Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Another tuning will come before mythic raid, ofc mage will be considered "fine" and not worth of a buff.

I will 70 my mage today (3rd 70) then will decide what to pick between mage rogue and evoker
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Last expansion was mediocre for mages to. If you want good experience - switch to Lock. Patch after patch they are on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    Last expansion was mediocre for mages to. If you want good experience - switch to Lock. Patch after patch they are on top.
    Boosted my lock briefly before df release, destro is braindead, affli is headache inducing
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Boddhi View Post
    Were DH ever not OP?
    I mean, I don't do the balancing, I'm just saying that comparing a mage to a DH on trash in M0s and Heroics doesn't make sense. That's where DHs were designed to shine and mages weren't designed to shine there, from what I can tell.

On boss fights and such, I certainly don't feel OP, but on dungeon trash...yup, it's silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Koollan View Post
    It's never 'too late to change'. Especially in Dragonflight.
    Do you often eat onions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Do you often eat onions?
    Pardon? You lost me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

It's hard to tell atm, but doing m0 is depressing with DHs, Rogues etc.

Fire needs buffs, but may still do well in high M+ keys.
    Frost may do very good in higher keys as well.
    I'm unsure of the state of Arcane, but it's a turret class, so you wouldn't really wanna play that in M+. I think it's the best spec to play in raids currently, I've read it's still meh though.

In m0 we don't stand a chance against burst classes, trash just dies too fast. We'll know once we start doing higher keys.

Fingers crossed for buffs later this week, I think Frost needs it and Fire definitely needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekko View Post
    It's hard to tell atm, but doing m0 is depressing with DHs, Rogues etc.

Fire needs buffs, but may still do well in high M+ keys.
    Frost may do very good in higher keys as well.
    I'm unsure of the state of Arcane, but it's a turret class, so you wouldn't really wanna play that in M+. I think it's the best spec to play in raids currently, I've read it's still meh though.

In m0 we don't stand a chance against burst classes, trash just dies too fast. We'll know once we start doing higher keys.

Fingers crossed for buffs later this week, I think Frost needs it and Fire definitely needs it.
    I don' expect anything, when a spec is crap (like fire or mm hunter) they just buff it a bit to be a bit less crap, not to be in S tier
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Pardon? You lost me.
    And so did the person you originally responded to.
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

I will try the ignite cleave build without flamestrike and see what happens
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    I will try the ignite cleave build without flamestrike and see what happens
    It's only going to be decent in high keys when trash stays alive long enough, will just be depressing in low keys, as it is in m0.

It's better than Flamestrike build regardless.

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    And so did the person you originally responded to.
    ... Ooookaaaay?
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    shut up idiot

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    I don' expect anything, when a spec is crap (like fire or mm hunter) they just buff it a bit to be a bit less crap, not to be in S tier
    Yeah it was kind of disheartening when morgan day confirmed this in an interview, it makes sense for the rwf in the first 2 weeks maybe but as a general balancing philosophy this sucks and just reinforces to play fotm or should I say fot(season).

I.e. play demonhunter, it will likely still get some nerfs but will 100% stay in the upper quarter this entire season for raid and m+.

... Ooookaaaay?
    You're my new favorite person because you are simply innocent to the internets and that's rare nowadays.

Basically the person was being sarcastic about it being too late to switch. "Eating the onion" is a term used, loosely in this case, to describe someone falling for a parody news site like the onion.

It's slowly gaining more and more usage and is now used for various other parody, sarcasm and tomfoolery.

No harm meant and hope you have a good day.

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Basically the person was being sarcastic about it being too late to switch. "Eating the onion" is a term used, loosely in this case, to describe someone falling for a parody news site like the onion.

It's slowly gaining more and more usage and is now used for various other parody, sarcasm and tomfoolery.

No harm meant and hope you have a good day.
    Thank you for the context, that's an entirely new phrase to me. Makes sense with its usage, then.
    shut up idiot

1+ Year Old Account
    If you're talking solo PVP, last time mage was any good at it was WOTLK.

If you're talking leveling and questing, mage was always trash at it.

If you're talking arena, rbg, M+, raiding, mage is always a good idea.

A question: Anyone else still having issues with arcane charges being constantly bugging out and not properly displaying? During questing and easy mode dungeons I could live with it, but it starts to really piss me off in more challenging content, since I'm never sure how many charges I have currently build up. And no, I have this happen with all addons disabled as well, so it's not an addon problem.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by SNES-1990 View Post
    I feel like dead weight in heroics so far. My damage is half of what rogues, monks, DH, and ENH Shaman are dishing out. Feels like the age of melee.
    There has not been a single expansion where mages are not outright OP in at least one spec, often multiple.
    Same as it is now. Its 100% a you and learn to play issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    If you're talking solo PVP, last time mage was any good at it was WOTLK.

If you're talking leveling and questing, mage was always trash at it.

If you're talking arena, rbg, M+, raiding, mage is always a good idea.
    leveling and questing? who cares
    he specifically said in m0....