Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Agree it's a very small change, but it is undocumented. Suggest adding it to the wiki.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Pat...ented_changes)

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    If it is inconsequential, as you say, why does it matter?
    Since it's inconsequential, as they said, why bother nerfing it?

The same goes to everyone else in the thread whining about the people complaining about it. If it's so meaningless, insigifnicant, and pointless, why are you losing your sh*t over the people who've noticed it and are actually affected by it?

Oh no, it shaves seconds--SECONDS--off someone's mass crafting time! GET THE NERFSTICK OUT AND CRANK IT TO ELEVEN!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Man screw all the people not engaging with OP's point at all and sidestepping it by dismissing his criticisms as un-important/pointless. That's not how you foster a healthy community for discussion. You're not adding anything to the conversation except for useless dribble (full offense intended). I wish moderators all across the internet would implement a new discussion based rule that states your post should make an attempt at engaging with the point the OP is making, instead of dismissing it. This shit is becoming way too obnoxiously prevalent across the internet to the point you can barely start any topic without a bunch of shmucks coming in trying to dismiss your critique with a bunch of logical fallacies.

That said, they likely changed it because professions are getting a solid revamp in DF and Blizzard doesn't want people to feel 100% compelled to be a DI dwarf if they want to get into BS with the new impact professions are going to have. It's lame they didn't document it but I can't fault the reasoning behind it, assuming that is the reasoning behind it. After all a 25% increase in BS crafting speed is quite the amount that gives DI dwarves a significant profit/hr compared to non-DI dwarves. 10% is still decently sized but much less so and more tolerable.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2022-11-04 at 08:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    Man screw all the people not engaging with OP's point at all and sidestepping it by dismissing his criticisms as un-important/pointless. That's not how you foster a healthy community for discussion. You're not adding anything to the conversation except for useless dribble (full offense intended). I wish moderators all across the internet would implement a new discussion based rule that states your post should make an attempt at engaging with the point the OP is making, instead of dismissing it. This shit is becoming way too obnoxiously prevalent across the internet to the point you can barely start any topic without a bunch of shmucks coming in trying to dismiss your critique with a bunch of logical fallacies.

That said, they likely changed it because professions are getting a solid revamp in DF and Blizzard doesn't want people to feel 100% compelled to be a DI dwarf if they want to get into BS with the new impact professions are going to have. It's lame they didn't document it but I can't fault the reasoning behind it, assuming that is the reasoning behind it.
    Yeah my first thought as to why they nerfed it was for the professions revamp. Would have been nice to document it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteady 87 View Post

The same goes to everyone else in the thread whining about the people complaining about it. If it's so meaningless, insigifnicant, and pointless, why are you losing your sh*t over the people who've noticed it and are actually affected by it?

Oh no, it shaves seconds--SECONDS--off someone's mass crafting time! GET THE NERFSTICK OUT AND CRANK IT TO ELEVEN!!!
    Who is "losing their shit"? What a load of rubbish. OP himself calls it inconsequential. By definition, not important. That's goes BOTH ways, including the nerf. It doesn't matter, it's all just fake outrage and drama from people like yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    I think he meant in terms of PvE or PvP or to anyone who is not Dark iron.

This thing could not possibly have bothered or interfered with anything so much that it could justify a 15% nerf.
    Exactly what i was trying to say.
    Its not like im gonna throw down a thermal anvil in the middle of a BG and craft new gear or something, it was just a nice little perk of being a dark iron that was more quality of life than anything.
    Also, they let taurens have the racial to gather herbs faster despite gear enchants allowing for fast gathering for awhile now, so it legit does not make any sense for them to nerf it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteady 87 View Post

Actually if you read the post, it adds an extra hour every 4 inventories i craft, which is very VERY substantial.
    And by inconsequencial, i mean that it does not give an advantage in any pve or pvp content whatsoever, it was just a quirky little bonus for leveling a dark iron.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    You sell.. sharpening stones? They hardly sell on my server at least. It isn't really much of a loss. I sell about 1000 Netherweave Bags pr. week, and just set my tailor to make bolts while I watch something.
    Someone buys netherweave bags?!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    This is a nonsense problem for 0.00001% of people.

No one cares, you don't even need to be at your computer for that extra time.
    Might already be said, but it clearly cared to Blizzard, for some reason.

The reason it shouldn't matter though, people don't automate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Someone buys netherweave bags?!
    A lot do, especially new alts or returning/new players because Netherweave Bags sell for 6-8 gold each (Many try to hype it to 16-20 and I undercut because Netherweave Bags have become a standard in leveling.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I would not say it is inconsequential. There is potential value in buying mats and flipping them as alloys with a BS specialized in those crafts and a significant speed boost in crafting definitely increases how much you can make for your time spend. Just think of how long it could take to actually craft legendary items in SL if you crafted everything yourself, so many intermediate steps that could take several minutes to complete given the volume of crafting required.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnotadentist View Post
    Mass Production. The Dark Iron Dwarf racial that made them craft Blacksmithing things 25% faster as well as giving a small boost to the Skill level.
    That is until the last patch...
    They nerfed this racial down to 10%, which may not seem like a huge deal to anyone, but it is somewhat to me.
    I usually Craft 10-20k Sharpenening stones to sell on the AH, and a Full inventory of 2940 would take 73.5 minutes. (1.5 s a stone x 2940)/ 60
    Now a full inventory takes 88.2 minutes.
    I dont get why they nerfed this rather inconsequencial racial, much less why they would do it sneaky like, but like what the heck yo.
    With the somewhat overhaul of Professions in Dragonflight, it's not much of a surprise it got nerfed

Can't say I'm too surprised. After all, they nerfed every other crafting profession bonus. Or rather normalized them, since they all give +5skill now.

