Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Scale Up with the New Dracthyr Evoker

Scale Up with the New Dracthyr Evoker
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    With the release of phase 2 of the pre-expansion patch, players with Dragonflight can create and play the new dracthyr Evoker, a hero class that serves as both a race and a class in combination.

Meet the Dracthyr Evoker

Created by Neltharion the Earth-Warder, the essence of dragons was combined with the adaptability of the mortal races to create an elite soldier capable of switching from a draconic form to humanoid form. Long in a magical stasis, they are now awakening to a new threat within the Dragon Isles. It is in the Forbidden Reach that the dracthyr Evoker will start their journey to reclaim their fractured memories and face a new reality.

Dracthyr Evoker Quick Facts:

• Class: Evoker
    • Two Forms: Dracthyr and Visage
    • Armor Type: Mail
    • Weapon Types: Intellect Daggers, Fist Weapons, Axes, Maces, Swords, Staves
    • Specializations: Devastation (DPS) and Preservation (Healing)
    • Alignment: Horde or Alliance (chosen at character creation)
    • Starting Level: 58

Creating Your Dracthyr Evoker

Dracthyr Evokers are a new hero class and begin their adventures at level 58. Creating your first dracthyr Evoker has no restrictions other than requiring the new Dragonflight expansion. For subsequent dracthyr Evokers, you are only able to have one per realm, and can only be created once there is a level 50 (non-dracthyr) character on the realm you wish to create it on.

Dracthyr Evokers have special Empowered abilities that they can use to change the strength of the spell or ability they are casting. By holding down a button on your keyboard or mouse, you will power up a spell. The longer you charge the spell, the more damage it could do or the more targets the spell could hit.

For example, one Empowered spell first learned is called Fire Breath. Fire Breath can be powered up as a Level I - IV spell. An indicator bar will appear when casting to display the level of the spell that will be cast. Releasing the button or moving before completing a cast will stop the spell from going off provided it hasn’t reached one of those levels. Releasing the spell when the indicator is within the range of the level indicated will cast at that level.

At each level, the amount of damage done when using Fire Breath is increased. Not all Empowered abilities are alike, and over time, you will learn how to make the most of them.

Embracing your Draconic Nature

Dracthyr Evokers have two racial abilities that truly embrace the nature of this race: Wing Buffet and Tail Sweep.

Wing Buffet: With a powerful flap of your wings, knock away your enemies in front of you.
    Tail Sweep: Lash out with your tail, knocking enemies within 6 yards into the air.

You will also learn to Glide which you can activate by using the jump key while falling to slow your descent.

Better than simply gliding slowly to the ground beneath you, you will also learn how to Soar for a time to move around the land. To get the most lift to your loft and go the distance, you’ll want to hone your timing and start from a higher elevation such as the edge of a cliff.

Soar: Muster your strength and launch into the air.

There are several other base abilities that will enhance your time spent as an elite dracthyr Evoker including the Living Flame spell which you can use to either damage enemies or heal yourself.

Living Flame (Red): Send a flickering flame toward your target, dealing Fire damage to an enemy or healing an ally.

In Essence

Select spells and abilities require a resource known as Essence. This is displayed under your character portrait as five small opalescent globes and will automatically refill over time. One such spell that uses Essence is Disintegrate, which is the first spell you will learn as you progress through the starting area for the dracthyr Evoker.

Disintegrate (Blue): Tear into the enemy with a blast of blue magic, inflicting Spellfrost damage, and slowing their movement speed.

Scale up to a whole new adventure, and we’ll see you in the Forbidden Reach!
    Last edited by Lumy; 2022-11-10 at 07:59 AM.

It looks like a lizard.

Ehhh, just even more blood elves. I no longer play races, that don't match my racial identity. Because I wouldn't want to delete them and lose my progress, if restricted classes would be made available to all races.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2022-11-10 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Ehhh, just even more blood elves. I no longer play races, that don't match my racial identity. Because I wouldn't want to delete them and lose my progress, if restricted classes would be made available to all races.
    From what part of Azeroth are you?

a human female and blood elf male reskins... if this was an "allied race" then okay but a new race done this way feels cheap.
    especially bad are the face options since its so painfully obvious they are just some cosmetics glued onto the faces, like some of the oldest dota2 cosmetics.

sadly the geckos still look slithery instead of brawny even with the phattest option.
    They looked quite a bit better in the drawn videos blizz released, especially since they were shown wielding proper melee weapons and decent armor.
    Sadly that did not translate to the video game model... kinda like Pandaren looked a lot fiercer in art while in game they are obese jovial jokes.

I was hoping for a lot more improvements but it looks like we ended up with these... things

Quote Originally Posted by MrLoque View Post
    It looks like a lizard.
    Yeah thats pretty much what dragons are, oversized lizards, so that works out great then.

Aah visage day.
    When young dragons must start their budding
    and awesome journey, faced with a single but
    fateful choice.
    One which will no doubt require great deliberation
    and thoughtful reflection.
    Human female or male elf?

The male version looks so gay. That's stupid because much too woke.

(I have nothing against gays.)

Quote Originally Posted by jk1895 View Post

If you have to qualify your bigotry then you are a bigot.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    If you have to qualify your bigotry then you are a bigot.
    Guess everyone in 2012 was a bigot the? His comment just reminds me of a more pleasant past

And yes the male versions look gay, as if they are part of the Azerothian's Drag Race

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post
    Guess everyone in 2012 was a bigot the? His comment just reminds me of a more pleasant past

And yes the male versions look gay, as if they are part of the Azerothian's Drag Race
    Customize your own that doesn't look gay, it really is as simple as that.

you mean body type 1 xDD ? careful you might upset woke snowflakes xD

- - - Updated - - -

Can't wait for all these forum goers to try evoker then come back to whine non-stop because the class did not meet their weird standards of how it should be

Quote Originally Posted by Lordofbelbol View Post
    you mean body type 1 xDD ? careful you might upset woke snowflakes xD
    That "body type 1" is in the game since TBC, and I don't recall people calling Blizzard woke back then, so it looks like you're riding the revisionism horse here. FYI, you can do a zero-adorn form and just customize a standard belf, if too many colors offend you.

Wait a second! Why she-dragons don't have dragon-boobs?!

7+ Year Old Account

The visages look like draq queens, definitely done on purpose by the current people working at Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    That "body type 1" is in the game since TBC, and I don't recall people calling Blizzard woke back then, so it looks like you're riding the revisionism horse here. FYI, you can do a zero-adorn form and just customize a standard belf, if too many colors offend you.
    This post is complete utter bullshit.

It was always Male and Female.
    They changed it to Body Type 1 and 2 in classic WotLk. A ridiculous and unnecessary change.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Customize your own that doesn't look gay, it really is as simple as that.
    The reason why i will be playing a female instead, i never could stand the "blood elf" pose anyway ,for the pose just looks to gay, and that has been a thing people have been saying since TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by mitrooper View Post
    The visages look like draq queens, definitely done on purpose by the current people working at Blizzard.
    They really do lol... I had to take a second look and yeh, its can't be mistaken. They're drag queens lmao...

...man we aren't even in page 1 yet and this turns to a shitshow

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ...man we aren't even in page 1 yet and this turns to a shitshow
    Don't you know, having highlights in your hair means you should be treated less then human?
    Aparently...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content