Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This reminds me I forgot to reserve Gabiru as my Dracthyr name. Nice timing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post

Here neltharion was essentially a great hero then used the dark power because he had no choice
    I mean it's pretty clearly established that he got power from N'Zoth before using it to defeat Raszageth

I can't tell if it's a deliberate choice for nuance or just shoddy scripting that Nozdormu tells the dracthyr that Neltharion locked them up so they couldn't tell on him to the teacher that he was in communion with the Old Gods and then not two minutes later it turns out that Neltharion put them on a timer so they could fight Raszageth instead and they were less in eternal prison and more in a time out.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by stoy View Post
    dragonflight legacies: Chapter three
    having shown emberthal the dragon aspects’ rise and fall, nozdormu takes her on a final trip back through time… so that she may unlock the mysteries of her own past.

<iframe width="900" height="506" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/br3qbffqpga" title="youtube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    evokers cant use polearms.

Quote Originally Posted by mcnally86 View Post

But is he though? The moment his Titan Slave Machine tm broke (why did titans make that?) He went all dark archon. He could have kept using them as disposable troops but he just changed plans to the black hole thing right away. Then He iced his boys because if they weren't slaves he could not trust them. Despite the fact that they were still suicidaly loyal after the Forced Friendship Bracelet broke.
    Because it's probably not a slave machine. Might just help people focus on a task or allow for a mindlink. The Dracthyr are described as having unity. That doesn't mean they lacked will, just that they could think as one.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    You know what's weird about this uh clip? All the Dracthyr use polearms instead of being spellcasters.
    Not really weird. Not all Dracthyr are Evokers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    Maybe because of the titan thingy that broke? Or because the old gods helped hide it? I mean the goal was clearlyto hide it Neltharions corruption from Nozdormu, because otherwise he would have been warmed. But then again I don't remember if Noz ever was questioned about forseeing Nels corruption? I can't remember right now, because either he would have ignored it or he would have been blind to it all. 50:50 this becoming another plot hole among many.
    There's a piece in the new art book about how Nelth retreated to his citadel to create a military force to protect the authority of the dragons and that no evidence was ever found if he was successful.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    That's nothing like Arthas

Arthas started his evil shit before he got frostmourne

Here neltharion was essentially a great hero then used the dark power because he had no choice

Arthas struggled with his humanity constantly
    The last thing we see from neltharion that wasn't evil was sealing the dracthyr which can be argued was so they could be woke up if he fell

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing morally Grey about it because he's not the precious banshee

Dude used bad thing to stop other bad thing (hello Illidan) and then just went full evil no "you don't understand" just "I'm gonna kill you and everyone"
    wow this is the complete opposite of what is going on.

neltharion has already been working with the old gods at this point, he had been mind controling the dracthyr at this point aswell.
    but to stop himself from dying, and from losing all he had created he revealed his true power, the old gods he had bargined with.

you cant just "call upon the old gods" there needs to be a connection, which he already had, this is just him revealing that connection, and then that is why he sealed them away, to stop them from revealing to the others, he sealed them away incase he could rebuild the artifact, or if he won, he would still have them at his disposal.

he was not a good guy, this was him being forced to show his poker hand early, and then imprisoning the witnesses to keep it hidden.
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnally86 View Post
    But is he though? The moment his Titan Slave Machine tm broke (why did titans make that?) He went all dark archon. He could have kept using them as disposable troops but he just changed plans to the black hole thing right away. Then He iced his boys because if they weren't slaves he could not trust them. Despite the fact that they were still suicidaly loyal after the Forced Friendship Bracelet broke.
    Pretty much this, the gauntlet forced him to his command, now there is no way currently to tell to what extent, of course they may still have been 99% loyal, but for deathwing even that 1% was a risk he could not take. it is a question of how much of that loyalty is real, and how much was PROGRAMMED into them, by their creation, or by the artifact, and with them supposed to be unwavering loyal followers, and them being the only living witnesses to his dark secret, he did not wish to take that risk and imprisoned them. nothing he did was good, he had already fallen to darkness at this point, but simply did everything he could to hide it, again "He was forced to show his hand, and so he removed the witnesses."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    The voice acting is very bad in my opinion its just a female talking….
    ???
    Did you want them to sing?
    That is what voice acting an npc talking is... talking...

Dude this is not world of warcraft the musical.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-11-09 at 08:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

???
    Did you want them to sing?
    That is what voice acting an npc talking is... talking...

Dude this is not world of warcraft the musical.
    You understand that this character should be a dragon human hybrid right??.???
    If you think that an animal like that would sound like a female human then this voice acting is prefect. In my mind they would sound different and not the same as humans.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    You understand that this character should be a dragon human hybrid right??.???
    If you think that an animal like that would sound like a female human then this voice acting is prefect. In my mind they would sound different and not the same as humans.
    In your mind they would.

Parrots are not humans, yet when they speak they do so nearly perfectly. 1:30 for example
    nor is the voice in these videos "normal human" she has a faint echo, and a sharp tinge to her voice. maybe you need to turn up your volume a bit so it does not sound like she is whispering, cause she for sure is not just "a normal humans voice"
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-11-09 at 09:10 AM.

