless real collectors)
    step 3, let the expansion hit and people get excited for a month or two
    step 4, let the trash hit servers, lacking storyline, time gaps, reruns of old stories etc

by then people are already stuck having had paid for the full year and Blizzard can run Barney the insane dragon bear
    for all that people can protest, and then they going to start hype for the next expansion that promises to "fix" issues and
    be a Legion or WotLK caliber expansion...

I shudder to think what is to come, I mean I hope for the best but it looks more and more like a cash out plan to me.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't hate it, the obvious 6 month sub/mount system and bigger bundle for those who want it. I'll be honest, I've played for years and my game time doesn't really end, so for someone who is like me it's not really too bad..

But I'm someone who pays for my game time with gold, and Blizzard has shut down that option, so for me it won't happen. I usually end up purchasing most of the store mounts/bundles during sales with my balance and also got the TBC Boost/Mount bundle and eventually will get the WotLK bundle as well.

The mounts are really cool (besides the WotLK one), I always find it a shame to see such cool things come from the store from a prestigious POV. As such I will continue riding my Crab
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Isn't this like buying two 6-month subs? I mean if you're going to play anyway...

I suspect so - I'm getting free stuff at no extra cost, no matter how you spin that - I'm ok with it.

However, as they are forcing you OP to go onto 12 month subscriptions - I can see how you might be upset.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I suspect so - I'm getting free stuff at no extra cost, no matter how you spin that - I'm ok with it.

However, as they are forcing you OP to go onto 12 month subscriptions - I can see how you might be upset.
    What happens if something in your life changes, and you cannot play wow for 5-6 months of the year. Is it still free? Is it still a good deal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

the 12 month sub isn't that different from the 6 month sub really. that said, i expect the 6 month sub to start taking a backseat to the 12 month sub for promotional deals with totally and definitely not unique mounts that will be added to the store later. cause why get people who don't understand basic economics and money management to buy a 6 month sub when you get likely get a 12 month sub instead?

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    What happens if something in your life changes,
    Then my rent, the food I bought, my car, the car rego, my internet fees, my mobile fees, my ..., my ..., my ... and my WoW sub will all go to waste.

Of all the things that could go wrong - WoW is the most likely thing I'll be able to do.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    the 12 month sub isn't that different from the 6 month sub really. that said, i expect the 6 month sub to start taking a backseat to the 12 month sub for promotional deals with totally and definitely not unique mounts that will be added to the store later. cause why get people who don't understand basic economics and money management to buy a 6 month sub when you get likely get a 12 month sub instead?
    Well for starters you get $75 (3 mounts versus 1 for the 6 month sub) of store mounts, plus a WotlK mount, tabard and pet. So there is that, that's not exactly nothing. If they don't play WotlK and are 100% certain that they will never want those mounts then then 6 month sub might be enough for those people. But at the end of the day I'm sure it wouldn't hurt Blizzard's feelings if you don't get the 12 month sub, and a few months down the road change your mind and end up giving them $25 per mount from the cash shop.