Gnomish racial of +15 engineering used to be a major boon when leveling engineering, as easy to craft recipes would give skill-ups for 15 additional skills.

The only racials standing apart now are DI Dwarf crafting speed and I suppose Lightforged Draenei being able to summon an anvil.

In any case an odd choice to give 2 of the first 3 Alliance allied races a blacksmithing related racial.

We're then left with the couple of gathering professions like faster herbing for tauren or skinning for worgen as probably the most useful profession racials.

But I think Blizzard really should've tried to rethink every profession related racial rather than just homogenize them to a basically useless +5 skill.

Hell, with the profession revamp, make the racials interact with the new profession stats in some way.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I would not say it is inconsequential. There is potential value in buying mats and flipping them as alloys with a BS specialized in those crafts and a significant speed boost in crafting definitely increases how much you can make for your time spend. Just think of how long it could take to actually craft legendary items in SL if you crafted everything yourself, so many intermediate steps that could take several minutes to complete given the volume of crafting required.
    Okay but does my BS being slightly faster make other people unable to craft what i am crafting?
    Sure, through all the steps of crafting ingots to making a legendary, you would save (.5 seconds x 40 ingot crafts {which gives 80 ingots}) 20 seconds a legendary.
    thats not hugely advantageous, its a quality of life thing for dark irons.
    also its not like BS is equal to alchemy or cooking, where every class uses the consumes you make.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnotadentist View Post
    Okay but does my BS being slightly faster make other people unable to craft what i am crafting?
    Sure, through all the steps of crafting ingots to making a legendary, you would save (.5 seconds x 40 ingot crafts {which gives 80 ingots}) 20 seconds a legendary.
    thats not hugely advantageous, its a quality of life thing for dark irons.
    also its not like BS is equal to alchemy or cooking, where every class uses the consumes you make.
    Where it comes in to effect is that because you've got the crafting speed increase in your racial, you won't need to craft your profession gear with +crafting speed on it, which means you've got more free slots to add things like multi-crafting, recipe chance etc, which translates directly in to getting a significant advantage over other people.

They obviously want you to have that capability to a certain degree, but that 25% was way too large, and that they changed it because crafting speed was literally insignificant up until Dragonflight, and now it won't be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Where it comes in to effect is that because you've got the crafting speed increase in your racial, you won't need to craft your profession gear with +crafting speed on it, which means you've got more free slots to add things like multi-crafting, recipe chance etc, which translates directly in to getting a significant advantage over other people.

They obviously want you to have that capability to a certain degree, but that 25% was way too large, and that they changed it because crafting speed was literally insignificant up until Dragonflight, and now it won't be.
    And yet there's Horde with super Herbing and Mining speeds that don't get nerfed because that's fine... so yeah, thanks again Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    And yet there's Horde with super Herbing and Mining speeds that don't get nerfed because that's fine... so yeah, thanks again Blizzard
    And Alliance has super skinning speeds and free anvils ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

This is plain poor design. They degrade the rest of the game so their poorly-designed new content is worth pursuing. Then again, what do you except an extremely incompetent group of designers?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post

That said, they likely changed it because professions are getting a solid revamp in DF and Blizzard doesn't want people to feel 100% compelled to be a DI dwarf if they want to get into BS with the new impact professions are going to have. It's lame they didn't document it but I can't fault the reasoning behind it, assuming that is the reasoning behind it. After all a 25% increase in BS crafting speed is quite the amount that gives DI dwarves a significant profit/hr compared to non-DI dwarves. 10% is still decently sized but much less so and more tolerable.
    If you criticize the game of the addicts, they will get frustrated obnoxious. Any criticism made against WoW is a criticism made against the addicts.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2022-11-05 at 09:49 PM.

oh no, 15 extra minutes on crafting tens of thousands of items
    such a huge nerf

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    oh no, 15 extra minutes on crafting tens of thousands of items
    such a huge nerf
    its 15 mintes per 2940 items actually.
    and considering that it takes my crafting time from just over an hour to almost 1 1/2 hours, its not a great time for me.
    and it is a huge nerf becasuse they more than halved the ispeed buff. 25% -> 10% is pretty big, especially when the nerf amount is more than the % left.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    The nerf is only needless in the current situation. Once we get in to DF, a 25% increased crafting speed would be an insane benefit.
    Insane is a bit hyperbolic.
    Kupo.