DPS balance in Vault of the Incarnates is a mess

So, the first logs are up and i'm "glad" to see that blizz has failed to balance specs yet again.

The gap between the top specs and the bottom is up to 27% depending on the fight. And the most funny part is that the devastation evoker is among the dead last, on par with shadow priest. Isnt the new class is supposed to be a killer feature of the expansion? One of the "selling points" in DF? How could blizz let them evokers stay so gimped all through beta testing and pre season-1 game and let it slip into raids unfixed?! Rhetorical questions of course.

And now people are going to build prejudice against them, here we're go again; mass refusal of evoker dps incoming. "Heal or gtfo" yet again?

Anyways the top ones could really use a swing of a heavy nerf bat; assassination rogue, enhancement shaman, MM hunter, arcane mage. And the very bottom classes should get a big buff - priest, evoker.

PS: For all of you "in my raid group the priest is destroying the meters" or "my evoker is a top dps" - get some better, equally geared players to compare yourself to. The logs are up, go and see for yourself.

Being a new class doesn't mean they shouldn't be bottom of the pack. They're also not bottom, they're around mid. So basically everything else is either underpowered or too strong around that.

It's also only the first week. There's no tier sets yet, most people aren't geared to the teeth yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohforfsake View Post
    So, the first logs are up and i'm "glad" to see that blizz has failed to balance specs yet again.

The gap between the top specs and the bottom is up to 27% depending on the fight. And the most funny part is that the devastation evoker is among the dead last, on par with shadow priest. Isnt the new class is supposed to be a killer feature of the expansion? One of the "selling points" in DF? How could blizz let them evokers stay so gimped all through beta testing and pre season-1 game and let it slip into raids unfixed?! Rhetorical questions of course.

And now people are going to build prejudice against them, here we're go again; mass refusal of evoker dps incoming. "Heal or gtfo" yet again?

Anyways the top ones could really use a swing of a heavy nerf bat; assassination rogue, enhancement shaman, MM hunter, arcane mage. And the very bottom classes should get a big buff - priest, evoker.

PS: For all of you "in my raid group the priest is destroying the meters" or "my evoker is a top dps" - get some better, equally geared players to compare yourself to. The logs are up, go and see for yourself.
    I've never seen such orginal post the last 18 years the game been out. Buff and nerfs these.

First time you enjoy the start of an expansion?

it is killer just in m+ with tanks pulling a lot :P

raiding is niche activity so it doesnt matter.

Dps are dime a dozen of course there's going to a inbalance between classes. Raid has been out for a couple days and will take time for adjustments. It's not surprising stuff gets through beta. Are you new to gaming or something? I get this this feeling from you of "I wont be happy till my class is better then every other class" vibe.

Take a chill pill.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

i mean tbf yes when DKs came out they were awesome DPS and Tanks
    Monks were pretty good at all 3 specs
    Demon hunters were ok DPS and pretty shit tanks when they first came out, especially if you had to heal the bums in M+
    Evokers are top heals and theyre ok dps

so its about par for the course all things considered.

BTW the top dps should never be nerfed the bottom tiers should simply be brought up to standard.

a fire mage on discord ranked 98 and ended behind the warrior tank, great balance
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2022-12-15 at 08:13 AM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    a fire mage on discord ranked 98 and ended behind the warrior tank, great balance
    Tank dps is a hot mess right now. Cant die, do great dps. Im just waiting for a raid filled with tanks only :P

Making Evokers OP would only predetermine nerfing them into the ground in a few month. I had that "fun" with DH when they arrived and I enjoyed tanking on them, only for the sudden nerf making them horrible to play.

I prefer to have them balanced and instead fun to play instead of OP numbers. In fact when I decided to main it for the expansion I never cared about numbers in the first place. I want a class that feels good to play with a mix of utility and mobility that allows me to do things for my group without dying from not being able to move out of aoe.