Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DracoTH View Post
    Lore has always been something that matters in wow some races wouldn't be some classes because of their history but with this we can have everything for everyone you wanna be a warlock lightforged be one your spells will be holy and appart of the fire and shadow damage you would also do holy damage your demons will be infused with the light and you'll be melee instado of caster making your demonbolt a demonstrike for example
    I think it works

- - - Updated - - -

I like racial culture if I'm a gnome it's because of their history in gnomeregan if I'm an undead it's because i was in Lordaeron when the blight came
    These wouldn't make you do more damage than others they would just change your playstyle and make you have more things that represent your race a espectral banshee form for the undead a mechsuit for gnomes
    You can't have something that changes playstyle and not have any impact on damage or survivability. Being able to combat mounted or fly in instances is such a huge game changer.

What you are proposing here is a balancing nightmare and complete mess. If they are adding more race/class combos then we need less race impact on gameplay not more.

I think that at most cases its ok. Tauren mages are not so difficult to beleive. Just slap them to Dalaran and we are golden. Same with rogues, since its very wide archetype. Starting with pirates and ending with magic shadowninjas. With all kinds of outlaws inbetween. LF Draenei rogues is little more odd, since they are all that righteous. But exiles-trope can solve that. Same with most warlocks.

My main problem is lack of visual for some race/class combos. Totems for shamans is one of that problems here. We already have NE shamans, human shamans ingame. But 0 new totems. Heck, taurens still use old 18 years old model, despite having ingame new one.
    Some combos need a little more time. Put more elemental-aligned NPCs of various races. Same as NE in DF.
    Nightborne should have druids, but Tel'Arn druids. Humans should be druids, even a dwarf can be druids!
    Worgens and Goblins should have monks like 10 years already.
    Remake that ugle horse of BE paladins, give holy raptor for trolls, holy wolf for orcs. New horse for Kul-Tirans. Cats for Elves.

And some combos should have bigger job to be done. Gnome/Goblin druids, Void elves paladins, both draeneis warlocks. Maybe there should be class skin for that.
    And maybe bigger job - Demon hunters. Like 40th new models for Meta? new customize for all races besides NE and BE? Its real pain.

Say goodbye to factions.

I know a lot of people don't want that without lore for it, but not only that, if we get every class for every race, our races would just become a skin, something that doesn't matter, but, what if we could have our racial identity while having all the classes for everyone.

Racial Talent Trees
    This is what I would love to have if they give us all clases, but not like some might think, it wouldn't be purely cosmetic, or just a few points to make our racial stronger, we would also have new mechanics, that would change between races, here are my ideas for every race(allied races included)

Alliance:
    Base races:
    Human: and in the end of the talent tree the final talents would be the same for everyone, the ability to use ground mounts on instances and make them faster, and the mounted combat ability, so every human with his talent tree at max would be able to fight in his mount, taking benefits from it.

Void Elf: One path focused on void magic.

?

So the one is very much game breaking and op, guaranteed to get race swaps, and the other is void elf. lol.

Most of these sound better than most of the class abilities, which makes them more appealing, making the idea of them just being a skin completely obsolete.

Also, you either main alliance or just couldn't be arsed filling out the horde side with more detail when you got to that section.

Hopefully the "flimsy masks" some receive during the Halloween time frame is as far as the op's idea goes.

Quote Originally Posted by ABK Morgan View Post
    So the one is very much game breaking and op, guaranteed to get race swaps, and the other is void elf. lol.

Most of these sound better than most of the class abilities, which makes them more appealing, making the idea of them just being a skin completely obsolete.

Also, you either main alliance or just couldn't be arsed filling out the horde side with more detail when you got to that section.
    Yeah actually I wanna improve my ideas for the horde only ones i have a clear idea are goblins and undead
    Goblins having diferentes turrets a mecha suit that is less powerfull than gnome but it will have a mechanic were it starts to get more unestable and does a lot more damage than the gnome one with the posibility of exploding if you don't get all that pressure out with some abilities
    The undead talent tree would make the banshee build give you better mind control abilities than the ones priests have giving you some resistance to physical damage
    The dark ranger build would increase your movility making your spells different tipes of arrow you can cast while moving and some neceomancee abilities
    The apothecary build would have a lot more of necromancy and potions while giving a blight effect to wathever touches you so if you are melee or if you olay against melee they will fall sick and when they die they're raised as lesser undead minions

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    You can't have something that changes playstyle and not have any impact on damage or survivability. Being able to combat mounted or fly in instances is such a huge game changer.
    I know but playing with the numbers one could make that if this race is a little better than the other in this aspect then the other will be better on the other aspect while trying to keep the gape short only the really competitive people would go other race for a 3 to 5% advantage in x thing casual players would be interesting in having characters of different races to try all the versions of their class and people that have a main race can experiment with the talent trees and the classes they can be to make their gameplay more fun

