Page 66 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Weak penalty. What, is the GK not allowed to stand his ground and try and stop the shot? That the Argentinian player successfully chipped him doesn't mean he has no right to be there though. He ran right into the GK.
    Agree 100%. Sadly with the current VAR rules, since there IS contact they are not even allowed to intervene. No matter how irrelevant that contact is, that was NEVER a penalty.

Croatia is coming back and make no mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Oh no you didn't...
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Oh no you didn't...
    Airlick confirmed smashing of 6-0 incoming :P

- - - Updated - - -

3 to go

Lord. Argentinians are never going to stfu about this.

Maaaan, get that comeback started already...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Enjoying the Argentine Masterclass, but fuck Brazil for not being here instead of Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    Enjoying the Argentine Masterclass, but fuck Brazil for not being here instead of Croatia
    Croatia was better at killing the pace in the Brazil game, and Neymar showed low energy and little creativity if we do a 1to1 comparison between him and Messi.
    Argentina also got a freebie of a penalty to start them, who knows how it would've looked without it, if they'd get as frustrated as Brazil did.

- - - Updated - - -

Not the biggest fan of Argentina, but their fans have been fantastic, I feel like they might deserve a WC victory more than the team.... :P

Quote Originally Posted by Pozz View Post
    Croatia was better at killing the pace in the Brazil game, and Neymar showed low energy and little creativity if we do a 1to1 comparison between him and Messi.
    Argentina also got a freebie of a penalty to start them, who knows how it would've looked without it, if they'd get as frustrated as Brazil did.
    I think they should have got a penalty for Handball though, so it evened out, but the refereeing has been the worst though the 1/4 and semi finals such random nonsense, conspiracy theorists will be having a a great time though.

I mean Im not kidding myself this is new, probably the most 2 talked about goals in world cup history are Maradona's pair v England 1986 and neither would have counted if it wasn't for errors from the ref. They have decided the outcome of too many games when it should be the players doing that.
    Last edited by Marleycat; 2022-12-13 at 08:53 PM.

I think they should have got a penalty for Handball though, so it evened out, but the refereeing has been the worst though the 1/4 and semi finals such random nonsense, conspiracy theorists will be having a a great time though
    Croatia - Brazil ref was fairly decent IIRC, but the rest were all somewhere along the line from bad to shocking.

I do think the complaints about penalties etc. sticks so hard in people's mind because we have VAR now, so it's super frustrating to see a penalty like this one, the one Ronaldo got in their first game and a few others where it's extremely weak, and then knowing that VAR sits there and can't do anything about it. It kind of makes the refereeing decisions feel even worse.

I would like to see some data on why for instance Canada wasn't awarded penalties or at least a VAR check by the ref in their game against Belgium, like what exactly are the decisions made that means those were never given?

Quote Originally Posted by Pozz View Post
    Croatia - Brazil ref was fairly decent IIRC, but the rest were all somewhere along the line from bad to shocking.

I do think the complaints about penalties etc. sticks so hard in people's mind because we have VAR now, so it's super frustrating to see a penalty like this one, the one Ronaldo got in their first game and a few others where it's extremely weak, and then knowing that VAR sits there and can't do anything about it. It kind of makes the refereeing decisions feel even worse.

I would like to see some data on why for instance Canada wasn't awarded penalties or at least a VAR check by the ref in their game against Belgium, like what exactly are the decisions made that means those were never given?
    Not to mention Messi shouldnt even be playing in this game if the ref had been consistent in the Netherlands game

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Coming back to their home
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I think they should have got a penalty for Handball though, so it evened out, but the refereeing has been the worst though the 1/4 and semi finals such random nonsense, conspiracy theorists will be having a a great time though.

I mean Im not kidding myself this is new, probably the most 2 talked about goals in world cup history are Maradona's pair v England 1986 and neither would have counted if it wasn't for errors from the ref. They have decided the outcome of too many games when it should be the players doing that.
    How is Maradona second goal in 1986 not valid?

Quote Originally Posted by arlion View Post
    There was a 2 footed challenge that took out an England player right before the ball was passed to him. Not even close to getting the ball. I guess thats why every clip starts one second after that tackle.

There was a 2 footed challenge that took out an England player right before the ball was passed to him. Not even close to getting the ball. I guess thats why every clip starts one second after that tackle.
    Kind of a longshot aint it

written in the stars for the greatest football player of all time to cement his title.

think france go through comfortably. Mbappe winning his 2nd WC would be a hell of a thing too, what a quality team he is in.

"Hand of God" cheating throws everything out of the window.
    Saeed Al Qwairan's goal in 1994 and Pierre Njanka's in 1998 was good as well.
    Hell Dennis Bergkamp in 1998 took a ton of skill too.

Kind of a longshot aint it
    You tell me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K5ixKDeao8

Getting praised for cheating never set well with Argentinas neighbouring countries. The fucker even admits it, ofc years later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB-q_v_gGvY

7+ Year Old Account
    I love how the music sounds like something out of a 'PARANORMAL ACTIVITY CAUGHT ON VIDEO (SUPER SCARY)!'
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.