First, this is not a redemption story. At least not yet, from what we know. Nozdormu states Neltharion sealed them away because he was scared of what they might become. The follow up stating he might have had a purpose for the later just means that he might have had plans to try and corrupt them later on after he found out how, or he might have wanted them in stasis in case the primal came back a bigger threat and thought he could try to bargain with them. We also saw he used them with a Titan artifact, meaning he could have sought out another one (possibly a hint that there is something else that will come up later in the xpac).

Now, all this talk about DW and Arthas. I will agree that there are some similarities b we tween the 2 with what we know now. They both gave themselves over to evil forces to become stronger for their own goals.
    However, Deathwing was corrupted when he gave himself over to the old gods. Arthas was a terrible person long before he was corrupted. He killed everyone in his hometown with no regard to try and help those who might not be sick. He hired mercenaries and then sold them out and left them to die on the shores of Northrend. He took up a cursed blade and abandoned his friend before being fully corrupted by the blade’s power. The last 2 in the name of revenge, showing he would give up all of himself and sacrifice those close to him simply to get back at Mal’ganis.
    As I said, there are definitely similarities, just like there are similarities between the 2 of them and Illidan, or any character from any media that sought revenge or power. They definitely aren’t exact.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    you cant just "call upon the old gods" there needs to be a connection, which he already had, this is just him revealing that connection, and then that is why he sealed them away, to stop them from revealing to the others, he sealed them away incase he could rebuild the artifact, or if he won, he would still have them at his disposal.

he was not a good guy, this was him being forced to show his poker hand early, and then imprisoning the witnesses to keep it hidden.
    You might not be able to call on the old gods them selfs but you can call on the void, Nobundo mentions it in one of the tbc or cata short story’s that along with Azeroth’s elemental spirits he could also commune with the void but he chooses not to as he can sense it’s darkness.

So it could be that he was already working with the old gods and was trying to cover it up or he could legitimately care about his troops dying and by passes the old gods to go straight to the void like a shaman can and then the corruption sets in past that point.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    You might not be able to call on the old gods them selfs but you can call on the void, Nobundo mentions it in one of the tbc or cata short story’s that along with Azeroth’s elemental spirits he could also commune with the void but he chooses not to as he can sense it’s darkness.

So it could be that he was already working with the old gods and was trying to cover it up or he could legitimately care about his troops dying and by passes the old gods to go straight to the void like a shaman can and then the corruption sets in past that point.
    If you are talking back in TBC, the void was not evil, the void was space back then.

So that's why they're only Evokers. Got their butts kicked for playing as "warriors".

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    If you are talking back in TBC, the void was not evil, the void was space back then.
    Checking it was a TBC story and before the whole void setup In cata, so rather unreliable for post change void info.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I can't tell if it's a deliberate choice for nuance or just shoddy scripting that Nozdormu tells the dracthyr that Neltharion locked them up so they couldn't tell on him to the teacher that he was in communion with the Old Gods and then not two minutes later it turns out that Neltharion put them on a timer so they could fight Raszageth instead and they were less in eternal prison and more in a time out.
    weren't they awakened shortly after the Primalists returned? so they would be needed to defeat her. also, Deathwing was arrogant enough to believe that by the time they were released from their prison Deathwing would've been victorious and killed all the other aspects, so wouldn't need them to keep the secret anymore

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    You know what's weird about this uh clip? All the Dracthyr use polearms instead of being spellcasters.
    When you do the Dracthyr starting area, you learn that Evokers are actually fairly rare, and your character is one of the only Dracthyr still alive that completed the training. I don't think you meet any Evoker NPCs.

Was that the last animated short? Super underwhelming.

???
    https://www.imdb.com/list/ls025880079/

"they have 2 va's sylvanas and this one"
    You didnt even say like laura baily? like the most well known, like JAINA PROUDMOORE!?
    Haha, that was exagerration mate. I just heard exactly the same voice somewhere in WoW already... maybe even a few times already!

what lame cheap shit.

i get the feeling, SL cost effectiveness is the new gold standard for Blizz. especially story telling. just throw in some quick nonsense cheap shit story, pull some heroes and some lame villains out of your ass and call it a day. imo it’s very cheap.

to me it seems Blizz tries out, how many subs they can loose again, while still making good profit, by using huge cost savings and by polishing profits via token. when WoD was there and was a fiasko, they at least tried to steer against, by delivering things. things like introduction of m+, order halls, weekly quests (new stuff at that time). you can say what you want about Legion, but there was at least still a try.

now lets look at the SL fiasko. they realized „oh, ppl just hate treadmill shit (or repetitive stuff, preventing alt playing), like soulbinds, gems, Korthia, Anima and so on. So lets just kill it for DF (spoiler: good descission). They also hate bad designed covenants, with problems timmy and his grandma already in beta realized. blizz was now also again like „just lets get rid of systems in DF“. (spoiler: again, good descission) but then that one single guy asked: but what we do instead? and blizz answered: nothing. do not improve quality. do not add more content. instead be even cheaper than SL, add nothing, create new talent trees, based on existing stuff and call it a dax. DF will be cheaper than SL, without Systems or Covenants (as i said: a good descission) and without more quality or content (not so good descision).

DF will be the cheapest xpac, ever released. you can quote this in 5 months from now, when everyone is realizing, HOW less and HOW cheap Blizz can deliver.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-11-09 at 09:30 PM.