I know but playing with the numbers one could make that if this race is a little better than the other in this aspect then the other will be better on the other aspect while trying to keep the gape short only the really competitive people would go other race for a 3 to 5% advantage in x thing casual players would be interesting in having characters of different races to try all the versions of their class and people that have a main race can experiment with the talent trees and the classes they can be to make their gameplay more fun
    Covenants already showed us that's not how it works in reality. Even the casual players will just pick what the content creators they watch tell them is best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Covenants already showed us that's not how it works in reality. Even the casual players will just pick what the content creators they watch tell them is best.
    Then again if we make every race have different advantages, even if the other race is superior in one thing, this would be superior on the other, so a lot of races would be viable for different things, making it that way, a lot of races would be played, maybe not every race would be affected positively by this but a lot would and they could rotate between patches or expansions to make every race viable at some point and keep moving them, they could even make it to represent something happening in that moment, it would've been great to see that in kul tiras, dazar alor and mechagon for example, it would be great, every race would get it's time to shine

Then again if we make every race have different advantages, even if the other race is superior in one thing, this would be superior on the other, so a lot of races would be viable for different things, making it that way, a lot of races would be played, maybe not every race would be affected positively by this but a lot would and they could rotate between patches or expansions to make every race viable at some point and keep moving them, they could even make it to represent something happening in that moment, it would've been great to see that in kul tiras, dazar alor and mechagon for example, it would be great, every race would get it's time to shine
    Every race is ALREADY played, your additions give zero benefit in this regard.
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know much about the zandalari or troll loas in general, thanks for the ideas, could you gat me some information on the other loas they workship? zandalari having six paths could work really well, and for the darkspear too, it would help a lot to get my ideas more organized and start developing how the talents would go
    Basically, as a Zandalari you interact with one specific loa of your choosing. "Loa" just means "deity." Some even overlap with other cultures, for example Zandalari balance druids worship Elune, who you may recognize from Night Elf stuff. There are a few exceptions to this, such as Gonk (a raptor, the loa of shapes & and pack - he is the reason Zandalari druids can shapeshift ). Gonk doesn't mind if you worship other loas, but he is unique in this way. The other major exception is the loa chosen by the royal family, who is sort of worshipped/honoured by everybody in addition to their own chosen loa. Traditionally this was Rezen (the T-rex, loa of kings, royalty, nobility and the light) but since he was murdered (and condemned to the maw where his soul was badly damaged, and then fused with spirit of Vol'jin) the new loa chosen by the royal family is Bwonsamdi (a troll, loa and caretaker of the dead, deals, and patron saint of shadow hunters).

I think the major loa would probably be Bwonsamdi (loa of death), Gonk (loa of shapes/the pack), Pa'ku (loa of the sky, wind), Akunda (loa of memories and thunder), Kimbul (loa of beasts), Krag'wa (loa of feasts, hunger). A fan favourite (but not necessarily a "major" loa) is Jani, loa of trash, theft and poverty. Basically it's a tiny invisible pink dinosaur that runs around and robs the rich and gives to the orphans, but also piles of garbage.

Another interesting one would be G'huun, an old god. A bunch of the Zandalari started worshipping this old god as "the loa of blood" and became blood trolls. It would certainly be an out-of-left-field choice but not a poorly received one.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    most of the race class restrictions never made any sense anyway

any race than can be warrior and priest should have paladins for example
    orcs and dwarves should have always been allowed to be druids for example
    taurens and gnomes should be removed from the game for example

Still waiting for Undead Paladins. Been interested in that since Zeliek from Naxx.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    most of the race class restrictions never made any sense anyway

any race than can be warrior and priest should have paladins for example
    orcs and dwarves should have always been allowed to be druids for example
    taurens and gnomes should be removed from the game for example
    Some restrictions were there because of culture, no Night Elf wants to be a warlock because of everything they suffered because of the burning legion
    The paladin thing for nelfs for example wouldn't make the race justice if they were paladins using naaru things, they workship Elune, who thanks to shadowlands we know is part of the life pantheon, but she is also connected to the light and void, so a night elf paladin should use silver colored attacks for example.
    My Talent tree idea mixes customization and class skins with racial abilities and changes of gameplay
    Taurens and gnomes have some of the best lore in the game, keep them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nenavn View Post
    Still waiting for Undead Paladins. Been interested in that since Zeliek from Naxx.
    Same, I like them using light just like alonsus faol as priests, but having him in the forsaken, why can't he make paladins out of the undead that are willing to do the ritual even though like is painful for them and it makes them regain some of their senses, if they have enough fate, they should be able to be paladins

- - - Updated - - -

Every race is ALREADY played, your additions give zero benefit in this regard.
    most people play blood elve because they are "pretty" there's nothing wrong but races like gnomes have a great story and should be played more, I think the racial talent tree would make people feel more connected to the race, you're a kul tiran, have a ship, be able to shoot people and have your friends help you with the cannons, wanna be a tinker? choose gnome or goblin, gnome for more stable gameplay and goblin for burst, you wanna be a warden, play a night elf and take the glaive specialization, then get the other abilities of that path and become a warden, one thing I fogot to say is that the final talents of every path you can take would give you racial tittles, like warden, keeper of the grove, gnome or goblin tinker, knight, captain, and so on

