Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Crafting Orders aren't completed by NPCs, you're just wrong on that point. Crafting Orders are completed by other players.

Probably one of two reasons:
    1. It slipped through the cracks, things happen sometimes, changes get missed.
    2. They didn't consider it significant enough to warrant adding the to patch notes.

Hanlon's Razor is a pretty decent adage to keep in mind, "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." Sometimes shit just happens.
    I figured the Work orders functioned the same way they did in WOD, where npcs actually handle the work orders and they get filled. Still am not getting how finishing crafting faster is a huge advatange, but I suppose I was mistaken if thats how they are handled.
    As for it simply being missed, thats laughable to think. They nore bugs so miniscual to the game in almost every patch notes or hotfix post.
    And to think something like nerfing a passive from 25% -> 10% is something that just slips the mind is, again, laughable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mechagnome View Post
    First off, not a keyboard warrior. I just can't stand whining, or posts that resemble it. Second, you and about 12 other blacksmiths in the game are actually upset enough to run to a forum to bitch about it. Third, if you have the right to bitch about nerfs, and exercise that right, prepare for people to "respond" to you the way people tend to do. Ultimately, this is a first world problem that did not require you to play the part of the Blue Tracker and come out shouting about it to "Announce" jack shit. Pretty sure the adjustment was announced and buried in some patch notes from a hot fix, or another upload, and no one bothered to read it then either. But, if you really feel like this is a heated subject, and you want to announce it and warn folks about it, the most helpful spot would be here: https://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/279-Professions

But don't be shocked that you made a thread here and people expressed their own view on the matter. We all knew it was coming since crafting is finally being made useful again in DragonFlight. Racials were bound to play a part in it. If you're right, there will be more threads like this one in the coming weeks complaining about that extra 13 minutes of crafting.
    Upset that the games quality of life feature that mattered to me got nerfed? wow how crappy of me!
    Did not mean to trigger you by calling you a keyboard warrior, but man you have to see the irony here. You hate whining but then you are pounding out a paragraph in which you're whining about me noting a nerf.
    Hows that shower coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Imnotadentist View Post
    I figured the Work orders functioned the same way they did in WOD, where npcs actually handle the work orders and they get filled. Still am not getting how finishing crafting faster is a huge advatange, but I suppose I was mistaken if thats how they are handled.
    As for it simply being missed, thats laughable to think. They nore bugs so miniscual to the game in almost every patch notes or hotfix post.
    And to think something like nerfing a passive from 25% -> 10% is something that just slips the mind is, again, laughable.
    You consider it laughable because it's important to you, but I have met literally zero other people who care about crafting speed. So it's very possible that blizz just figured that nobody would care, because let's be honest, your input on the matter is an outlier that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    You consider it laughable because it's important to you, but I have met literally zero other people who care about crafting speed. So it's very possible that blizz just figured that nobody would care, because let's be honest, your input on the matter is an outlier that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.
    I find it laughable you think a nerf from 25% to 10% is forgetable.
    Its a large nerf, and for a specific race. Hell they hardly touch racials nowadays, and not like the gathering racials were touched. So yeah it seems like something someone would remember doing.
    My outlook doesnt matter? Okay. Thats why this threads so damn long, and youre still replying to it. Maybe your excuse for blizzard is weak, and unwarranted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still am not getting how finishing crafting faster is a huge advatange
    I've explained why multiple times, If it doesn't make sense then maybe you should ask specific questions about what you don't understand instead of hitting caps lock and telling me I'm wrong about something that you could have double checked in a minute.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2022-11-15 at 08:35 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechagnome View Post
    So another 15 mins of AFK time.... hmmm
    less actually, because crafting gear in dragonflight can come with a crafting speed stat.

- - - Updated - - -

okay ill say it a third time for you. CRAFTING ORDERS ARE DONE BY NPCS, NOT THE CHARACTERS THEMSELVES SO THE RACIAL WOULD NOT EFFECT THE SPEED OF WHICH YOU GET ORDERS.
    How many times do we need to tell you, crafting orders are NOT done by NPC's...
    you are hella fucking cocky for someone who is hilariously fucking wrong.

There is some tutorial quests that do, but no crafting orders are the AH, those quests are just tutorials.

and the fact you thought they were work orders like wod garrisons proves what we said 5 pages ago, you literally cry about stuff without doing even a second of research.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

There is some tutorial quests that do, but no crafting orders are the AH, those quests are just tutorials.

and the fact you thought they were work orders like wod garrisons proves what we said 5 pages ago, you literally cry about stuff without doing even a second of research.
    Glad to see I was not the ONLY person who got it.

- - - Updated - - -

Upset that the games quality of life feature that mattered to me got nerfed? wow how crappy of me!
    Did not mean to trigger you by calling you a keyboard warrior, but man you have to see the irony here. You hate whining but then you are pounding out a paragraph in which you're whining about me noting a nerf.
    Hows that shower coming?
    Oh I wasn't whining. I was "announcing" your wrongness and the method in which you expressed it. I figured others would want to know.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    less actually, because crafting gear in dragonflight can come with a crafting speed stat.

- - - Updated - - -

to quote myself
    "I figured the Work orders functioned the same way they did in WOD, where npcs actually handle the work orders and they get filled. Still am not getting how finishing crafting faster is a huge advatange, but I suppose I was mistaken if thats how they are handled.
    And to think something like nerfing a passive from 25% -> 10% is something that just slips the mind is, again, laughable."

10+ Year Old Account
    to quote myself
    "I figured the Work orders functioned the same way they did in WOD, where npcs actually handle the work orders and they get filled. Still am not getting how finishing crafting faster is a huge advatange, but I suppose I was mistaken if thats how they are handled.
    And to think something like nerfing a passive from 25% -> 10% is something that just slips the mind is, again, laughable."
    Not every change is a huge meeting of 12 people sitting around discussing things. It's incredibly obvious to anyone who understands this system why this racial needed to be nerfed, it was likely a few minutes of conversation and probably 30 seconds for someone to change the value in the tables.

The nerf was merited. The ability to stand there 15% less watching a bar go across the screen might have 1 shotted most bosses this expansion.

Really, they could have just gone ahead and make it affect all crafting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroclinic View Post
    The nerf was merited. The ability to stand there 15% less watching a bar go across the screen might have 1 shotted most bosses this expansion.

Really, they could have just gone ahead and make it affect all crafting.
    They nerfed it because it was too strong in the scope of the new system, so you think they should have just gone the opposite direction and buffed it even more and made DI dwarf the "mandatory" crafting race? I put mandatory in quotes because while it semantically isn't, the efficiency boost of it while you're fighting for Crafting Orders would put anyone not using at a huge detriment in terms of gold/hour.

I also still don't get why people keep bringing up PVE bosses in a thread about crafting. PVE isn't the only end game aspect of the game that needs to be balanced.