Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    ...so how did a question about Allied races turned into a flamewar about game design or the levelling experience in WoD?

Oh yeah it is MMO-C
    @NineSpine @Aurabolt @Hctaz - everytime somebody mentioned how "the playerbase" demanded anything or how Blizzard didn't do what people suggested or when anyone says they know "what players want" I point you to any MMO-C thread, but we can already use this one to see that even 10 ppl on MMO-C cannot agree what "we" want and are at each others throat.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Passing through View Post
    ...so how did a question about Allied races turned into a flamewar about game design or the levelling experience in WoD?

Oh yeah it is MMO-C
    @NineSpine @Aurabolt @Hctaz - everytime somebody mentioned how "the playerbase" demanded anything or how Blizzard didn't do what people suggested or when anyone says they know "what players want" I point you to any MMO-C thread, but we can already use this one to see that even 10 ppl on MMO-C cannot agree what "we" want and are at each others throat.
    I'm not talking about what people want on forums. I'm talking about what people want as indicated by participation numbers, information gleaned from migration to other games, and the developers themselves talking about who they are catering to. Most of what I am talking about is not about wow specifically, but about the play style demographics that play these types of games are. We know there are hardcore players, collectors, casuals, PvPers, griefers, explorers, lore fiends, etc. etc. etc..
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I'm not talking about what people want on forums. I'm talking about what people want as indicated by participation numbers, information gleaned from migration to other games, and the developers themselves talking about who they are catering to.
    Phew...that is a lot. I don't really expect an answer, but where did you collect / find all that data? Especially participation and migration?

Phew...that is a lot. I don't really expect an answer, but where did you collect / find all that data? Especially participation and migration?
    There’s a lot of data pulled from the armory api that informs us what activities people do. We also can look as classic vs retail to get some ideas, insofar as we know those numbers.

The exodus to ff14 and subsequent explosion of players in that game is very well documented.
    -ynnady

There’s a lot of data pulled from the armory api that informs us what activities people do. We also can look as classic vs retail to get some ideas, insofar as we know those numbers.

The exodus to ff14 and subsequent explosion of players in that game is very well documented.
    hm...bit of a "Here is my claim, but I won't give you a link - go find out yourself"

Anyways...if a player is in retail or classic probably doesn't faze Blizzard, as it is still money in their pocket either way.

For the rest I did a quick google and apparently

"For October 2022, it’s estimated an average of 1,159,508 players logged in to continue their World of Warcraft adventures each day. These numbers remain a steady amount from recent months, likely a result of the Shadowlands update as well as the upcoming Dragonflight expansion.

It’s worth bearing in mind that this information is comprised of “estimations based on subscriber numbers and online sentiment,” therefore is purely an estimation. Player counts for the game haven’t been officially released outside of Activision Blizzard’s quarterly earnings calls."
    -so even those folks didn't find or bother to include the "lot of data pulled from the armory api"

Another article goes as far as to claim:

"According to estimates, World of Warcraft has around 8 million monthly players.
    The estimates for World of Warcraft daily players range from over 700,000 to 1,650,000 players.
    In 2022 it’s estimated World of Warcraft has around 4.6 million subscribers, according to Statista."

No idea how the 8 million players and 4.6 million subs match up, but maybe that is China, without a sub-system?

So yeah...anyways it is down from the 12 million the game had in WotLk ...

https://www.dexerto.com/world-of-war...acker-1842964/
    https://headphonesaddict.com/world-o...-player-count/

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Actually, WoD has become the go to leveling expansion since Chromie Time became a thing.
    Shit, you saying this has me actually thinking about it and... yeah, I can see it. Do the treasures still give XP, or did they remove that?

hm...bit of a "Here is my claim, but I won't give you a link - go find out yourself"

Anyways...if a player is in retail or classic probably doesn't faze Blizzard, as it is still money in their pocket either way.

For the rest I did a quick google and apparently

"For October 2022, it’s estimated an average of 1,159,508 players logged in to continue their World of Warcraft adventures each day. These numbers remain a steady amount from recent months, likely a result of the Shadowlands update as well as the upcoming Dragonflight expansion.

It’s worth bearing in mind that this information is comprised of “estimations based on subscriber numbers and online sentiment,” therefore is purely an estimation. Player counts for the game haven’t been officially released outside of Activision Blizzard’s quarterly earnings calls."
    -so even those folks didn't find or bother to include the "lot of data pulled from the armory api"

Another article goes as far as to claim:

"According to estimates, World of Warcraft has around 8 million monthly players.
    The estimates for World of Warcraft daily players range from over 700,000 to 1,650,000 players.
    In 2022 it’s estimated World of Warcraft has around 4.6 million subscribers, according to Statista."

No idea how the 8 million players and 4.6 million subs match up, but maybe that is China, without a sub-system?

So yeah...anyways it is down from the 12 million the game had in WotLk ...

https://www.dexerto.com/world-of-war...acker-1842964/
    https://headphonesaddict.com/world-o...-player-count/
    You asked me what evidence I use to inform my opinions and I provided an explanation of that. You didn't ask me for an annotated bibliography, nor would I provide one to someone that is being this atrociously dishonest.

I have no idea what you are even talking about with the rest of your post. It's just a bunch of random non-sequiturs about WoW's overall sub numbers, a subject I never brought up. You sound very much like someone itching for a fight with a phantom you've been rehearsing arguments with in your head.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Weird but if it's any consolation, Dracthyr are level 60 after you finish their starting experience.

I'm not surprised to hear SL is the new WoD: A Leveling Experience no one wants to do more than once if they don't have to.

Allied Race Unlock Quests were 50. No idea why they upscaled it to 60. Makes no sense to do that. LF Draenei was painful to do and more so knowing it was glitched when I did it.
    I can’t explain exactly why but yes, despite being only almost 63 and having explored 1/3 of the first zone, I can already tell that the leveling experience feels really MUCH better than SL. And it’s not because I have baby flying already (not talented DR is really poor experience).

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Allied Race Unlock Quests were 50. No idea why they upscaled it to 60. Makes no sense to do that. LF Draenei was painful to do and more so knowing it was glitched when I did it.
    Did the change coincide with the changes to leveling that went in on the 15th? Because the answer probably is the Chromie Time scaling caused that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    What kind of moronic idiot thinks that when WoD gave this god damn game the best leveling it ever had????
    WoD Was indeed one of the best leveling experiences

Quote Originally Posted by Dawningsun View Post
    Hello! I am confused about something. I've just as of yesterday, came back after about 2 years gone. I wanted to see where Iam on getting the Allied Races available. It's incredible confusing so I'm trying to track the quests. For Mechagnome, I need to be level 60 to start the chain that recruits them? Why level 60? Isn't that Shadowlands? Mechagnomes are BFA?
    oh noo you have to lvl 10 lvls that take 3 hour max ?

You sound very much like someone itching for a fight with a phantom you've been rehearsing arguments with in your head.
    That's a smart way to get out of a conversation by replying and not ignoring a quote...I need to remember that....well played
    Last edited by Just Passing through; 2022-12-01 at 07:55 PM.

That's a smart way to get out of a conversation by replying and not ignoring a quote...I need to remember that....well played
    Trying to antagonize me into a debate about something I do not care about is not going to elicit anything but laughter and pity from me. I never brought up wow's total sub numbers. I do not care about them. Stop winding yourself up this hard for an argument, because then you end up doing embarrassing stuff like word-vomiting a random topic and expecting someone to fight you over it.
    -ynnady