Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Its usually the same deal as most Scandinavian countries have, including mine.
    Amazon, blizz, etc dont send a proper CVC2 request, which doesn't forward the 2FA authentication your and my bank requires. Which means an automatic decline on payment.
    Some banks you can circumvent this in settings for your online bank. Usually its opening up online purchases for under 1000 sek/nok.
    Some banks lets you open the account freely for ONLINE purchases for a 15-60 minutes period.

Its probably something like that for you too.
    All though, recently blizzard has added the correct CVC2 check and all my cards has worked all of 2022 (before, only 1 of 3 cards worked for blizzard, due to settings and regulations i explained above).

Neither blizzard or your bank can do anything about this.
    Blizzard will say its your bank that's the problem
    And your bank will say that blizzard needs to update their systems from a decade ago.
    And you'll be stuck in the middle.

A workaround will be creating a paypal account and linking your credit card that way.
    Or buying like paysafe cards and using that.

You can also have a friend gift it for you.
    Or have them send you blizzard store credits you then use.
    There's option but not real solution to your actual problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Chargebacks is the issue most of the time.
    I pay stuff online in the thousands on the regular so my bank must not have such a barrier on my account and they listed no such thing when I contacted them either. So it must be as you say a problem with the bank handshake. We have what we call BankId in Norway and it does prompt for it, asking for 2 part identification and everything, but after confirming and everything I just get the "Payment declined" message like you said.

PayPal was not a listed option for me, only Visa/MasterCard, so that is not an option sadly or else I would have used that in a heartbeat.

But seriously, it's like they don't want us as customers and I find that frustrating. I've played this game since Vanilla. Been on every launch since Wotlk and have all the CEs since then. While I can get digital key I and get the cost of the digital edition refunded as Blizz credit later I still need to be able to get the CE in the first place and I don't trust secondhand sellers with digital codes in CEs.

Getting a friend outside Norway to purchase it is currently not an option for me due to very few of my close online friends still playing the game. I don't really have any irl friends outside Norway that do.

- - - Updated - - -

Read my explanation above. Thats the issue
    Replied above.

Also I might have misunderstood one part regarding the bank. Gonna reply again with question.

- - - Updated - - -

Read my explanation above. Thats the issue
    Regarding the bank stuff, the window you speak of, does it mean they remove the need for BankID at all in a brief moment to make such purchases possible? I was a little thrown off by the under 1000sek comment. The CE is closer to 1500nok in price plus shipping so not sure it can be used here if there is a price limit.
    Last edited by Pakheth; 2022-11-03 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Addendum.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    I pay stuff online in the thousands on the regular so my bank must not have such a barrier on my account and they listed no such thing when I contacted them either. So it must be as you say a problem with the bank handshake. We have what we call BankId in Norway and it does prompt for it, asking for 2 part identification and everything, but after confirming and everything I just get the "Payment declined" message like you said.
    Wait What? Hmmm.... Now i'm confused because when you have an issue buying online, weather it be blizzard, amazon or you name it. Thats the only issue 99% of the time.
    We also have bankid and no purchase over 200 (its default for 2 of my banks, pretty sure they all have similar) will be allowed without a 2FA (bankid) verification.
    One of my banks allows whats called "Free online shopping" that you enable for 60 minutes and is turned off automatically that ignores the bankid portion and just accepts anything with your card number and cvv code.

Far as the technical stuff that happens...
    What triggers that is called a CVC2 auth request, which is the digital form of the CVV code (the 3 letters back of your card).
    Without it, it won't send a 3D ID request (mobile bankid) and your bank will always (rightfully so) automatically decline the payment.
    For security reasons, the retailer can't tell you what went wrong without said request but if you actually enter it and its successful?
    Both blizzard and certainly your bank knows why the payment was declined.
    As you may notice, ive spent tens of hours with these issues and if I was you?

I would call up my bank first thing tomorrow and give them the transaction id for the latest purchase attempt that failed and ask them to tell you why.
    And they will sort it out for you

- - - Updated - - -

Regarding the bank stuff, the window you speak of, does it mean they remove the need for BankID at all in a brief moment to make such purchases possible? I was a little thrown off by the under 1000sek comment. The CE is closer to 1500nok in price plus shipping so not sure it can be used here if there is a price limit.
    I have 3 different banks and 2 of them has always had issues with blizzard for the past decade, always requiring some special trick.
    Its only the last year or so blizzard has started sending the bankid request and now all my cards works.
    Before that, you could log into your online banking, go to your card and under settings you could open up the card for online shopping, meaning it would ignore the bankid request and you could just shop away. This was primarily done for amazon that straight out refuses to implement said authentication(my bank words).
    My other bank would do something similar but it had limits on amounts you could spend, mine was up to a maximum of 5000 sek. Another one was only 1000 (that is without bankid).

And third bank? They don't seem to really care and just allows whatever long as its known vendors or payment providers and just declines all small 3rd party vendors.
    In your case where bankid actually works and prompts? Just call your bank bro.
    They will know for certain as they can see the whole chain of events, from purchase to decline.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently not subbed so not able to do so. Not going to resub just to contact them, especially when I have no interest in playing right now. And we tried BattleNet customer support and never got an answer, which is just lovely. Think the Overwatch 2 stuff overshadowed our ticket.
    That sucks. Personally, I would keep at until I received an answer.

G'luck

Haven't read through the entire thread so idk if this has been brought up already, but have you tried Amazon for buying your physical CE? Or contacting any of your local retailers in order to pre-order from them?