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Basically, as a Zandalari you interact with one specific loa of your choosing. "Loa" just means "deity." Some even overlap with other cultures, for example Zandalari balance druids worship Elune, who you may recognize from Night Elf stuff. There are a few exceptions to this, such as Gonk (a raptor, the loa of shapes & and pack - he is the reason Zandalari druids can shapeshift ). Gonk doesn't mind if you worship other loas, but he is unique in this way. The other major exception is the loa chosen by the royal family, who is sort of worshipped/honoured by everybody in addition to their own chosen loa. Traditionally this was Rezen (the T-rex, loa of kings, royalty, nobility and the light) but since he was murdered (and condemned to the maw where his soul was badly damaged, and then fused with spirit of Vol'jin) the new loa chosen by the royal family is Bwonsamdi (a troll, loa and caretaker of the dead, deals, and patron saint of shadow hunters).

I think the major loa would probably be Bwonsamdi (loa of death), Gonk (loa of shapes/the pack), Pa'ku (loa of the sky, wind), Akunda (loa of memories and thunder), Kimbul (loa of beasts), Krag'wa (loa of feasts, hunger). A fan favourite (but not necessarily a "major" loa) is Jani, loa of trash, theft and poverty. Basically it's a tiny invisible pink dinosaur that runs around and robs the rich and gives to the orphans, but also piles of garbage.

Another interesting one would be G'huun, an old god. A bunch of the Zandalari started worshipping this old god as "the loa of blood" and became blood trolls. It would certainly be an out-of-left-field choice but not a poorly received one.
    Thanks for this I'll see what can I do to make a better talent tree for the zandalari

most people play blood elve because they are "pretty" there's nothing wrong but races like gnomes have a great story and should be played more, I think the racial talent tree would make people feel more connected to the race, you're a kul tiran, have a ship, be able to shoot people and have your friends help you with the cannons, wanna be a tinker? choose gnome or goblin, gnome for more stable gameplay and goblin for burst, you wanna be a warden, play a night elf and take the glaive specialization, then get the other abilities of that path and become a warden, one thing I fogot to say is that the final talents of every path you can take would give you racial tittles, like warden, keeper of the grove, gnome or goblin tinker, knight, captain, and so on
    So you would just be forcing players to play races they don't want to play, by attaching gameplay benefits to them. Awful system.

Alliance

Ive wanted Draenei Demon hunters ever since ive seen these pictures of examples floating around the web

So you would just be forcing players to play races they don't want to play, by attaching gameplay benefits to them. Awful system.
    Not force them, like I said there's nothing wrong with someone playing one race or another but some races that are great but not good looking are affected by this if some wants to play some race they can do it but I want to incentive people to play other things maybe out of pure curiosity or maybe someone recommended them that race
    I want people to try different things if they want to I don't want to force them to play something

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal250 View Post
    Ive wanted Draenei Demon hunters ever since ive seen these pictures of examples floating around the web
    They would be awesome and make them have a man ari skin tone
    That way we can have both lock and dh

Not force them, like I said there's nothing wrong with someone playing one race or another but some races that are great but not good looking are affected by this if some wants to play some race they can do it but I want to incentive people to play other things maybe out of pure curiosity or maybe someone recommended them that race
    I want people to try different things if they want to I don't want to force them to play something
    Players can already try different things if they want to, making new characters is free, so you can recreate your current character is a different race, see how it feels.

It's an indisputable fact, as soon as you apply gameplay benefits to races, people switch to those races enmasse. You've only got to look at how rapidly the Horde:Alliance ratio flipped once the Horde Racials were strong for PvE for evidence of that, and even though they've nerfed racials in to the ground, the ratios have never recovered.

Players can already try different things if they want to, making new characters is free, so you can recreate your current character is a different race, see how it feels.

It's an indisputable fact, as soon as you apply gameplay benefits to races, people switch to those races enmasse. You've only got to look at how rapidly the Horde:Alliance ratio flipped once the Horde Racials were strong for PvE for evidence of that, and even though they've nerfed racials in to the ground, the ratios have never recovered.
    But races don't change their experience that much in this moment making races have new customization would help.
    I know about the problem that the horde racials caused but look at the dracthyr they have class abilities combined with their racials I know it's unique to that but it gave me idea

But races don't change their experience that much in this moment making races have new customization would help.
    I know about the problem that the horde racials caused but look at the dracthyr they have class abilities combined with their racials I know it's unique to that but it gave me idea
    So again, you'd be making people change their races just to get the benefits, not if they actually want to. You don't seem to realise how the WoW community works, there is no "They'll play around or try new things", it doesn't exist. They'll wait until "the best" has been determined, pick that, and never change, unless they get nerfed/changed, at which point they'll raise high hell because Blizzard is "forcing them to race change to make more money".

The thing is that the Dracthyr can only be a single class, so there's no concern around forcing people to race change, and they can do some fancy stuff with the racials. I fully expect the racials to be changed/nerfed if/when Dracthyr are opened up to other classes.