Page 1 of 3
LastLast

High end PC - low fps?

Hi all,

Im running 12700k, 3080 suprim x and 32GB 15cl rams.

Running wow in ultrawide, 3400p with everything on max, except raytrace. Yet I get low fps when lots of things going on on screen

https://i.imgur.com/1W8ZKMi.png

Is wow engine to blame here? I wanna utilize my cpu/gpu fully to get more fps; if thats possible ?
    Thanos should have won..

#NotMyEnding
    #ThanosWasRight

Update your Nvida driver

Quote Originally Posted by Xi Jinping View Post
    Update your Nvida driver
    lol.. Also fully upgraded.
    Thanos should have won..

#NotMyEnding
    #ThanosWasRight

Have you tried disabling all addons?

EDIT: Is it only in WoW you get low fps?

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Have you tried disabling all addons?
    same result
    Thanos should have won..

#NotMyEnding
    #ThanosWasRight

7+ Year Old Account
    what is lots of things going on for you ?

Probably just WoW trying to fit everything into a single cpu core.

Are the frames always running low or is it in specific situations?

Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    what is lots of things going on for you ?
    https://i.imgur.com/gEv1XcF.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    Are the frames always running low or is it in specific situations?
    Normally running high but when "lots of things going on" they are low.
    https://i.imgur.com/gEv1XcF.jpg

As you can see in the screenshots, my cpu & gpu are barely using any horsepower? :/

CPU usage: 21%
    GPU Usage: 30%

FPS: 55

Like wtf???
    Last edited by Xofa; 2022-11-19 at 02:51 PM.
    Thanos should have won..

#NotMyEnding
    #ThanosWasRight

If memory served WoW is capped at roughly 55-60 fps due to limitations.

and high fps in Stormwind:
    https://i.imgur.com/lnxP2wL.jpg

and more GPU usage ?! Sigh.. haha! Im lost :/
    Thanos should have won..

#NotMyEnding
    #ThanosWasRight

Dont confuse server lag or "catch up lag" with your PC performance.

And dont confuse hardware limitations with your PC performance, its like we are back in 2010 explaining this stuff.

100 people x procs x abilities x dots x targets = server lag cause of calculations, has nothing to do with your own PC, thats why you have better performance is Stormwind cause there is no calculations going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburger View Post
    Tell me you don't play wow without telling me you don't play wow

Try putting Compute Effects down to "Good" and type /console GxAllowCachelessShaderMode 0
    then restart the game. If this doesn't make it better, I have no other suggestions, this is what worked for me personally.

i did some research. possible solutions quoted from other wowites:

1. I had this issue, turned out that putting every single slider to max also meant applying 3 or 4 different types of AA on top of one another. Changed to one only, perfect FPS and no perceived difference.

2. i had to do a factory reset and it sorted it out. This is something I haven't tried yet. It's a new PC so I assumed the company I bought it off would set it up right. But can't hurt to just do a full reset myself just to be sure

3. I had the exact same issue with WoW in particular! High end PC, with a pretty basic asus VG258 or whatever, 144hz. Stuttering like hell, could hardly raid or use weakauras cause the fps just dropped too much. Accepted it and played with 4/10 graphics for a almost 2 years.

So.. This summer I bought a new acer nitro vg272 170hz, plugged in, and suddenly I basically had a new computer(??) no more drops, could play with 10/10 graphics.

It makes no real sense to me or anyone I've asked.

would like to point out that this post right here is an absolute life saver. my wifes 4k monitor was stuck in 30hz mode which forced her games to only run 30 fps or less. i completely forgot this could happen, was just about to buy her a new video card LOL

it has been many months and I just want to say you saved my sanity just fixed an issue that was driving me up the wall

4. Did you check wow settings? Sometimes the game has your fps set to capped/limited.

5. Tab out of wow and open the task manager to check if any background processes are pushing processing power or "disk" to 100% capacity. It might not be WoW itself slowing down but rather, your pc deciding to run/update other things while you're playing.

6. see if this video helps https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofuKReMPAcE

7. Double check "game mode" in windows settings. I was getting awful frametime jitter that on the graph looked like a sawtooth wave. Disabling game mode fixed it now i have perfectly smooth frametimes. The harder the cpu was working (on more complicated fights like sylvanas) the disproportionally worse the frametime jitter would get until it was reducing my fps to like 10. Now i don't drop below 40fps even on sylvanas with a i7 9750h and a gtx 1650.

8. Thing with wow is that it's really more cpu than gpu heavy. What I did when the same problem occurred was going into my bios and check the power voltage for my CPU. changed that from auto to extreme and my fps significantly increased.

9. In NVIDIA Control Panel set Power Mode to Full Performance while playing WoW.

10. is the computer using the discrete graphics card or is it using the integrated GPU on the processor? ppen up "Settings" and go to "System" > "Display" and select "Graphics Settings" here, then add a "Universal App" and add "World of Warcraft" and select the gpu.

11. https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...se-help/496582

Hi,

I have a high end gaming setup and I can not figure out why I only get very low frames in WoW. In raid, at the LOWEST (1) settings, my machine struggles to get 50 FPS with no addons enabled.

I’m playing at 2560x1440 with render scale set to 100%, 2070 super, and 3700x, my DxDiag info is below.

PASTEBIN: c8GpjG1n

Any help is sincerely appreciated.

Thanks!

I figured it out. Here’s what I did:

NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL

Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings > WoW - Retail
    Monitor Technology: G-Sync Compatible (not global)
    Power Management Mode: Prefer Max. Performance
    Preferred Refresh Rate: Highest Available
    Vertical Sync: ON (MOST IMPORANT)
    Triple Buffering: Off (global)
    IN GAME SETTINGS

Vertical Sync: OFF
    Triple Buffering: OFF
    DX 12 Enabled
    Max Foreground FPS: CAPPED TO 140 (4 less than 144 Hz)
    Enabling these settings removed all screen tear and low fps issues. Based on my research, NVIDIA V-Sync works better in conjunction with G-Sync than WoWs in-game V-Sync feature. I had the best results with this setup AFTER updating bios, chipset, and graphics drivers so YMMV.

Thank you Zungar for your help.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburger View Post
    Literally never been the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    your first problem is you're trying to run ultra settings in ultrawide resolution, not only is WoW in no way optimised for ultrawide monitor setups, it takes a huge amount of resources to render stuff in ultrawide to begin with, so it's not really surprising to see you have huge frame drops when in a 'high traffic' state, either drop your quality settings or reduce the resolution requirement to free up resources.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get the same results during those big boss fights during the elemental invasion thingy

Running WoW on 4K rez with maxed out Ray Tracing and graphics slider on 10

In The Barrens I'm going from 120+ fps to 20 fps in a blink of an eye when everybody pops everything when the boss spawns

This is with the PC in the signature
    | i9 10850K | RTX 3080 Ti Aorus | Z490 Aorus Ultra G2 | Corsair 32GB DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Seagate BarraCuda 6TB | Corsair HX1000W Platinum | Cooler Master H500M

personally, for me i get different frame rates on different monitors. make sure you are using the correct monitor with the correct settings.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sys01 View Post
    I get the same results during those big boss fights during the elemental invasion thingy

Running WoW on 4K rez with maxed out Ray Tracing and graphics slider on 10

In The Barrens I'm going from 120+ fps to 20 fps in a blink of an eye when everybody pops everything when the boss spawns

This is with the PC in the signature
    that might be due to your CPU causing you a massive bottleneck for your GPU, also doesn't help that 4K with raytracing enabled is a killer for performance, and you should expect a 50-70% frame drop as a result of that alone.