Page 69 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I can't imagine the intolerable nature of all the Messi fanboys creaming themselves at once if Argentina wins, even if he has an absolute stinker.

So I'm going with France.
    Since the numer of "Messi Fanboys" approaches near zero over here, i'm rooting for Argentina for that very same reason. The french will be insufferable after winning 2 in a row, although i think they'll make it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I can't imagine the intolerable nature of all the Messi fanboys creaming themselves at once if Argentina wins, even if he has an absolute stinker.
    And I can't imagine the intolerable nature of all the Messi haters creaming themselves at once if Argentina loses

Both sides are annoying.
    I preferred Agüero tbh
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Not a Messi fanboy, but towards the end of his career I'd be happy if he manages to get a WC win with Argentina. On the other hand, because (as they have shown against the Netherlands) Argentina has extreme assholes and bad sportsmanship in their team - much more so than any other team I've seen at this WC - I'd be happy if France would win as well.

I am pretty indifferent to who wins.

On one hand, we will never hear the end of it if Messi wins the WC. Nor we will hear the end of it if he loses.

On the other hand, its France. No one roots for them. Not even the French.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostfred View Post
    Not a Messi fanboy, but towards the end of his career I'd be happy if he manages to get a WC win with Argentina. On the other hand, because (as they have shown against the Netherlands) Argentina has extreme assholes and bad sportsmanship in their team - much more so than any other team I've seen at this WC - I'd be happy if France would win as well.
    Have you seen the shit Netherlands pulled tho?

Diminishing the team before the match on interviews
    Benched netherland players pushing Argentina players to the floor
    Goalkeeper and players trying to intimidate players during the shootouts

It was a heated match for the players of both teams. Anyone with blood on their veins would've gloated at their opponents after a match like that.

Hell, even one of the Netherlands clients I work with was trying to get a reaction from my co-workers before the match by claiming he was 'sorry for pushin Messi out of the WC tomorrow, there's nothing you can do'.

Argentina did not disrespect any other team on the WC or Copa America that I'm aware of
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

no one cares about pre-match talk. I'm not going to defend the shootout, that was very unsporting and they shouldn't have done it.
    But you can't mention the bench storming onto the field without mentioning the preceding seconds where an Argentinian player performs a hard tackle and then immediately shoots the ball at full power strait into said bench.

The players storming the field is a logical reaction, and that Argentinian should have been send off with a red card (yellow for the foul which he got, and a yellow for the ball into the bench) right then and there.

In the end both sides were frustrated with a terrible ref, who was unpredictable and lost control which meant that the frustration escalated more and more on the field.
    Both sides were garbage and needed a ref that clearly laid down the limits and kept the match sporting.

Put a competent ref on that field and it wouldn't have gotten remotely as bad.
    Last edited by Gorsameth; 2022-12-16 at 06:10 PM.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

On the other hand, its France. No one roots for them. Not even the French.
    I do and I am not even French, so I guess your sweeping generarilisation is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    French arrogance would reach critical mass levels if they won a second World Cup in a row, and 3rd in 24 years. For that reason, I guess I'm going for Argentina.
    The same would not be said for Argentina?

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    It's been since '86 since Argentina won, there's a whole couple generations who don't remember it. Hell, I'm 41 and don't remember them winning in '86, the first WC I really remember was '90.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    It's been since '86 since Argentina won, there's a whole couple generations who don't remember it. Hell, I'm 41 and don't remember them winning in '86, the first WC I really remember was '90.
    Good points... At least its not Brazil...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    If Argentinians get arrogant, let them. We need whatever happiness we can muster

Argentina has an almost 100% interannual inflation
    Incredible tax pressure (You have a 85% tax when buying something from Steam/Battle.Net for example)
    Horrible Politicians
    The Argentine Peso is worthless

Football is probably the only thing that it's stopping several of them from a mass suicide. Which might still happen if we lose tomorrow

This is the worst World Cup final I've seen in my lifetime. The two most douchebag teams in the final. How Croatia and Netherlands failed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    If Argentinians get arrogant, let them. We need whatever happiness we can muster

Argentina has an almost 100% interannual inflation
    Incredible tax pressure (You have a 85% tax when buying something from Steam/Battle.Net for example)
    Horrible Politicians
    The Argentine Peso is worthless

Football is probably the only thing that it's stopping several of them from a mass suicide. Which might still happen if we lose tomorrow
    So living in the modern century pretty much. That sounds like a list you could say about damn near any country

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    So living in the modern century pretty much. That sounds like a list you could say about damn near any country
    You mean South American country. America currently has some inflation and shit politicians, but the inflation is not THAT bad, and when has there ever been GOOD politicians since JFK when America lost its innocence and dynasties took over? Not sure how bad it is in Europe and Asia.

7+ Year Old Account
    My man, I bought a Nintendo Switch at 16000 Argentine Pesos in 2018
    It's currently 168000 Pesos now

That's the kind of inflation im talking about. It's fucking insane

So yeah, if we win the WC. Let us have this small moment of happiness
    Because afterwards we have to get back to whatever the fuck this country is

My man, I bought a Nintendo Switch at 16000 Argentine Pesos in 2018
    It's currently 168000 Pesos now

That's the kind of inflation im talking about. It's fucking insane

So yeah, if we win the WC. Let us have this small moment of happiness
    Because afterwards we have to get back to whatever the fuck this country is
    My condolences, I dont want to appear as belittling real issues.

Its just I live in a country that often tops "most desired countries to live in" with new zealand and in the last 5 years we've seen gas, electricity and rent all triple and now you need to be a millionaire to even consider being a home owner. Times are only getting tougher, its not good.

My condolences, I dont want to appear as belittling real issues.

Its just I live in a country that often tops "most desired countries to live in" with new zealand and in the last 5 years we've seen gas, electricity and rent all triple and now you need to be a millionaire to even consider being a home owner. Times are only getting tougher, its not good.
    cant you do a protest haka

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    cant you do a protest haka
    Theres actually massive advantages in having minority groups that end up protecting land. That is one aspect that NZ has over you european lot. In that it is much harder for corporate folk to just steam roll through because they cant actually push the little guy away because the land is protected. The land also ends up being under utilized however and you see insane home ownership prices for what land is available so its a double edge sword.

They actually picked a Qatari ref for today's match. Guess it doesn't matter Qatar and Morocco are Arab countries if they are technically in different continents, huh. I'll be extremely surprised if Croatians don't get screwed over here, we haven't had a big scandal yet on the WC. And it's not like this ref has or would have an international career to worry about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I can't imagine the intolerable nature of all the Messi haters creaming themselves at once if Argentina loses

Both sides are annoying.
    I preferred Agüero tbh
    Batistuta was better for me. Also there aren't really many Messi haters, it's not like there was really much Ronaldo hate the day after either.

Fanboy haters sure, but both fandoms are obnoxious as hell.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.