15+ Year Old Account
    From what I could find out there is nothing wrong with it. I purchase from other stores all around the globe all the time, but only Blizzard Gear Store is giving me this issue. And I can purchase stuff from the BattleNet store without issue.

I also find it odd they don't offer PayPal or even Stripe as an option.
    I'd still try contacting your bank to see if they can see in any more detail what exactly is going wrong. I'd say do the same with Blizzard but that's hopeless lol.

Surely your bank should be able to see why exactly the transaction keeps getting declined.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Haven't read through the entire thread so idk if this has been brought up already, but have you tried Amazon for buying your physical CE? Or contacting any of your local retailers in order to pre-order from them?
    I was under the impression Amazon and other retailers don't have the CE. I thought it was exclusively available on the Blizzard Gear Store.

15+ Year Old Account
    I only get the option to pay with credit or debit card(Visa/MasterCard) No other option.
    Are you using Chrome? On the Blizzard support page they list that google pay is only an option when using Chrome.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

They really fucked up this year with DF being sold only from blizzards shitty site and not authorised retailers, where I've bought all the other CE boxes (yes, all of them since 2005) in the past.

Had the same problem as OP. Tried multiple cards for weeks (this was back when they first made the prepurchase available, like in august(?) and nothing worked. Mastercard declined, VISA card declined, AMEX declined. No issue on my end. Tried contacting their support, but they were useless.

Since this is the only gaming thing I collect and I've got all the other boxes, this was really annoying. Eventually found a workaround with a virtual card. Couple days ago I got a mail that it is on its way and will be delivered on monday 7th nov. Total price with shipping etc was like 170eur so significantly more expensive this time also.

Terrible experience, Blizzards gear store or whatever the fuck its called, is really shitty. And from what I heard, they're sold out now so you'll probably have to buy from a scalper for even more absurd overprice.

Having the same issue, though I'm in Sweden. This is beyond ridiculous, it's absolutely embarrassing on their part.

Is it actually even coming up in the store still?
    When I checked like a week ago, it was sold out, and it's still saying sold out now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    When I checked like a week ago, it was sold out, and it's still saying sold out now.
    On the EU store it looks like the German and English version have not sold out yet. Only the French version has. The UK store also doesn't have it sold out yet.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    On the EU store it looks like the German and English version have not sold out yet. Only the French version has. The UK store also doesn't have it sold out yet.
    Makes sense. NAs been sold out for a bit but I figured it was one batch they made at the start, since I heard other locations outside of the US were getting charged pretty hefty for shipping

For the NA store it has been sold out a bit over a week. In short at least for NA if you didn't pre-order one your not getting one cause they started shipping out on the first.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I was under the impression Amazon and other retailers don't have the CE. I thought it was exclusively available on the Blizzard Gear Store.
    That is indeed the case. Only available in Blizzard's gier store... and fuck them for that. Not accepting common payment methods that every other store on the web offers is just the icing on the cake. I took that as a sign that it was about time to stop collecting Blizzard's (in quality decreasing anyway) collector's editions and I guess I can just pirate the only thing of worth in it; the artbook.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2022-11-05 at 05:39 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    For the NA store it has been sold out a bit over a week. In short at least for NA if you didn't pre-order one your not getting one cause they started shipping out on the first.
    I managed to grab an order mid-Oct and mine still hasn't shipped out yet, so I guess theyre going in order of orders still.

I managed to grab an order mid-Oct and mine still hasn't shipped out yet, so I guess theyre going in order of orders still.
    Same, I wanted to use the "refund" I get for the digital version to resub but I had to spend the $.

Edit: Right after this post mine came in.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2022-11-06 at 11:05 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I'm curious, what did your bank tell you when you called them?
    Bit interesting to hear what the cause what since bankid worked for you and everything.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious, what did your bank tell you when you called them?
    Bit interesting to hear what the cause what since bankid worked for you and everything.
    I won't be able to call them before in the morning. But trust me I will let you guys know when I figure it out.

Also a PS to the people sending me messages offering to have it shipped to me from the UK, thank you but I will not trust strangers with this I'm afraid.

this is majorly the fault of all these fucking moron imbeciles who proudly and boastfully announced year after year since the late 2000s that "why buy physical boxes anymore lol i buy STEAM ONLY because i'm SO FUCKING COOL".

thus gaming companies realized they could get away with selling empty boxes with only cd keys inside them and eventually realized it was more hastle for them to create any sort of physical boxes than just have people buy the game online - they'd make more money by not needing 3rd parties to make and prepare all those special boxes for shipment.

Eventually (probably next expansion), collector's will be announced as limited edition and will cost 400-500$, and fucking degenerates will still pay for that despite all the other degenerates complaining about it (though they still pay hundreds/thousand a year on hearthstone cards, character serevices, multiple accounts to keep their entire family hooked in this shit etc etC)

Congratulations you fucking idiots: you've killed physical boxes. You've killed the wonderful feel of going to the store, maybe seeing other people buying the game and having a quick excited chat, taking the ride back home, opening the box and finding cool goodies inside such as posters and lore manuals etc then slowly watching the game install from a CD/DVD or what could've been a USB keys for future games.

No, enjoy your digital fucking revolution, may you choke on it and shit pixelated bricks on the other side you soulless pieces of shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lol2022 View Post
    *reee am mad etc*
    Why so mad

Ordered no problem from the UK and received the physical item a few days ago. They tend to be available on eBay if you have issues albeit with a higher price. When I checked a few days ago EU store still had stock.